Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is with the slave outfit wearing companions.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What is with the slave outfit wearing companions.

Vulfey
12.27.2012 , 08:19 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by shiatcgge View Post
Because I'm a man and I like looking at a sexy girl. Are there other sexy outfits available? sure, but in my mind nothing beats a bikini.
In all honesty and seriousness? It's one of the very first sets that are fully modable, not kidding I wish I rolled a female char more than a few times to get that. It's easier at that level to mod up as required as there are a few "black periods" in leveling ( i'm sure is familiar especially 40-50 pvp I mean what happens there with gear). But yeah, essentially that's it and it can be bought with social rank and very little creds =) Makes sense.

*ed I got misquoted on the guy before me >< Will not quote. Situation stands however/
“By the Way of the warrior is meant death. The Way of the warrior is death. This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this. It means to see things through, being resolved.” ~ Yamamoto Tsunetomo

AhsokaTanorules
12.28.2012 , 01:28 AM | #32
They're cooler looking than the Cartel stuff so far and not as difficult to obtain.

LadyDrusilla
12.28.2012 , 02:44 AM | #33
I like pretty, feminine clothes. Though I prefer the dancers outfits to the slave costume so my characters get the dancers outfits and companions get the slave outfit. Of course I don't give every character dancers outfits, my BH is in Imperial trooper armour and my smuggler looks suitably smuggleresque.
This blonde loves her Hutts, the bigger, the better.

SithKoriandr
12.28.2012 , 03:14 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by internaty View Post
Not sure if it belongs here but:

Why do people equip there companions(or themself)
With the slave outfit.
And dont tell me because they want to look at a sexy charater.

There are plenty of ways to look at sexy people that doesnt even invole effort.

So i want to know the real reson why people dress up there charaters.
I'm in a guild that has many members running around in the Slave outfit. My first thought was, "It can't be because of the butt, because TOR has some of the worst looking butts in MMOs"

But the reason is obvious, none the less

I like the Cartel Pack top myself though. Goes well with the long social vendor skirt available on Kass with Social 2. Thought it worked well for an ex-slave (SI Storyline) and Sith/Jedi don't tend to need armor (in the movies/books anyways).

Zaxem
12.28.2012 , 03:18 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I'm in a guild that has many members running around in the Slave outfit. My first thought was, "It can't be because of the butt, because TOR has some of the worst looking butts in MMOs"

But the reason is obvious, none the less

I like the Cartel Pack top myself though. Goes well with the long social vendor skirt available on Kass with Social 2. Thought it worked well for an ex-slave (SI Storyline) and Sith/Jedi don't tend to need armor (in the movies/books anyways).
i actually like the swtor butts more than rift and wow they look pretty good with type 2
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Sinapus
01.02.2013 , 12:58 AM | #36
I succumbed to insanity. Meet the SWTOR version of the Dirty Pa-er, the Lovely Angels...

Spoiler

Any unintended disasters that strike various planets they are questing on are not their fault.

To atone, I guess I'll create a male guardian who says "Oro" a lot. Or maybe go to another server and create an Armstrong legacy, and use body type 3 and that covert torso armor to create a light-sided Sith Warrior, whose Force techniques have been passed down the Armstrong legacy for GENERATIONS!!!
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

Bird_of_Thunder
01.02.2013 , 01:17 AM | #37
because Darth Talon. thats all
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Birna
01.02.2013 , 02:29 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Vulfey View Post
In all honesty and seriousness? It's one of the very first sets that are fully modable, not kidding I wish I rolled a female char more than a few times to get that. It's easier at that level to mod up as required as there are a few "black periods" in leveling ( i'm sure is familiar especially 40-50 pvp I mean what happens there with gear). But yeah, essentially that's it and it can be bought with social rank and very little creds =) Makes sense.

*ed I got misquoted on the guy before me >< Will not quote. Situation stands however/
You know what is even easier to get? The social gear on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. It has the added bonus of not making you look like a creeper.

EDIT: To clarify, the people who dress THEMSELVES in those outfits ... well, whatever floats your boat. But there's something intensely creepy to me about dressing up the companions in the skankwear.

AhsokaTanorules
01.02.2013 , 04:15 AM | #39
Loincloths have been fine, but when are they going to move on to shorts and mini skirts or fish nets.

Rincewend
01.03.2013 , 04:03 AM | #40
2k for a set of oranges that I can mod and save money till the end of the game, ofcourse I am in them and so it my primary companion. When I get to End game than I will change. Wish my male toons could wear a the thong too, my type 4 judd would be epic jumping on people in pvp with a thong it would really inspire fear.