Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

XP Boosts and Companion Quests

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
XP Boosts and Companion Quests

Osodvus
12.24.2012 , 10:23 AM | #1
Having recently returned to the game I have fallen out of the loop when it comes to how things are supposed to work. My issue is that I used an XP boost while catching up all of my companion quests.

I had turned in a companion quest for 6480 xp when I realized I'd forgotten to use a boost since I'm level 41. So I popped an xp boost and continued with my quests. Lo and behold, I got the same xp afterwards, 6480 xp...

Now I know I'm a product of the public education system, but when I read "Increased experience from all activities", I had expected that to translate into quests and kills. Was I misguided in my beliefs and exactly what are the xp boosts supposed to be used for if not quests?
Went outside yesterday, graphics were awesome but gameplay sucked.
RIP OPOD . 12/1/11

Xiled
12.24.2012 , 12:39 PM | #2
Its BW and you expect them to do things the way they say? Or put items into the game that do what they say they should do? Hah! If you haven't realized by now that they don't care about this game, just sucking the most $ they can from it before it flatlines then you must really love BW
4 year WoW Vet, then i swapped my axes for my and became a 3 year SWG vet

wingspeare
12.24.2012 , 01:28 PM | #3
The most I got from a companion quest was like 5275 I just finished my jedi knights last night and maxed all but Kira.

Not sure if the math works out but maybe you clicked it and didn't remember.

Osodvus
12.24.2012 , 03:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by wingspeare View Post
The most I got from a companion quest was like 5275 I just finished my jedi knights last night and maxed all but Kira.

Not sure if the math works out but maybe you clicked it and didn't remember.
This was not the case. I had no buffs activated other than sprint when I used it. Applying 25% to your numbers comes out to roughly 6600 xp which is higher than what I was getting.

Just trying to figure out what's broken so I can avoid it. And google hasn't provided any help. It's par for the course really considering all of the non-game breaking beta issues still present. Mostly QoL issues which need addressing.
Went outside yesterday, graphics were awesome but gameplay sucked.
RIP OPOD . 12/1/11