Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper PvP Guide by Express

NoTomorrow
12.25.2012 , 09:19 AM | #11
Thank you all for your contributions, i have updated the guide as well as added the first chapter in Sniper vs. Other classes analysic the matchup between Snipers and Powertech.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

dakisback
12.25.2012 , 12:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Tibbel View Post
Looks like this is going to be very helpful to a lot of people!

Just a couple things about the stats section (4.2):
  1. Might want to specify which accuracy you're talking about (ranged vs tech/special).
  2. There's no such thing as a surge soft cap. While it's perfectly fine to say that 76% is a point at which it "feels about right", it's incorrect to say that anything significant happens to its scaling at that point.

Surge is capped at 80% in a sense that 80% is NOT ATTAINABLE. That's a cap.
DakisbackMarkmanship Sniper Dakisbehindyou[AMR]Lethality Operative DakiscatImmortal Juggernaut Dakisaheadofyou Darkness Assassin
<The Revenant>
The Shadowlands

Tibbel
12.25.2012 , 12:14 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by dakisback View Post
Surge is capped at 80% in a sense that 80% is NOT ATTAINABLE. That's a cap.
Well yeah, but there's not a soft cap.

NoTomorrow
12.25.2012 , 12:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tibbel View Post
Well yeah, but there's not a soft cap.
So you are saying that the return per surge point at 75% is the same as at 70%?
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

adezero
12.25.2012 , 03:00 PM | #15
the returns go down slighty but there's no reason to stack accuracy anyway. I'd rather have more surge than hit tanks slightly more often, you're supposed to use illegal mods for tanks anyway. you can easily get to 78% surge while keeping 100% accuracy

NoTomorrow
12.25.2012 , 06:36 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by adezero View Post
the returns go down slighty but there's no reason to stack accuracy anyway. I'd rather have more surge than hit tanks slightly more often, you're supposed to use illegal mods for tanks anyway. you can easily get to 78% surge while keeping 100% accuracy
It's a debatable think left to players own choice. I for example would prefer that saberward and deflection would not shutdown my white damage when i am playing MM

adezero
12.25.2012 , 06:40 PM | #17
you most likely wont hit them no matter how much acc you have, you gotta use illegal mods

Tibbel
12.25.2012 , 07:47 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
So you are saying that the return per surge point at 75% is the same as at 70%?
No, not at all. What I'm saying is that no matter which two points we pick, the returns are going to be different. There's nothing mathematically unique about 75% (or any other point).

The returns gradually decrease as we get more of a stat. If Sniper A thinks 75% is where the returns become "too little", that's fine, but it's subjective. Sniper B may have a different opinion about what "too little" means.

If Sniper C asks the math what point is best, the math is going to say, "It depends."

NoTomorrow
12.25.2012 , 07:59 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by adezero View Post
you most likely wont hit them no matter how much acc you have, you gotta use illegal mods
yes, but illegal mods will still leave room for 20% to miss. If you had many fights against enemy gunslingers or snipers, you know that this is still quite a lot. Bringing it a few percents below that could have a greater value for some players, like me, than extra 2% surge.

Mythurin
12.25.2012 , 08:37 PM | #20
Contrary to popular belief, in PVP I skip straight to Cull after CG and CD. After Cull I hit them with SoS and then WB. At this point Cull is nearly back up and you still have your 2 DOT's running but just barely. One more Cull and then reapply dots and throw in EP+Ambush.

A really great eye-opener in PVP on sub-18K health folks is to Leg Shot them, set up EP and hit with AMBUSH and then SoS. Usually I activate TA and throw in SS before SoS. This really gets them running from you. The burst there is rather frightening to poorly geared players. At this point you can be running them down with CG and CD and apply WB while moving. At this point he should be nearly dead and either finish with Cull or throw in Takedown. The 40m range has saved our team many a night in Huttball.

One other thing I should mention is our Interrupt has a 35m range capability and can be used while moving.

-J