Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anger and fear.

Vulfey
12.27.2012 , 12:32 AM | #21
On the flipside, look at Jedi. No anger, no fear ect, what you're looking at essentially is a person with a big stick and nothing to lose.
“By the Way of the warrior is meant death. The Way of the warrior is death. This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this. It means to see things through, being resolved.” ~ Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Beniboybling
12.27.2012 , 05:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
Traya most probably focused anger and that is why she remained calm, being in state of anger doesnt exactly mean to mumble and throw shouts. Althou I doubt that any experienced Sith would become furious easily, after all they slay many different beings in hundreds, it must have become a routine. Of course, enemy who would put equal fight probably would enrage a Sith and then it is a matter of a discipline.

Personally I'm much more interested in the Emperor, Lord Scourge and Sith Warrior as they do not possess emotions any longer, for them I guess same presence of the Dark Side inside them is enough to channel it in combat or they focus on murderous intent.and thats how it work. I would say that they are the ultimate form of the force sensitive fighter.
Hmmmm, the Jedi always talk about the dark side being the 'easy path' to power, but maybe there's more to it than that. Maybe you don't need to use strong emotions to tap into the dark side's power and that through enough concentration and strength of will you can just call upon it like a Jedi calls upon the light side of the Force. The difference here would be that instead of being a weapon of the Force, the Force becomes your weapon, because you have learned to control its power rather than let it control you through 'giving in' to your emotions. The Sith Emperor after all says:

There is no death, there is only the Force. And I am its master.

And that guy seems pretty devoid of strong emotion, but then again he does seem to use anger in his battle with Revan if I recall. Maybe if you just learn to focus your emotions enough you eventually learn to control them, and so can call upon the essence of anger, fear and hatred whenever you want without actually having to feel those emotions at the time, just a thought.

Vulfey
12.27.2012 , 08:13 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

There is no death, there is only the Force. And I am its master.

Interesting choice of quote. For two reasons. The Jedi Mantra, "There is no death, there is the force"
And as Yoda quote "The force is my Ally, and a powerful ally it is".

Indicates very slight differences given that angle
“By the Way of the warrior is meant death. The Way of the warrior is death. This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this. It means to see things through, being resolved.” ~ Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Beniboybling
12.27.2012 , 08:21 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Vulfey View Post
Interesting choice of quote. For two reasons. The Jedi Mantra, "There is no death, there is the force"
And as Yoda quote "The force is my Ally, and a powerful ally it is".

Indicates very slight differences given that angle
Exactly, light and dark are much closer than you may think. And for Kreia, who was almost a grey Sith, they may have being even closer. After all she says, in regard to the Force:

If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal.

She obviously drew on the teachings of the Jedi and the Sith. So perhaps she actually followed that line in the Jedi Code, "There is no passion, there is serenity." Or at least to an extent.

Vulfey
12.27.2012 , 08:34 AM | #25
I always thought Kria was just silently a very good sith, but I suspeeeect you may be right. (If you haven't played KotOR 1+2 Don't look at this, seriously.
Spoiler

Vlad_Dracul_
12.27.2012 , 09:12 AM | #26
Most powerful are hate and of course, love. Anger is really for losers, but i guess its very useful on Korriban at trials, when youre only apprentice, and you need focus your mind and power: and anger is simple tool even for acolyte.

Its same like with all passions, though. Problem is only your interpretation, what is good passion, what makes you more powerful.
Just look on Darth Jadus. He is calm guy, with deep hatred, with literally aura of fear, but he obviously well controlling himself. Darth Bane was also everything else than angered mindless butcher. And Darth Vectivus' passion lied in his bussiness, so his holocron is more guide for CEO's, lol: "Never borrow money from someone powerful enough to make you pay. Let your workers know you trust them...then watch them."

Even Darth Tyranus said, that mercy is useful sometimes. Usefulness is also very important stuff in Sith ways. When you making own power structures, you just MUST be like Jedi, find knowledge, make deals in shadows, controlling own passions. Irony.

So real good Sith is like shapeshifter. But most of them are inevitably consumed by the Dark Side and destroy by it. Who knows how good ruler would've Palpatine been, if he didnt turn more mad and ugly from own lightnings?

Vulfey
12.27.2012 , 09:23 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlad_Dracul_ View Post

Even Darth Tyranus said, that mercy is useful sometimes. Usefulness is also very important stuff in Sith ways. When you making own power structures, you just MUST be like Jedi, find knowledge, make deals in shadows, controlling own passions. Irony.

So real good Sith is like shapeshifter. But most of them are inevitably consumed by the Dark Side and destroy by it. Who knows how good ruler would've Palpatine been, if he didnt turn more mad and ugly from own lightnings?
Yeah but
Spoiler
I thought that earlier with someone else. The morality stands, Sith have none, Jedi bend easy with it sometimes

Vlad_Dracul_
12.27.2012 , 10:47 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Vulfey View Post
The morality stands, Sith have none, Jedi bend easy with it sometimes
Most Jedi and Sith are just extremists. Mindless monks vs. crazy butchers. Just because rigidity of jedi and incredibly simple fall to the dark side. Galaxy would appreciate more grey Jedi and Sith with another passions than just pathetic anger.
Also killing lead to the dark side is only problem when you killing with anger. When youre cold self-controlling assassin, you cant risk to be consumed by DS (trick of grey jedis), or you can channel another passions. For food, sex or money, so good or risky life. (trick of Sith, what dont want be lured completely by DS to losing control)

Path-x
12.27.2012 , 08:42 PM | #29
I think the ideal Sith would be unbound by any moral standards and would have the Sith efficiency and disregard for weak and Jedi calmness and focus. When I was playing my Sith characters I went by that mentality. I always chose conversation responses that had calmness, wit and mocking attitude. This makes you look like you always have things under control and that nothing can get to you. I never chose options that included anger. I enjoyed the most when Jedi opponent got angry and I would preach to him, make fun of him and tell him how pathetic he is. To me anger is not only a loser emotion but also makes one look unintelligent.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

FichutheDude
12.28.2012 , 12:59 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
I think anger and fear are for losers and for the weak. These two emotions don't fit with SIth "survival of the strongest" behaviour and their winner mentality. Anger greatly diminishes ones focus and mental performance and consequently increases chance for errors. Winners have no reason to be angry while losers do. As for fear, fear is a powerful weapon so therefore the Sith should induce fear and terror into their enemies, not the other way around. A Sith who is afraid sounds pathetic and weak.
It's something at the base core of psychology. Fear/anxiety/stress/anger etc can be a positive thing unless it's controlling you . Fear can prevent you to be harmed just like it can save your life.. Too much of it can cause panic attack which make you unable to answer to your body reaction. Have your parent ever told you that you don't know danger when you was a kids/teen ? When you learn danger and fear it.. You learn how to protect yourselves from harm .

If you run face to face with a bear. Fear can save you life. Unless you're prepared. Fear often replace it for survival . It's make your entire body reaction change. All the energy of your body is than used only for 1 thing. Survive. Even your eyesight vision change and make you much more focused .

Batman is like a SITh lol. He use his own fear and impose it on others. Being scared/anxious is a normal thing. If you're never scared .. You're a fool or not fully developed. Strong people are scared like everyone else, but they manage to control their own fear or even use them positively. When you're scared of your own body reaction it's when it will control you. You can't control your fear .. but you can control how you perceive it.

Even I will say that the coward are those who don't show their own weakness. Strong people cry and are scared. Overconfidence is a sign of weakness.