Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I was sure Boba Fett used a Blaster Rifle...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
I was sure Boba Fett used a Blaster Rifle...

Shadowseve
12.27.2012 , 05:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Believe it or not the class is called Bounty Hunter, not Boba Fett. If you read anything of the EU you'd know that not all bounty hunters were Boba Fett nor did they all use rifles.

It was a carbine, not a sawed-off rifle (whatever that is)

Boba Fett died like a drunken punk, I still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much
This ^ I don't know why everyone idealizes hims so much. Dude got his *** kicked into a Sarlacc pit.. He was not that epic.

Griad
12.27.2012 , 06:06 AM | #12
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

GhostdoggTorok
12.27.2012 , 07:21 AM | #13
believe it or not the class is called bounty hunter, not boba fett. If you read anything of the eu you'd know that not all bounty hunters were boba fett nor did they all use rifles.

boba fett died like a drunken punk, i still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much

lmaopimp

oslek
12.27.2012 , 11:30 AM | #14
I completely agree OP, but it's not going to change. Many of us were here asking that very same thing pre-launch. It's done this way because Bioware thinks every class has to look exactly the same even if it does fly in the face of lore.

And don't even get me started on those butt ugly and hideous outfits that await us at end game. Thank god for orange gear.

Commander_Hawke
12.27.2012 , 11:36 AM | #15
The fact that the bounty hunter uses 1 or 2 pistols just shows that it is derived from Jango and perhaps a few other BHs...

Most bounty hunters used every weapon imaginable... Some used rifles, carbines, exotics, and yes, having different weapon skins for the weapons would amazing. I would not be hard to do at all considering we are using Gamorean axes for Force users now.

nogoodtomedead
12.28.2012 , 07:37 PM | #16
Believe it or not the class is called Bounty Hunter, not Boba Fett. If you read anything of the EU you'd know that not all bounty hunters were Boba Fett nor did they all use rifles.

Boba Fett died like a drunken punk, I still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much
Ummmm... Boba Fett may have fallen into the sarlac pit but was able to escape and was nursed back to health by the bounty hunter Dengar, who was looking for the remains of jabba the hutt.

TalonVII
12.29.2012 , 12:31 AM | #17
Yes bounty hunters did use rifles. Hell most used whatever in the hell they could get their hands on and suited their fighting style.

Look at AoTC. The female bounty hunter used a sniper rifle, poisonous creatures and blaster pistols.

My view is this when it comes to weapons in starwars. Certain classes of weapons need to be broken up into more specific classes.

I will be using real life guns to make the point but i think you will get what i mean.

Blaster pistols need to be broken up into light and heavy designations. Light equals todays .38 specials, 9mm hand guns, the stuff you could wield in two hands.

Heavy blasters = .50 Desert eagle, .22 magnum[dirty harry gun]. Basically hand cannons you almost have to hold onto with two hands to shoot accurately.

My suggestion for BH. They start off with light blasters. Then if you go marauder, you stick with light blasters since you dual wield them.

Powertechs move onto heavy blasters that IMO should look like mini cannons, big gigantic guns that almost require two hands to shoot.

Least give us the feel that that single gun we are wielding atleast LOOKS impressive. Plus i'd make the heavy blasters do more damage than light, but however mercs get TWO blasters so that makes up for the less damage per shot with just a hail of gunfire.

I think that would solve A LOT of issues with BH's not using rifles.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Bouncy_Hunter
12.29.2012 , 01:10 AM | #18
Please first fix my class and balance classes and THEN let's talk about cosmetics

TalonVII
12.29.2012 , 01:13 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Bouncy_Hunter View Post
Please first fix my class and balance classes and THEN let's talk about cosmetics
And which class is that? Power Tech is pretty much good, now Merc, yeah needs some serious work.

IMO, and i know i'll get blasted for this one, some of the abilities should be able to be casted on the move so it's a run and gun.

Want to make it cast time, sure, but allow me to atleast move while i do it!
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Bouncy_Hunter
12.29.2012 , 01:18 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
And which class is that? Power Tech is pretty much good, now Merc, yeah needs some serious work.

IMO, and i know i'll get blasted for this one, some of the abilities should be able to be casted on the move so it's a run and gun.

Want to make it cast time, sure, but allow me to atleast move while i do it!
Well I'm both actually, but my 50 is a PT leveling Merc. PT is fine because of Pyro, I want to see Adv. Prototype do better, at least in PvE. As for Merc....I'm too tired for that rant. But we're not the only class that needs fixing.