Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm done.

PoliteAssasin
12.23.2012 , 07:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Graciel View Post
I have noticed that GD has been in more and more warzones statistically. But it's not really their fault. They are a pretty big guild in Imperial side Begeren Colony, so of course they will que up together. I mean, wouldn't you if you had a guild to PVP with? You may not like the guild-to-premade aspect, but the game is a lot better, especially in warzones, with a group of people you know and trust with the assistance of voice communication.

EDIT: I do know how ya feel. I sometimes solo que as well hoping to get into a good team myself. Lady luck doesn't seem to like us sometimes. I still think you should give it more than 2 weeks. Like previously stated, it's not always going to be against premades, and you may even learn techniques to defend yourself. Maybe duel a Rage/Focus spec player to help you?
Lol it's not one rage spec that's the issue. Alone they're easy. As Cons always points out in his streams, they travel in groups of rage maras/juggs with pocket healers. Good luck with that.

Quote: Originally Posted by Riggz View Post
The best PvP'ers are pub side... Lol
No kidding. He must not be playing the same begeren colony we are.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

MelliMelon
12.23.2012 , 07:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by hulcalan View Post
we do but until you lvl a pub healing alt i have to whore myself out other wise lol

This made me smile.

Desiirea
12.23.2012 , 08:16 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by hulcalan View Post
YOURE A HEALER! ... dude when my guardian gets to 50 me and you should pvp together

hulc's gaurd = never die
*grabs*

You
are
MINE!

To the OP:
I wish I could offer you advice. I know the particular group you are speaking of and honestly when I solo que I don't last very long either and I'm fully geared out. Look, If you are a healer and you are a sage, this server has been well trained to not leave those alone. And they have had a lot of practice on how to shut us down. I was just crying in pvp ops chat earlier on a fellow sage healer. It hurts but keep fighting the good fight... it's that or go smug heals. *comfort hugs*

P.S. I don't think you are going to find it much different on other servers. They all have smash bombers/premade groups... and since everyone thinks sages are the squishiest and flash big dps crit numbers when hit, they tend to get targeted first... sad but true.
Desiirea, The Cookiegoddess Legacy - Seer Sage
You don't know the power of the Desi side
Server 1st Elite Warlord - Server 1st 16-man Infernal
Cookies4Ever

Rylorn
12.23.2012 , 10:08 PM | #24
First of all, sorry to hear this. Judging by the forums(not just from this server,) there seems to be quite a lot of frustration between players that commonly play in groups and those that don't. Solo players disliking the dominance of groups, and groups feeling the need to always group to avoid the unreliable solo players. If more of the stronger imperial pvpers were split into smaller guilds, I think we'd be having close to the same problem. The guild tags would have more variety, but the problem would still persist as long as players had fun teaming up.

Players that reach out to other players and are decent, can make friends and find groups. A guild isn't a requirement to find other players for those who don't want to join one. I highly encourage everyone to do that, not because I am forcing my own thoughts on anyone, but it can really make a difference in your own enjoyment. Sometimes I queue up solo, and all is well. Other times I queue solo and before the next match I will scramble to bring some other players with me so I don't get stomped, it just is the nature of the beast right now, and friends in warzones make a big difference.

Everyone looks for something to blame. I sometimes resent the amount of it laid on Grim, but then again, that is also the beast's nature.
A long time ago in an MMO far,
far away. . .

Approxy Reftach [Illegal Test Kitchen] The Bastion

Larce_Apollo
12.23.2012 , 10:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Riggz View Post
The best PvP'ers are pub side... Lol
Doesn't matter when you have a small pool of talent drowning in bads.

I don't pvp on my 50 tank so i don't know how that bracket is yet, but my shadow I am working on has to compensate for players 20-30 levels above my level 15 becuase they suck harder then a hoover.

If it's different in the 50 bracket that is good to hear, the pre-50 bracket is pretty bad with a few exceptions.

LarcÚ Apollo - Trooper-Commando/Combat Medic Ω
SWG/Bria Vet - CE Pre-Order - Full Beta Tester
The Army of Light | The Ebon Hawk Server

J_Fred
12.24.2012 , 01:13 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Larce_Apollo View Post
Doesn't matter when you have a small pool of talent drowning in bads.

I don't pvp on my 50 tank so i don't know how that bracket is yet, but my shadow I am working on has to compensate for players 20-30 levels above my level 15 becuase they suck harder then a hoover.

If it's different in the 50 bracket that is good to hear, the pre-50 bracket is pretty bad with a few exceptions.
republic side by far has the most and best quality players on this server, we also have the top ranked pvp guild on this faction as well, if you want to get involved in a strong pvp community pubside is where its at. I have 50s on both sides, and I can safely queue up solo on my rep characters without having to worry about getting a bunch of incompetent players on my team.
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

EFSoupy
12.24.2012 , 01:47 AM | #27
I agree somewhat with the OP. The fact that there are so many sents/mara who's strategy has regressed to leap and smsweep/smash is lame. The fact that it's become a feasible strategy against healers is even more irritating. I have no problem getting leveled when I know that it means the person is skilled enough to beat me. But when it's a two button attack that takes all the coordination of seeing someone else leaping at me, you may as well be spamming tracer missile.
As for a solution for Op, from someone who comes from a guild that does very little pvp, if you keep healing and do well enough with it, you end up developing contacts who appreciate a good healer. I've had the good fortune to meet people who will bring me in to their premades to heal. It doesn't solve the probl, em of 3-4 maras who only push 2 buttons to kill you, but you do get into a more skilled and coordinated team. And as Desi says, roll a smuggler, healing while running for your life is sadly kind of fun.
-Moco

Tatami
12.24.2012 , 03:34 AM | #28
I am one of GD's Juggernauts and I don't use Rage spec in pvp. I do very well with Vengeance spec. Plus our Marauder's aren't all smashers. Dahz for instance, isn't. Nor is Aroca I believe. I have been known to switch to Smash spec for a change of pace, but 90% of the time I am Vengeance. If you battled with me you know it.
Begeren Colony Server.
Grim Determination
Tatia,Tatami, Tatiana, Tatsi, Tatsuko, Tatsuki

J_Fred
12.24.2012 , 04:37 AM | #29
Well you can always tune into Consular's livestream for the special "Counting with Count Consular" portion of the show. All you smashbombers beware, were keepin tabs on you

1....smash bomber.......2...smash bomber.......
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

Mindsting
12.24.2012 , 05:14 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
Well you can always tune into Consular's livestream for the special "Counting with Count Consular" portion of the show. All you smashbombers beware, were keepin tabs on you

1....smash bomber.......2...smash bomber.......

I plan on making a special segment for Counting with Count Consular
Consular - 55 Shadow
JediConsular on Twitch
Begeren Colony