Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm done.

PoliteAssasin
12.23.2012 , 05:00 PM | #11
Grim gets tired of being face rolled by ASB in ranked. As they say, hurting people hurt people. :P But I've never had an issue with their premades in the pres so speak for yourself. We've even beaten their 6-8 mans with pugs before. Just the other day we forced their little premade to give up and camp a node, when there was still time to turn around the match. You must be getting grouped with the wrong people is all I can say. I usually solo queue as well.

They usually roll smashbombers and healers in their premades. (Their maras don't usually do well in the other specs) We in turn go smash Bomber to fight fire with fire. They don't do so well. With decent pugs it is pretty easy to beat their little premades. With the terrible pugs in leveling greens that have been showing up lately, they probably won't even beat an imp pug let alone a premade.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

MelliMelon
12.23.2012 , 05:01 PM | #12
Sorry to see you go. The way matchmaking goes, it usually puts PUGs against PUGs and premades against premades. I can see a few reasons why this may have happened:

1) There were not enough people on, so it put a full pug against a GD premade.
2) It matched you (solo) plus a republic premade against a GD premade and 4 pugs, and the pub Premade didn't do so well.
3) Grim had people solo queue, and it put them in the same warzone.

A lot of people never think about number 3. It happens to me a lot, putting me in a group of guildies when I'm solo queueing, and I can imagine it happens ten times as much with Grim, since they are much bigger than my guild. A lot of people think it's malicious, but it's just a guild tag, and often times they aren't even on a voice chat, just trying to have fun the same as anyone else.

I think your best bet is finding some good friends to group up with, or playing other characters. PvP on Begeren Colony is nicer than other places, I've heard.

Graciel
12.23.2012 , 06:39 PM | #13
I have noticed that GD has been in more and more warzones statistically. But it's not really their fault. They are a pretty big guild in Imperial side Begeren Colony, so of course they will que up together. I mean, wouldn't you if you had a guild to PVP with? You may not like the guild-to-premade aspect, but the game is a lot better, especially in warzones, with a group of people you know and trust with the assistance of voice communication.

EDIT: I do know how ya feel. I sometimes solo que as well hoping to get into a good team myself. Lady luck doesn't seem to like us sometimes. I still think you should give it more than 2 weeks. Like previously stated, it's not always going to be against premades, and you may even learn techniques to defend yourself. Maybe duel a Rage/Focus spec player to help you?
GRACIELBegeren Colony
G U N S L I N G E R

Larce_Apollo
12.23.2012 , 06:53 PM | #14
Not really their fault so many pubs suck at pvp. Like that on several servers from what I have seen.

LarcÚ Apollo - Trooper-Commando/Combat Medic Ω
SWG/Bria Vet - CE Pre-Order - Full Beta Tester
The Army of Light | The Ebon Hawk Server

Riggz
12.23.2012 , 07:00 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Larce_Apollo View Post
Not really their fault so many pubs suck at pvp. Like that on several servers from what I have seen.
The best PvP'ers are pub side... Lol
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

Knifetwister
12.23.2012 , 07:07 PM | #16
Well, joining a guild isn't really a good idea right now anyways, I'm taking a leave of absence for military stuffs mid January, and will be gone for several months. So this solo player will stay a solo player.

The thought of leveling yet another toon (my seer is #4, but my only actively played) is not a pleasant one at this point. My only other real option is to stop healing and go back to dps in hopes that I won't get focused so badly. I started healing at 50 when my gear was crap because I couldn't even make a dent in anyones health pool. I still have the WH earpiece and 1 implant to go, then need to farm up the creds to augment everything, but the gear discrepancy isn't the big issue at this point.

Respectfully, I will keep the name of my char to myself for now, so as to avoid further targeting. I know some of you will offer helpful advice, which I would welcome, but there are always people who like to target and bully. I'd like to avoid that until I can take a punch or two. Conversely, I do not want sympathy play either, like people avoiding me in wzs, things like that.

But I appreciate the positive posts, the big thing that kept me here was community and how it stands out from those in other games in the feedback>trolling, so thank you for that.

hulcalan
12.23.2012 , 07:15 PM | #17
YOURE A HEALER! ... dude when my guardian gets to 50 me and you should pvp together

hulc's gaurd = never die
Herro-Kitteh HulcalanCheezeburger

Trixdope
12.23.2012 , 07:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Riggz View Post
The best PvP'ers are pub side... Lol
lol this ^

these past 2weeks ive been pvping on imp side has been the worst ive ever experienced we been getting ALOT of garbage players, way more than pubs.

Riggz
12.23.2012 , 07:32 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by hulcalan View Post
YOURE A HEALER! ... dude when my guardian gets to 50 me and you should pvp together

hulc's gaurd = never die
I thought we had something special hulc
Urdnought Level 55 Operative
Urdonught Level 55 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

hulcalan
12.23.2012 , 07:40 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Riggz View Post
I thought we had something special hulc
we do but until you lvl a pub healing alt i have to whore myself out other wise lol
Herro-Kitteh HulcalanCheezeburger