Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm done.

J_Fred
12.27.2012 , 07:58 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Syberduh View Post
Do you two even queue for rated any more?
I haven't q'd on my main ranked toon since the summer, however I have one of the highest rating you would find impside, probably only surpassed by one other player on the imperial faction which would be tyrosine. I'm no stranger to ranked warzones, so I'm not sure what your trying to prove here?
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

J_Fred
12.27.2012 , 07:59 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by LinkDaven View Post
I try to be, I find that people have different viewpoints and arguing with them about it gets you nowhere. The best course of action for me is to try to explain my viewpoint so that others can see where I'm coming from. Whether they accept it or not is up to them, I won't force it. Understanding and tolerance a happy community make.
And that's where I definitely agree

PoliteAssasin
12.27.2012 , 08:03 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
I haven't q'd on my main ranked toon since the summer, however I have one of the highest rating you would find impside, probably only surpassed by one other player on the imperial faction which would be tyrosine. I'm no stranger to ranked warzones, so I'm not sure what your trying to prove here?
Somehow this reminds me of a kid asking in COD "have you even prestiged bro???" This guy is the one who's derailing the thread lol. Also, you might want to say legitimate ratings, as we know some imp guilds, who shall go unnamed, have been known to farm in house ranked for ratings.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

Riggz
12.27.2012 , 09:46 AM | #114
Is 3200 ranked comms worth the grey marauder gear?

Or would it be better spent on agent elite WH gear?

The most important question of all time.... Stats or Swag

Well I'm going to disappear again since I have nothing meaningful to add
Urdenot Level 65 Sorc
Urdonught Level 65 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

Riggz
12.27.2012 , 10:43 AM | #115
@ ray

Yes!!! Urping with Urd is complete!! Just need to find a date

@ Ard

You are so right!! That grey gear just looks too legit. It's not as good as the white jug gear, but whatever
Urdenot Level 65 Sorc
Urdonught Level 65 Scoundrel
<GRIM DETERMINATION>
<INFAMOUS>

Aikon
12.27.2012 , 10:50 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Knifetwister View Post
I'm not going to continue subjecting myself to the misery that is BG pug PvP.

Grim Determination has completely ruined 50 warzones for those of us who prefer to stay away from unrated PvP. I can't go into a game without running into one of their premades. I have tried playing at 9am. I have tried playing at midnight, 3am, noon, etc. Every time of day, there is a GD premade going on at some point, and my win/loss ratio is around 1/16. Since all I do is PvP, this means that I log on to get my *** handed to me over and over again by the same players all day long. Being a sage seer against GDs smash-monkey-stacking premades means my lifespan is mere seconds.

I have given it a solid 2 weeks of heavy PvP since hitting 50, ranking up to about 58 in that time. Gearing up in this environment has been the worst experience of the last 15 years of my gaming life. I'm slightly bummed about leaving the BG community as a whole because I've met some great and helpful people here, but PvP is my preferred game, and I cannot continue getting bullied by Grim Determination in pug warzones any longer. So it's time to switch servers.

Grim, I don't personally know any of you, and I'm sure some of you are actually decent people irl. But the abuse that you dump on pug PvPers only fills me with disgust and disdain for everyone under the GD tag. Please know that there are people whom you are driving away from PvP, the server and maybe even the game due to your 'griefing' of pug wzs.

It's taken every ounce of self control to not make an imp toon and start cursing out every member of the guild. That's how frustrated I am. So I'm bowing out. To my fellow solo puggers, I wish you luck and hope you have a greater tolerance for sustained abuse than I do.
PvP can be frustrating when you are rolling with PuGs. I know this, as does everyone else who has posted here. I dislike GD as much as the next guy, but I can't blame them for wanting to group up together. I do the same exact thing with Pubs when I can (I'm a competitive guy). They are exceptional PvP'ers that just know how to play together well and very rarely, if at all, group up with players outside of their guild. I mean, other than Black Sun and Project Shadowfury, do you see any other major Imp guilds out there that play together that well together (at the present time)? No.

On the Pub side, if you took the PvP'ers from Ascension, DoA, Blue Sun, Doomed Lemmings, and Infamous (I know I forgot some guilds, and I apologize for that), and then threw them all under the same guild tag... (lol... just imagine that for a moment, even though it wouldn't likely ever happen), we'd see a post like this more often from Imp players that would feel as frustrated as you are.

There are weeks when Pubs > Imps and then the next week it's Imps > Pubs. As has been pointed out, two weeks is too short of a time frame to judge how PvP is on this server. It's also December when people are busy with finals, holidays, traveling, and etc. People have more time off and are either playing more or playing less at this time of year. I'd say give it another two weeks at the very least because people will be returning to their regular daily routines soon.

If you ever would like to group up, look me up in-game.
Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible.
Aykon - Guardian FELL

Laistran
12.27.2012 , 11:38 AM | #117
I don't always beat Grim premades, but when I do, I go straight to the forums to brag about it

NastyButler
12.27.2012 , 11:53 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Must be difficult killing people who don't have a full skill tree, or all of their abilities.
I've just found it's a more enjoyable craziness. When you start adding in the Expertise Stat, just doesn't feel the same to me.

J_Fred
12.27.2012 , 03:02 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Laistran View Post
I don't always beat Grim premades, but when I do, I go straight to the forums to brag about it
It seems a lot of people here need a lesson in reading comprehension...I guess all those guys who say that the immature players usually pick impside were right

Tatami
12.27.2012 , 03:58 PM | #120
Bottom line here no one is doing anything malicious. Stop dragging GDs name through the mud.
Begeren Colony Server.
Grim Determination
Tatia,Tatami, Tatiana, Tatsi, Tatsuko, Tatsuki