Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I'm done.


PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
12.27.2012 , 07:15 AM | #101
I don't dislike you guys at all, neither do I care about your performance in warzones. One of your guildees said you don't lose to republic pugs. I showed a few instances that I managed to screen/find that show otherwise. Just because some of the players in there are good doesnt mean they're not pugs. That was the whole point, republic pvp has better pugs than imperial pvp. Stop trying to play the victim and play up this narrative that everyone's out to get you. If anyone doesn't like someone it would be your guild not liking me. Hearing how angry you guys get when killed in warzones, but I get that some people take it personal when in reality it really isn't.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

J_Fred's Avatar


J_Fred
12.27.2012 , 07:17 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Syberduh View Post
Are you serious? Do you even read what you write?

You go on and on about solo queuing with this gem sitting 20 posts back?
So just because I solo q I'm supposed to do it 100% of the time? I think it's you who needs to read again my Russian friend...
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

Syberduh's Avatar


Syberduh
12.27.2012 , 07:21 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
So just because I solo q I'm supposed to do it 100% of the time? I think it's you who needs to read again my Russian friend...
My point is that some of y'all pubside have interesting an interesting definition of "pug"
Ushanev Syberjugg<Illegal Test Kitchen>
Because chicks dig orange overcoats and guys who don't die.
And streams. Chicks totally dig streams. I mean, right guys? They do, right?

J_Fred's Avatar


J_Fred
12.27.2012 , 07:30 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Syberduh View Post
My point is that some of y'all pubside have interesting an interesting definition of "pug"
There's pugs, and there's premades. If you don't q for wz in a group, then obviously your not a premade.
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

Syberduh's Avatar


Syberduh
12.27.2012 , 07:41 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
I group with neo almost every day, and i havent played a pvp match against you for along time...
Once again, I'm pretty sure this doesn't meet many people's definition of a pug, but that's not really the point.

In most or all of your screenshots, there are likely pubside premades even if you aren't in them. Do I have any proof? No, but then neither do you. In fact I queue up solo fairly often, as you say you do, and simply happen to land in a WZ with other grims. I'm often not in voice chat with other grims. Now before you say "of COURSE those grim teams are premades" -- they may well be but they aren't necessarily.

But the main point of this thread, before you derailed it, was a player expressing his frustration at playing against GD teams that he was having trouble defeating. Most of your posts in this thread have been along the lines of "I can beat them" -- which is nice and all, I guess -- but completely irrelevant to the original post. "You could beat them if you were me" is not really a helpful response.
Ushanev Syberjugg<Illegal Test Kitchen>
Because chicks dig orange overcoats and guys who don't die.
And streams. Chicks totally dig streams. I mean, right guys? They do, right?

LinkDaven's Avatar


LinkDaven
12.27.2012 , 07:45 AM | #106
Shepard: Yes, PUG’s literal definition is “pick up group,” however that does not mean that players automatically assume anyone not in their queued group in a warzone is a PUG player. If you ask any player if a friend or guildy that randomly gets into a match with them is a PUG, you would most likely find they would say no. People attribute the term PUGs to people they don’t know, who they don’t normally play with, because people they do play with they don’t have to group with to know their skill sets and strengths. You can see someone you know and know right away, “ok this person should guard” or “ok this person is a healer so I should try to protect them” or “this person can put out massive damage so they should always be where the action is to give us a better chance to take control”. You don’t have to be in a group with voice chat to know what someone can do. In that sense players who you know, even when not in a group with them, are not the random players one associates with PUGs. Argue all day for the literal definition if you like, but most players I imagine will not agree with you when they think of what constitutes a PUG.

On your second note, I was never replying to the OP so that point is moot. However, in the interest of keeping this thread somewhat on topic, OP, I’m sorry that we are ruining warzones for you, it is not our intent. We are not out to be malicious or say “hmm let’s go roll some noob pubs today”. We PvP because we enjoy PvP and we have an abundance of players to play with. As Hulcalan said earlier, this is an MMO, it encourages social interaction, and we utilize it. I understand the reasons for why you choose to solo queue, but you have to understand that in an MMO it’s not the majority vote to do things solo. You play an MMO to enjoy the company of other players. We have a very large PvP guild with a lot of active players and as such we group a lot and subsequently tend to have a lot of groups running. Yes, sometimes those groups end up together in warzones. Sometimes they end up against each other. Many things can happen when you have that many people playing. But again, I am sorry that you feel your experience is being ruined, believe me when I say it is not our intent, all we want is to enjoy the game like you’re trying to.

Neo (or Rinzler or whatever you would like to be called now, not entirely sure since you changed your name): Already said my piece about the definition of PUGs so I won’t do that again, but I quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
You claim that you havent lost to pugs. I'm going to prove you wrong.
Yes, later on you said that the Republic has the best PUGs on the server and I agree with that. But this quote right here, in replying to Mourne, was why you posted those screenshots because it was at that point you said that you would prove him wrong and presumably went to find some screenshots to use. The point you clearly made in posting those is that “GD loses to PUGs.” Yes, we do. Sometimes deservedly. However, as I pointed out already, by the average player definition of PUGs, with which you have to consider in a forum in which all the other participants are players, you did not play with complete PUGs in those games, and that was the point you set out to prove.

I might also point out that I was not “playing the victim,” merely pointing out some inconsistencies. You might have noticed I didn’t make excuses for why we lost; in the close games I just commented that it was close and in the rolls I said your team simply outplayed ours. And considering the OP’s point that we were ruining warzones and some of the subsequent replies you understand if I feel that such points must be made. Also I was not trying to place blame on anyone, I was simply using your posts to make an observation.

However, like I said, drama is not my first choice of atmosphere and I like enjoying the time I spend playing, so take what you will from my posts.
Talisya | T'shana | Títanía | Tarína | Tyranya | Tyría | Tenaya | Toralea
Sammie | Kotomí | Éclair | Melaníe | Tytanya
The Chiss Sorority
Grim Reapers - Ops Leader/Main TankGrim Determination - Begeren Colony

Syberduh's Avatar


Syberduh
12.27.2012 , 07:52 AM | #107
Do you two even queue for rated any more?
Ushanev Syberjugg<Illegal Test Kitchen>
Because chicks dig orange overcoats and guys who don't die.
And streams. Chicks totally dig streams. I mean, right guys? They do, right?

J_Fred's Avatar


J_Fred
12.27.2012 , 07:55 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by LinkDaven View Post
Shepard: Yes, PUG’s literal definition is “pick up group,” however that does not mean that players automatically assume anyone not in their queued group in a warzone is a PUG player. If you ask any player if a friend or guildy that randomly gets into a match with them is a PUG, you would most likely find they would say no. People attribute the term PUGs to people they don’t know, who they don’t normally play with, because people they do play with they don’t have to group with to know their skill sets and strengths. You can see someone you know and know right away, “ok this person should guard” or “ok this person is a healer so I should try to protect them” or “this person can put out massive damage so they should always be where the action is to give us a better chance to take control”. You don’t have to be in a group with voice chat to know what someone can do. In that sense players who you know, even when not in a group with them, are not the random players one associates with PUGs. Argue all day for the literal definition if you like, but most players I imagine will not agree with you when they think of what constitutes a PUG.

On your second note, I was never replying to the OP so that point is moot. However, in the interest of keeping this thread somewhat on topic, OP, I’m sorry that we are ruining warzones for you, it is not our intent. We are not out to be malicious or say “hmm let’s go roll some noob pubs today”. We PvP because we enjoy PvP and we have an abundance of players to play with. As Hulcalan said earlier, this is an MMO, it encourages social interaction, and we utilize it. I understand the reasons for why you choose to solo queue, but you have to understand that in an MMO it’s not the majority vote to do things solo. You play an MMO to enjoy the company of other players. We have a very large PvP guild with a lot of active players and as such we group a lot and subsequently tend to have a lot of groups running. Yes, sometimes those groups end up together in warzones. Sometimes they end up against each other. Many things can happen when you have that many people playing. But again, I am sorry that you feel your experience is being ruined, believe me when I say it is not our intent, all we want is to enjoy the game like you’re trying to.

Neo (or Rinzler or whatever you would like to be called now, not entirely sure since you changed your name): Already said my piece about the definition of PUGs so I won’t do that again, but I quote:

Yes, later on you said that the Republic has the best PUGs on the server and I agree with that. But this quote right here, in replying to Mourne, was why you posted those screenshots because it was at that point you said that you would prove him wrong and presumably went to find some screenshots to use. The point you clearly made in posting those is that “GD loses to PUGs.” Yes, we do. Sometimes deservedly. However, as I pointed out already, by the average player definition of PUGs, with which you have to consider in a forum in which all the other participants are players, you did not play with complete PUGs in those games, and that was the point you set out to prove.

I might also point out that I was not “playing the victim,” merely pointing out some inconsistencies. You might have noticed I didn’t make excuses for why we lost; in the close games I just commented that it was close and in the rolls I said your team simply outplayed ours. And considering the OP’s point that we were ruining warzones and some of the subsequent replies you understand if I feel that such points must be made. Also I was not trying to place blame on anyone, I was simply using your posts to make an observation.

However, like I said, drama is not my first choice of atmosphere and I like enjoying the time I spend playing, so take what you will from my posts.

We disagree on the definition obviously but at least your civil about it, which is something I rarely come across when interacting with your guild, so thanks.
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
12.27.2012 , 07:56 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Syberduh View Post
Once again, I'm pretty sure this doesn't meet many people's definition of a pug, but that's not really the point.

In most or all of your screenshots, there are likely pubside premades even if you aren't in them. Do I have any proof? No, but then neither do you. In fact I queue up solo fairly often, as you say you do, and simply happen to land in a WZ with other grims. I'm often not in voice chat with other grims. Now before you say "of COURSE those grim teams are premades" -- they may well be but they aren't necessarily.

But the main point of this thread, before you derailed it, was a player expressing his frustration at playing against GD teams that he was having trouble defeating. Most of your posts in this thread have been along the lines of "I can beat them" -- which is nice and all, I guess -- but completely irrelevant to the original post. "You could beat them if you were me" is not really a helpful response.
You might want to go over the posts on this thread, because once again you aren't getting it. But ill walk you through it and hopefully you can understand it this time around. He claimed that grim has ruined pvp in the regs. The regs. Which is where everyone is if youre not in rateds. You had one of your guildees claim, after I said I had no problem with your guild in the regs, that the OP was right and that my statements about having no issue with 4-8 man grim premades in the pres was false. I simply provided screenshots to refute his claim. Please, tell me where the thread was derailed, because from what I can see its very much still on point. The only derailment is done by you and your guildees doing exactly what j_fred called you out for doing, attacking me when you know you've got nothing left to resort to, which quite frankly is sad. The players in the screenshots are from different guilds. Sure they could have all been in a group, mixed guild premade, but for every single one of them? Don't kid yourself. And I'm quite sure only one of them was a 2 man premade, everyone else were pugs. All you have to do is look at the names. I don't much care that you guys premade. I'm simply refuting the claims made by the OP and a member of your guild. Now lets try to continue this discussion without putting the blame for all the worlds problems on me.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

LinkDaven's Avatar


LinkDaven
12.27.2012 , 07:58 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
We disagree on the definition obviously but at least your civil about it, which is something I rarely come across when interacting with your guild, so thanks.
I try to be, I find that people have different viewpoints and arguing with them about it gets you nowhere. The best course of action for me is to try to explain my viewpoint so that others can see where I'm coming from. Whether they accept it or not is up to them, I won't force it. Understanding and tolerance a happy community make.
Talisya | T'shana | Títanía | Tarína | Tyranya | Tyría | Tenaya | Toralea
Sammie | Kotomí | Éclair | Melaníe | Tytanya
The Chiss Sorority
Grim Reapers - Ops Leader/Main TankGrim Determination - Begeren Colony