Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Issues

Anosa
12.23.2012 , 03:02 PM | #1
I just resubscribed a few days ago to see whats new...

I'm enjoying the game a little more... but the PVP balance is still terrible....

Its mostly in CC abilities and such. Its stun wars more than anything. Every time i try to do anything i am instantly stunned and as soon as break it another is placed on me instantly. This is absolutely horrible.

Another big concern i haveis how easy it is for melee classes to get in your face. You stun then and run away and cast then they force leap right back up. You do a KD to them and hey jump right back in your face again. Its aendless cycle of CC and force leap it seems

I have a Jug too and i can easily say he mows others over compared to my Inq

Am i the only one having issues with this?
Meow

rawfox
12.23.2012 , 03:09 PM | #2
When i resubbed, it needed not less then 10 weeks, to get the same control over my char like before i left the game due to this horrible tab targeting.

There is a problem with Resolve.
Thats what people say.
Learn to play is, what other people say.

I think, both are right and you need more time to manage your combat the way it may have been before.

Anosa
12.23.2012 , 03:13 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by rawfox View Post
When i resubbed, it needed not less then 10 weeks, to get the same control over my char like before i left the game due to this horrible tab targeting.

There is a problem with Resolve.
Thats what people say.
Learn to play is, what other people say.

I think, both are right and you need more time to manage your combat the way it may have been before.
i have no problem with my combat. There isn't anything i can do to stop from getting stunned repeatedly... or to keep people off me. Its nonstop. If i jump on my jug right now i can mow over every class
Meow

rawfox
12.23.2012 , 03:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Anosa View Post
i have no problem with my combat. There isn't anything i can do to stop from getting stunned repeatedly... or to keep people off me. Its nonstop. If i jump on my jug right now i can mow over every class
Yeah man i play only Guardians, get stunned 3 times in a row and Resolve isnt filled, so i'd say, something is broken, but maybe im a naab and miss knowledge /shrug
How's your experience with Resolve ?

I have mine on /ignore

Anosa
12.23.2012 , 07:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by rawfox View Post
Yeah man i play only Guardians, get stunned 3 times in a row and Resolve isnt filled, so i'd say, something is broken, but maybe im a naab and miss knowledge /shrug
How's your experience with Resolve ?

I have mine on /ignore
I spam my stun breaks on my toons and it does the job but when its 4 stuns in a row it needs to be fixed. This comes down to that they just need to either remove stun from some classes ( literally every class seems to have a form of CC which is stupid.) or they need to implement some gear that has stun resist.
Meow

Washingtoon
12.23.2012 , 08:07 PM | #6
Better map design would have improved the current mechanics. Ranged needs to CC much more than they would have on a map with LOS possibilities but in the open it's the only alternative against the melee's roots/slows/gap closers. Voidstar is horrible in terms of losing LOS, CW is only good in mid and on Novare you're only safe as long as they catch you around one of the huts. Huttball is really the only warzone where a ranged class can create an advantage.

Forgot about AH, same story there. The only way of losing LOS is to stick to one of the openings and pop in and out, the rest is a wasteland. Had there been stuctures commandos and sages could use to lose LOS we would have had much less QQ'ing about melee.

Perhaps it's time to prioritize things that are fun to play and good map design over a back story that very few PvP'ers care about (don't think I've watched an entire intro video on any of the maps).