Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it......(light spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Healing's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it......(light spoilers)

XAtrophi
12.25.2012 , 01:27 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
I have a tank main and I have to say I see A LOT of DPS players who act like tanks. They run ahead of everyone and start attacking anything in range without waiting for the healer to catch up. Constantly breaking CC and getting killed. I see more bad dps players than healers. Healers won't last long as healers if they are not any good. DPS will keep trying to dps. I actually told a Sentinel to keep her bleeds/dots up on a boss we wiped 3 times on in the Battle of Ilum. She replied 'I don't have any bleeds/dots". After hearing that our tank quit and then the healer lol.

Healing is a dirty job just like tanking. When something goes wrong, people blame the tank or the healer. And it's not just a small mistake...it's a mistake that causes people to wipe. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mara and my Shadow specced in Balance for DPS but it gets annoying when you have a dps who doesn't know they are bad.
Im sorry but unless it was a watchmen sentinel they only have 1 DoT and unless you have a perfect rotation using it will lower your dps quite abit so telling an untrained combat spec(or rage i guess but who goes rage for HMs) is bad, also i assume you're referring to the last boss since you only fight 2 and 1 is really just a slightly harder trash mob, on the last boss you need to interupt his explosion or you'll end up wiping if you are hitting enrage you are doing something wrong

VigDiath
12.25.2012 , 01:45 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by XAtrophi View Post
Im sorry but unless it was a watchmen sentinel they only have 1 DoT and unless you have a perfect rotation using it will lower your dps quite abit so telling an untrained combat spec(or rage i guess but who goes rage for HMs) is bad, also i assume you're referring to the last boss since you only fight 2 and 1 is really just a slightly harder trash mob, on the last boss you need to interupt his explosion or you'll end up wiping if you are hitting enrage you are doing something wrong
I have a mara at level 50. Have played all 3 trees in FP's. I FIND a way to work in my Dots and still have high dps no matter which tree it is. My rotations have always been suggested rotations I've read online with a few changes by me. The Dots just help you achieve your goals faster. The boss we were on was Jindo Krey and it was FE. I've never wiped on this boss once since playing and we wiped 3 or times. Also should mention they wiped on it before I joined the group with my Shadow. They either kicked out the other dps or he quit before I joined.
Either way, my point is this...dps is one of the easier roles in this game which is why a dps can queue for 15-20 minutes in GF and whenever I use my tank I can get in right away. We have too many and way more who suck at it lol
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

david_watt
12.25.2012 , 03:51 PM | #23
On my lvl 50 healer I have had few fail pugs( all esselles) really doing hard mode. But , I will say the times I have gotten a hit as a dps instead of a healer have been interesting. Almost every one I have had to save the day with emergency heals because the tank hit 15% or lower health or a DPS was ignored in a critical fight where we are focusing on 2 different targets during a boss fight. As a side note 2/5 esselles runs have ended in failure on ironfist. One group I told them through 2 straight wipes to interrupt his head shot and they kept on wiping. I assume the esselles is a more likely to be chosen by some noob looking to dip into the HM pool.
Trelleg - Jedi Sage Jedi convenant server

XAtrophi
12.25.2012 , 04:05 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
I have a mara at level 50. Have played all 3 trees in FP's. I FIND a way to work in my Dots and still have high dps no matter which tree it is. My rotations have always been suggested rotations I've read online with a few changes by me. The Dots just help you achieve your goals faster. The boss we were on was Jindo Krey and it was FE. I've never wiped on this boss once since playing and we wiped 3 or times. Also should mention they wiped on it before I joined the group with my Shadow. They either kicked out the other dps or he quit before I joined.
Either way, my point is this...dps is one of the easier roles in this game which is why a dps can queue for 15-20 minutes in GF and whenever I use my tank I can get in right away. We have too many and way more who suck at it lol
Was it FE or was it illum you've said both now... If it was was jindo my guess would be noone was using the turret to disable the cannon.
Also you keep saying DoTs plural, non-annihilation marauders have 1 that is on a 15 sec CD and lasts 6 seconds. On a fight with lots of running it will be a dps boost to use on CD assuming you dont miss another key ability but fights like jindo, it would be better to spend that rage on massacre until you get your power to a decent level to make rupture have more use sub-800 power its pretty underwhelming .

WolfSp
12.25.2012 , 04:08 PM | #25
deleted

VigDiath
12.25.2012 , 04:21 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by XAtrophi View Post
Was it FE or was it illum you've said both now... If it was was jindo my guess would be noone was using the turret to disable the cannon.
Also you keep saying DoTs plural, non-annihilation marauders have 1 that is on a 15 sec CD and lasts 6 seconds. On a fight with lots of running it will be a dps boost to use on CD assuming you dont miss another key ability but fights like jindo, it would be better to spend that rage on massacre until you get your power to a decent level to make rupture have more use sub-800 power its pretty underwhelming .
You're still missing the point lol
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Rivenwind
12.25.2012 , 06:25 PM | #27
I tank the giant dog in the cave. It's not an unsound strategy because he knocks you all over the map.... Which makes healing worse. And he has the potential to knock you off the ledge and into a couple elite mobs. This will usually cause a wipe on an otherwise cake FP

wetslampigduex
12.26.2012 , 01:35 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Daxy View Post
healing sucks in lowbie fp's

most healers are limited to a couple lackluster heals for a long time in their leveling life
mix in derpy groups who assume said low-levelers have all their abilities at level 25 and you have the idiotic -"l2p" drivel from those in the group running willy nilly all over the place
Even at lvl (i just lvled a smuggler) your heals are more than enough, i dont think it was till the bonus boss of taral V i used anything but Slow release med pack and diagnostic scan. Bad dps can very easily be offset by a good tank anyways.

As for tanking the Big ***** beast thing in the cave... why there is a giant wall that works fine for a back stop if your getting KB