Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it......(light spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Healing's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it......(light spoilers)

Ergecrs
12.24.2012 , 02:06 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
The difference is the number of DPS. Say 50% of DPS are stupid and 50% of healers are stupid. Odds are you will have to deal with FAR more stupid DPS then stupid healers
True but its alot more annoying dealing with a stupid healer. Just my opinion but then again having a main as a healer I am very critical of other healers.

Beltane
12.24.2012 , 02:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ergecrs View Post
True but its alot more annoying dealing with a stupid healer. Just my opinion but then again having a main as a healer I am very critical of other healers.
lol, I was just coming here to say this!

I am a sorc healer main and the way I see a lot of sorc healers heal drives me CRAZY. I've met so many don't use their heal circle in fights where the entire group is taking heavy damage (such as the beginning of EV) because it "uses up lots of force"... then when I ask them why they don't use consumption after casting it to heal from the circle they defend it with "I'm conservative with heals, you only need to heal people enough so they don't die. I don't like wasting force."

sdfjskldjfsdklfjsdklfjsdf = my brain's response.
--=[ Wrath of Korriban
Ebon Hawk | Heavy Sith RP
IG: Beltane

Daxy
12.24.2012 , 02:37 PM | #13
healing sucks in lowbie fp's

most healers are limited to a couple lackluster heals for a long time in their leveling life
mix in derpy groups who assume said low-levelers have all their abilities at level 25 and you have the idiotic -"l2p" drivel from those in the group running willy nilly all over the place

RikuvonDrake
12.24.2012 , 03:24 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Daxy View Post
healing sucks in lowbie fp's

most healers are limited to a couple lackluster heals for a long time in their leveling life
mix in derpy groups who assume said low-levelers have all their abilities at level 25 and you have the idiotic -"l2p" drivel from those in the group running willy nilly all over the place
Both yes and no on the PvP thingy, I reach 100k before lvl 20, 200k before lvl 30 and almost every pvp game from lvl 30 i get over 300k healing. So it really is depending on how you play I think, and this is as an operative as well as a sorc, only played these two classes as healers, never tried merc but I guess the difference isn't that big when it comes to when they get healing abilities.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

moonshoter
12.24.2012 , 04:00 PM | #15
AGREE Fully what's worse is the healer that wants to play tank because he or she is carrying the rest of the group , then it gets to be fun hitting enrage timers etc due to the lack of dps > ( .. I know I'm a healer and dam GOOD one I feel you on this ...

LMAO good post made my day ... oyea forgot in a raid how they blame us if we wipe countless times due to the hitting the enrages timer's that's our fault to ... I did TFB SM to day , worse pug I ever did , we wiped two times at the second Boss because ether the Noobs who never did would not say anything or the DPS was that bad , SMTFB no less and the two healers and two tanks were the last to die both tries , I had to go so I couldn't get in a third try ...

moonshoter
12.24.2012 , 04:10 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
lol, I was just coming here to say this!

I am a sorc healer main and the way I see a lot of sorc healers heal drives me CRAZY. I've met so many don't use their heal circle in fights where the entire group is taking heavy damage (such as the beginning of EV) because it "uses up lots of force"... then when I ask them why they don't use consumption after casting it to heal from the circle they defend it with "I'm conservative with heals, you only need to heal people enough so they don't die. I don't like wasting force."

sdfjskldjfsdklfjsdklfjsdf = my brain's response.

MY main is Sorc to and YEA that happen a few times on my Tank in HM SM EV etc ,,, or the sorc doesn't heal at all and asked what that is , you just say hm and leave at that point ..

Good one

LAMO and so true ... I love that aoe so much I try to have it down as much as poss .. all ways on CD unless I need it for some fights were a lot will happen DMG wise and its needed more at that point in the fight ..,

uniz
12.25.2012 , 10:37 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ergecrs View Post
I have seen just as many Stupid Healers as I have stupid DPS !
problem is the stupid healers respec into dps. the same with tanks. what you have left is a ever increasing population of stupid players that now play dps. it is the way of mmos. those that cant tank or heal play dps.

Ergecrs
12.25.2012 , 11:43 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by moonshoter View Post
AGREE Fully what's worse is the healer that wants to play tank because he or she is carrying the rest of the group , then it gets to be fun hitting enrage timers etc due to the lack of dps > ( .. I know I'm a healer and dam GOOD one I feel you on this ...

LMAO good post made my day ... oyea forgot in a raid how they blame us if we wipe countless times due to the hitting the enrages timer's that's our fault to ... I did TFB SM to day , worse pug I ever did , we wiped two times at the second Boss because ether the Noobs who never did would not say anything or the DPS was that bad , SMTFB no less and the two healers and two tanks were the last to die both tries , I had to go so I couldn't get in a third try ...
TFB is one of my favorite ops. Solo healed SM up till TFB just cause of the distance between groups during the tentacle phase at the beging

VigDiath
12.25.2012 , 12:08 PM | #19
I have a tank main and I have to say I see A LOT of DPS players who act like tanks. They run ahead of everyone and start attacking anything in range without waiting for the healer to catch up. Constantly breaking CC and getting killed. I see more bad dps players than healers. Healers won't last long as healers if they are not any good. DPS will keep trying to dps. I actually told a Sentinel to keep her bleeds/dots up on a boss we wiped 3 times on in the Battle of Ilum. She replied 'I don't have any bleeds/dots". After hearing that our tank quit and then the healer lol.

Healing is a dirty job just like tanking. When something goes wrong, people blame the tank or the healer. And it's not just a small mistake...it's a mistake that causes people to wipe. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mara and my Shadow specced in Balance for DPS but it gets annoying when you have a dps who doesn't know they are bad.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

ebado
12.25.2012 , 12:34 PM | #20
Specfically Re: Athiss
I will never fully understand skipping large amounts of mobs in low level flashpoints. People for the most part are there for XP. Maybe some are there for loot or comms but XP is by far the biggest reward for these, especially with rested, legacy perk and a cartel boost. But people have been trained to play a certain way, it seems.

I don't play any DPS classes in PvE. I mostly play on my Op healer, Sorc healer and Shadow tank (though I recently leveled my Merc to 50 and I enjoy the healing style). Bad DPS is just going to happen. Standing in things will always happen. Ignoring kill order or obvious kill order. Breaking CC. I'm used to all this. It stinks when it ruins a group but whatever.

I do find myself being more critical of the classes I play though. LIke Shadows who never use pull. Or 30m TKT. Or knockback enemies out of AoE. Or get caught in stealth detection. Or Ops that never use RN. Or don't keep TA up. Or don't heal with probes. Most bad Sorcs only use DH/DI instead of their other incredibly awesome heals.