Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it......(light spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Healing's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it......(light spoilers)

thomasbaxter
12.23.2012 , 11:31 AM | #1
Just a quick moan thread lol. I'm loving my sorceror and most flashpoints have been great with a group that works well etc. Then there was ATHISS today. For the whole flashpoint I got nothing but abuse for not healing when it was because the dps were useless (tank wasn't the worst tbh but DPS is the easiest role to play so managing to turn a 15 min flashpoint into an hour long one can only be attributed to a lousy strategy).

They attacked everything in their path, sliced the elevator at the start and decided to stealth their way through the bit outside (obv meaning if u die, ur soloing it back through mountains of enemies). The next great idea was to lure the first boss into the cave meaning I couldn't heal and all the adds and boss were all over me. Trying to juggle healing yourself as well as the DPS who can't see s*it because the big galoot is taking up the viewing area is a task. Do they not get that ur heals are limited and u have to be able to SEE the player ur healing or it won't work.

Got to the end where the idiots burnt themselves up with the flames and obviously that makes the job even harder so i die because i've shielded one of them. Flashpoint ends and I get a 'learn to play' comment. Why does it wind me up so much? feck knows but it did lol

Rant over

Athena-Nike
12.23.2012 , 06:49 PM | #2
Ya I'm rolling a healer Op and is just sucks sometimes. DPS's aggroing everything in sight, tanks leaping into battle after battle without letting you (or anyone else) heal up or regen energy, people breaking CC's.... Probably one of the reasons there are so few healers (and tanks) then dps...

Iggster
12.23.2012 , 07:05 PM | #3
Haha, I feel your pain!

I only play healer classes in MMO's, I love playing support roles in general.

I did just finish a Hammer Station that last 45+ minutes because the first half the Shadow tank wasn't running the tank stance and a Sentinel kept pulling everything in sight. It does become very frustrating, but like you said.

Someone's got to do it!

Taiketo
12.23.2012 , 11:49 PM | #4
If you die you shouldn't have to walk back unless it's a wipe, in which case the stealthers would be with you to sap things again.

The flames from the final boss only damage the person they're targetting... So if you died from them, it was your own fault. Although if they were targetting someone else they need to move, but they might not have known that.

No idea why they would tank the giant dog in the cave, and the DPS should be burning the adds immediately since tanks at that level don't have an AOE taunt.

Not trying to defend bad playing here, but some of your complaints are excusable...

DrewFromPhilly
12.24.2012 , 12:26 AM | #5
Also, I think you can cleanse the fire off of them iirc

CJAShadow
12.24.2012 , 02:53 AM | #6
Try to teach players how to be better.

Then chew them out for being terrible and being the reason for failure.

Then have everyone you know /ignore that person.

*As a healer, I would suggest getting into a guild and running with the people in there, getting to know the people that you are healing and hopefully they will listen/be already good. Knowing the player helps out a great deal.*

I had a healer friend once that after giving some advice to a terrible dps player about how he shouldnt shoot CCed/marked mobs jumped into a bottomless hole and pulled her into it. After that happened the dps was kicked from the HM group and promptly we told everyone in the guild to /ignore that person.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lock- Master Zhar Lestin
Cyann- Harbinger

uniz
12.24.2012 , 08:45 AM | #7
dont worry. it is the same at level 50 in the hms.

dps dont learn much by then. like some even have the capacity to do so.

stupid is a terrible diseases that thrives in the dps population.

Ergecrs
12.24.2012 , 09:50 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
dont worry. it is the same at level 50 in the hms.

dps dont learn much by then. like some even have the capacity to do so.

stupid is a terrible diseases that thrives in the dps population.
I have seen just as many Stupid Healers as I have stupid DPS !

Athena-Nike
12.24.2012 , 11:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ergecrs View Post
I have seen just as many Stupid Healers as I have stupid DPS !
The difference is the number of DPS. Say 50% of DPS are stupid and 50% of healers are stupid. Odds are you will have to deal with FAR more stupid DPS then stupid healers

ckoneful
12.24.2012 , 02:04 PM | #10
Healing on my OP and as soon as my healer friend hits 50 I'm dpsing.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
60 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 48 Sorceror
53 Guardian 50 Gunslinger 53 Vanguard 55 Shadow
100% of Class Stories completed