Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Missile blast

JackNader
12.23.2012 , 10:58 AM | #1
Can we please have the cost of Missile blast lowered to 16 and have its damage boosted somewhat. As it stands it barely does more damage than rapid shots and it costs 25 heat ffs.

byteresistor
12.23.2012 , 11:32 AM | #2
It's instant cast and doesn't have a cooldown, working as intended.

JackNader
12.23.2012 , 12:02 PM | #3
so is rapid shots.

NoTomorrow
12.23.2012 , 12:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post
so is rapid shots.
Its a yellow a30m range attack good for PT against enemies with any sort of defense cds against white damage. Evasion, and deflection apply here.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Zunayson
12.23.2012 , 12:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post
so is rapid shots.
missile blast is an aoe

you have to admit its the only spammable instant ranged aoe for bounty hunters. I use it for the sole purpose of interrupting multiple caps
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

JackNader
12.23.2012 , 12:22 PM | #6
Aoe rotfl... missile blast does next to ZERO aoe damage. It costs 25 heat.. It barely does more damage than rapid shots which is also 30m and has no heat at all. Can't believe i'm having to argue this lol. NOBODY uses missile blast.

beattlebilly
12.23.2012 , 01:04 PM | #7
It's Kinetic damage, Rapid Shots is weapon damage. It's AoE(doesn't matter if it's negligible, in PvP when trying to stop multiple caps it's enough). It knocks down standard and weak enemies(which is probably the reason for the high heat cost).
The BastionThe Dynamite LegacySix Sith Bag

Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?

Hambunctious
12.23.2012 , 01:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by beattlebilly View Post
It's Kinetic damage, Rapid Shots is weapon damage. It's AoE(doesn't matter if it's negligible, in PvP when trying to stop multiple caps it's enough). It knocks down standard and weak enemies(which is probably the reason for the high heat cost).
As if standard, or weak, npcs are any threat at any level of the game. It's a waste to use in pve, and has only one use in pvp.

If it at least applied a stacking aoe dot, that would be something.

I agree with the OP.

af_raptura
12.23.2012 , 01:44 PM | #9
I wish it at least provided a snare in pvp. Also, it would help out mercs if it did.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.

HoboWithAStick
12.23.2012 , 04:48 PM | #10
Didn't know people actually use missile blast. I must be doing it wrong.