Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looking to start my first alt, looking for opinions on most enjoyable experience

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Looking to start my first alt, looking for opinions on most enjoyable experience

DemonicPenguin
12.23.2012 , 09:15 AM | #1
I've just about reached level 50 on my first character, a Jedi Knight, and I'm going to start my first alt soon to get the HK quest going. I've already made my characters. I have an Imperial Agent (Sniper) based on Michael Westen from Burn Notice, and a Sith Inquisitor (Assassin) based on Ras a Guhl from Batman.

Which combination of class/story sounds the most fun and enjoyable to play through? Conversation decisions will be made on how the character they are based on would most likely answer, something I think will be fun.

ArawnNox
12.23.2012 , 02:55 PM | #2
I based part of my Agent's personality on Michael Weston, too and I adored the IA story. Approaching it from that kind of angle does work great. I didn't really get the "Bond" vibes that is supposedly in the story (well, maybe Daniel Craig's Bond), though maybe if my agent was male and flirted it up with all the females....
I haven't done any of the others and I'm just getting into the Consular, but forum consensus seems to be that the IA is the best of the stories.
The Dark Star Legacy
Xu'lan - Imperial Sniper (50)
Xin'lan - Jedi Shadow (15)

z-monty
12.23.2012 , 03:27 PM | #3
The Agent story is by far the best in the game, and you'll be very hard pressed to find someone who doesn't completely love their Op or Sniper. If you are going for story purposes, then this is the obvious choice.

The Inquisitor story is a bit slower compared to the Agent and/or Knight stories, but I've enjoyed it so far. It's mostly a story about aquiring power and learning to control it, which seems to move much slower compared to the kind of super secret spy you play as an Agent.

After that, it's just deciding what kind of playstyle you like best. You'll find your Assassin plays somewhat similar to your Knight, at least how you are a close-range melee class. Snipers are mostly stationary but can put out some great damage as well. Hope this helps!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
No, I'm not a big fan of the Queen or Royal Family, but yes, I do love tea.
Well played CS... well played

grallmate
12.23.2012 , 03:33 PM | #4
IA is definitely the most enjoyable story I played. I ran it as a LS sniper and it was really cool. It was also the first story I played that tied Chapter 1 and 2 together really well (Smug and BH have done a decent job since). I played mine a little more like Jack Bauer than Michael but it was still really fun. That said, gameplay felt pretty clunky from 16 until I hit 30 and got Followthrough (leveled as Marksman) and got much better at 36 with Series of Shots.

Now, despite IA having the best story, the most enjoyable experience for me was Scoundrel. The story is awesome (on par with Jedi Knight IMO, slightly behind IA) but the one liners and conversations just blow IA away. IA is very serious whereas Smuggler is all about himself. I played mine as a neutral Smuggler, doing whatever was best but not always right. The gameplay of Scoundrel was also much more enjoyable than Sniper. I leveled as Sawbones and it felt really good aside from 28-30 on Aldreraan. At 30 you get Emergency Med Pack and everything changes and it isn't until Alderaan that your other abilities start to feel a little lacking.

On an aside, Scoundrel is also the only toon that I jump on and LOVE killing things with. Nothing is more satisfying than flipping out that shotgun, putting it to the back of someone's head and blowing their brains all over the ground. Every time I do that it puts a smile on my face, no other toon has that level of enjoyment for me. Plus you stun things by kicking them in the crotch and the sound is so fitting. Stealth is amazing and it feels like the only character that rewards you (or rather, doesn't hate you) for running around like a headless chicken, and it just feels so natural on a Scoundrel.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

DemonicPenguin
12.24.2012 , 10:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
IA is definitely the most enjoyable story I played. I ran it as a LS sniper and it was really cool. It was also the first story I played that tied Chapter 1 and 2 together really well (Smug and BH have done a decent job since). I played mine a little more like Jack Bauer than Michael but it was still really fun. That said, gameplay felt pretty clunky from 16 until I hit 30 and got Followthrough (leveled as Marksman) and got much better at 36 with Series of Shots..
Thanks for all the input everyone, I'm thinking I'm going to go with the Agent.

I've actually got a trooper that's based on Jack Bauer from season 8. Angry, pissed off Jack from season 8 was my favorite. Picturing him in full body armor in the tunnel with the mask, that was my lasting image of that season.