Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

watchmen still kickin it

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
watchmen still kickin it

MindgameZ
12.23.2012 , 01:53 AM | #1
well today on my sentinel I felt bad about being a smash monkey so I went back to watchmen because combat sux plain and simple. well I know the healing was badly nerfed but watchmen is still awesome. I went to ilum and found 2 smash heads and a sorc and like a retard attacked with my healer companion. I won the fight 3v1. After that i joined some warzones and scored top of the charts on healing dps and objectives. Am i the only one who thinks watchmen is still viable? Reeled in a total of 21 impS on the open world today thanks to watchmen.
DPS-We Deliver
-WeAreRandom 50 Focus Sent--WeAreKnights 37 Shadow 23/1/17- -WeArePaladens 11 Jedi Guardian Focus- WeAreAssasinators 20 Concealment Op-

foxmob
12.23.2012 , 02:13 AM | #2
in what world does combat suck? it's tremendous. sents have 3 great trees. I'm told gs do as well. in rated, your cauterize will be cleansed regularly (you can count on an op healer). that's the only real argument against watchman as far as I'm concerned. I think it's also supposed to be a problem with dirty fighting? iunno. but watchman, unlike a pyro PT for example, can't reapply his dot at will, and that is a problem when you have to deal with a coordinated team. you also lack the utility of combat and (unless you're god mode) dps numbers of the smash monkies.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjšck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Dežnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Ravashakk
12.23.2012 , 02:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MindgameZ View Post
...because combat sux plain and simple.
All I had to hear.
Medicine/Lethality PVP Patch 2.3
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

Jenzali
12.23.2012 , 02:25 AM | #4
Cleanse > Watchman
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Raansu
12.23.2012 , 02:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MindgameZ View Post
well today on my sentinel I felt bad about being a smash monkey so I went back to watchmen because combat sux plain and simple. well I know the healing was badly nerfed but watchmen is still awesome. I went to ilum and found 2 smash heads and a sorc and like a retard attacked with my healer companion. I won the fight 3v1. After that i joined some warzones and scored top of the charts on healing dps and objectives. Am i the only one who thinks watchmen is still viable? Reeled in a total of 21 impS on the open world today thanks to watchmen.
Watchmen is viable if you're by yourself since you get better survivability with the self heals (basically its good for solo queuing)...that's really about it. Group fights it doesn't have the burst that focus and combat has and to say combat sucks is pure ignorance. Single target burst is insane on combat spec. I love watchmen, its my favorite spec and I still do quite well with it, but its definitely not up to par with combat.

TonyDragonflame
12.23.2012 , 05:09 AM | #6
I love watchman Juyo lightsaber form playstyle and play in it, though when I sometimes play focus in Shii-Cho, I can make damage in 1.5-2x more. But i dont love that dumb derpsmash playstyle and focus spec boring for me...
Referral link!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 94 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 91 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Pahomi
12.23.2012 , 05:11 AM | #7
Who are these Watchmen you speak of?

PoliteAssasin
12.23.2012 , 05:22 AM | #8
I'm still watchman even after the nerf, and I have no problem beating the other two specs in dps or fights. Our dps wasn't touched, just survivability. But with certain gear setups you can make it just like the old days.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
Cleanse > Watchman
Well I hope you like spamming cleanse because that's all you'll be doing. With a 5 second cooldown, good luck.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

Pahomi
12.23.2012 , 05:27 AM | #9
In 1v1 fights, yes, watchman sentinel should win. However far inferior utility compared to Combat and far less damage compared to Focus. If you out-damage Focus sentinels it's simply because they are bad. It depends on the game, but usually, the damage output of Focus is 50% - 100% higher than Watchman

darthmorbous
12.23.2012 , 05:36 AM | #10

i was Annihilation, a stubborn annihilation marauder.
Respeced to Carnage, played it alot before NOT RESPECING TO ANNIHILATION!
Equaly geared i 3 shoot a watchman or annihilation if im fast enough to get that scream b4 they aply their defensive.
Massacre-gore-ravage 2 hits, interrupt, then scream= dead. IF they popped their defensive saber throw (immobilize)
w8- force choke= dead; IF they healed with stym, after force choke gore and scream.

All 1v1 ofc. in team play both get heals, but their dots get cleansed.

i LOVE to the gameplay of annihilation, played it 11 months; is fun as hell and against healers, although they cleanse, the 20% heal debuff+annihilate was so much fun, and interrupt em all the time with the charge...but ; i ve found a well played carnage will out class an annihilation . predation of carnage is priceless in rated pvp.
Ive also found that now i can kill snipers b4 they kill me.
Trevise Jedi Shadow
Karkus Tritonos, Sith Marauder
Hanunaki ; assassin