Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Juggernauts are too OP and need to be nerfed right NOW!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Juggernauts are too OP and need to be nerfed right NOW!!

SithEBM
12.22.2012 , 03:22 PM | #1
Juggernauts have no counters in this game, I will list their abilities and why they should be nerfed/removed from this game.

1). Force Charge - Nerf the damage done by 65% and change it so it can't interrupt people. This gives Juggernauts too much control.

2). Ravage - Allow people to interrupt this move. There is simply no way around it. No way at all, nope. Nerf the damage by 75%

3). Vicious Slash - I swear that a Juggernaut got a 5k crit on me during a match. Nerf the damage of this move by 35% and reduce the crit chance by 10%.

4). Smash - This move hurts enemies and instantly kills people so they can't heal themselves or have a chance to fight back. Reduce the damage of this move by 100% and keep the shockwave buff so it balances out. Increase the CD to 45 seconds as well.

5). Saber throw - Increase the CD to 50 seconds, and reduce the damage done by 30%. Juggernauts are able to do immense damage before a fight even starts with this move.

6). Assault/Sundering Assault - These 2 moves shouldn't be able to build so much rage for the Juggernaut and reduce the opponents armor. No other class in the game can rip through someone's armor. Not assassins, or PTs, or Operatives. Nerf the rage gained by 2, and the damage done by 25%

7). Enraged Defense - Are you serious Bioware? Allowing a Juggernaut to regain all of his health during a fight is ridiculous. Increase the rage cost of this move by 2 and reduce the healing done by 25%.

8). Force Choke - I swear, this move has the range of a sniper. Once the choke is applied, the fight is instantly over. Reduce the damage done by 65%, and increase the CD to 1min30sec.

9). Intercede - Why give Juggernauts an option to run away like a coward? Isn't PvP about facing your enemies and not running away? Remove this ability from the game.

10). Sweeping Slash - Last but not least, another Overpowered move. I saw a Juggernaut kill 5 people instantly with this move. Remove it from this game and replace it with "The Gift of giving" - Increases the health of your enemies by 100% for 2minutes. This way, people are encouraged to roll marauders, which are obviously weaker than Juggernauts.

Here is the bottom line. There is no way to counter a Juggernaut. It is impossible to stop smash, or even spec to reduce the AOE damage that is done.

You also can't anticipate when a smash is coming. They should add an alert sign when shockwave is being applied because it is impossible to notice it.

P.S. - Sorcerors don't stand a chance against Juggernauts, they need an additional stun and a reduced CD on force speed. I find it ridiculous that they gimped Sorcerors this badly against a class that can use smash on them.

I trust you Bioware, I have seen your changes in the past and recognize your desire to please us casuals. We all have faith in you and I implore you to consider these changes.

rawfox
12.22.2012 , 03:26 PM | #2
haha

no, i dont say it

NoTomorrow
12.22.2012 , 03:28 PM | #3
Either a troll thread or a crappy attempt to make a funny thread. Move on people, there s nothing to read here.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

SithEBM
12.22.2012 , 03:30 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Either a troll thread or a crappy attempt to make a funny thread. Move on people, there s nothing to read here.
Let me guess, you play a Juggernaut? Move on people, ignore this troll. He is attempting to cover up the truth about Juggernauts.

LawndartOO
12.22.2012 , 03:32 PM | #5
There are so many variables in your "list" that it would be impossible to predict the outcome. Are Guardians similarly over powered?
...choke on it.

Ramtar
12.22.2012 , 03:32 PM | #6
let me get a tissue for the tears; cheese and crackers for the whine. Better go check the abilities of a Sniper or Assassin to see what they bring to the table compared to Juggernauts.

Only class that needs to be nerf: Operatives.

LawndartOO
12.22.2012 , 03:37 PM | #7
I suppose I should have stated this in my earlier post, but alluding to "it" may not pass muster with this crowd.

If Guardians and Juggernauts are the same then that's as balanced as it needs to be. Do I agree with mirroring classes; not really, but I came to grips with that a while ago.
...choke on it.

Belly
12.22.2012 , 03:43 PM | #8
I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on pretty much everything the OP said.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

TheBabyEater
12.22.2012 , 03:45 PM | #9
Not sure if serious...

SithEBM
12.22.2012 , 03:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Belly View Post
I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on pretty much everything the OP said.
Let me guess, you play a Juggernaut/Guardian?