Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Who is the Emperor?


Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
01.23.2013 , 05:13 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
You do know the Emperor's plans right? Not exactly a good thing no matter which side your on.
"You discern a fraction of reality. Beyond these stars exist other galaxies, other worlds, other beings. I will experience or ignore them as I wish. I will spend eternity becoming everything: a farmer, an artist, a simple man. When the last living thing in the universe finally dies, I will enjoy peace and wait for the cycle to begin again"

I know his plans only partially, his desire to destroy broken galaxy, to feed on it - maybe, in his gesture he will take with him his loyal Wrath, maybe not. There is much to learn about Lord Emperor.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

BradTheImpaler's Avatar


BradTheImpaler
01.23.2013 , 05:38 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
I know his plans only partially, his desire to destroy broken galaxy, to feed on it - maybe, in his gesture he will take with him his loyal Wrath, maybe not. There is much to learn about Lord Emperor.
Someone hasn't been paying attention.

His "plans" involve emptying the galaxy of all life to feed his continued existence. He cares nothing for anyone but himself beyond their use as tools of his will. If Vitiate were not destroyed, even the Empire would not survive.
Fixing a broken galaxy is a noble goal, but it is not by any means the Emperor's goal.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
01.23.2013 , 05:52 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
Someone hasn't been paying attention.

His "plans" involve emptying the galaxy of all life to feed his continued existence. He cares nothing for anyone but himself beyond their use as tools of his will. If Vitiate were not destroyed, even the Empire would not survive.
Fixing a broken galaxy is a noble goal, but it is not by any means the Emperor's goal.
There are other galaxies and his goal is at least supreme, considering scale of ritual. In fact quote does not exactly state that, of course that currently living beings are instruments to achiev ultimate power but what lies beyond is unknown. if the space occupied by galaxy is ill because of the galaxy that is beyond repair, the rational solution is to destroy it, of course it will be by product of Lord Emperor's plan. His ambition to live the lives he want is noble enough to help him achiev it. But as I said, theres still a lot to learn about Emperor - at this point we know little, mostly accusations from Scourge who may be simply not competent to understand reasoning of a higher being.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

GragorArtis's Avatar


GragorArtis
01.23.2013 , 07:07 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
There are other galaxies and his goal is at least supreme, considering scale of ritual. In fact quote does not exactly state that, of course that currently living beings are instruments to achiev ultimate power but what lies beyond is unknown. if the space occupied by galaxy is ill because of the galaxy that is beyond repair, the rational solution is to destroy it, of course it will be by product of Lord Emperor's plan. His ambition to live the lives he want is noble enough to help him achiev it. But as I said, theres still a lot to learn about Emperor - at this point we know little, mostly accusations from Scourge who may be simply not competent to understand reasoning of a higher being.
Actually he pretty much wants to kill everything in the galaxy (including the force) to become immortal and then wait for the cycle of life to start again. He doesn't require living beings to complete the ritual, however he requires the force from the midichlorians that live in all life and his ritual takes every part of the force within range. He however doesn't realize that in order for life to start, the force needs to be in the galaxy. And also, why do you call him Lord Emperor? I'm not judging you or anything but i'm just curious.

GragorArtis's Avatar


GragorArtis
01.23.2013 , 07:12 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
Insulting? Palpatine and every Sith has wanted immortality forever. Someone was finally sucessful, and boom.
Actually Vitiate wasn't completely successful. He never achieved "true" immortality. He came very close though with the ritual. If he had achieved true immortality, then he would exist in Luke's time. Plagieus (Not sure I spelled that right) knew that the person closest to achieving immortality was Vitiate but that doesn't necessarily mean he actually got full immortality. If anything, he just stalled death by inhabiting other bodies.

GragorArtis's Avatar


GragorArtis
01.23.2013 , 07:18 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
Lord Emperor is the beacon of hope for galaxy and its rebith in the embrace of perfection.

also, know that Voice of the Emperor only posses the power of the stolen body, Lord Emperor's original potential is beyond measure, he is the master of the force.
So a beacon of hope is the destruction of the entire galaxy? I'd hate to see what the harbinger of destruction for the galaxy is.

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
01.23.2013 , 07:37 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by GragorArtis View Post
Actually he pretty much wants to kill everything in the galaxy (including the force) to become immortal and then wait for the cycle of life to start again. He doesn't require living beings to complete the ritual, however he requires the force from the midichlorians that live in all life and his ritual takes every part of the force within range. He however doesn't realize that in order for life to start, the force needs to be in the galaxy. And also, why do you call him Lord Emperor? I'm not judging you or anything but i'm just curious.
Killing is such a crude word - he will simply help them transit into state of oblivion in a rather fancy way - and what is important, only one galaxy of many other that will still exist. Isnt his idea beautiful, to experience dawn of the new universe, to be the first who will plant crops. I'm fairly sure that he realizes that and most probably he will be able to initialiate a new universe by himself., after all, he is the master of the Force. Why do I call Lord Emperor - Lord Emperor? Because of his power and knowledge, partially, but most importantly because of his mercy and goodnes, thanks to his marvelous plan there wont be a need for noble citizens of the Empire to suffer at hands of those corrupted, filthy, scum beings of the republic. Lord Emperor shall bestow upon them gift of infinite silence. Ah and of course because he chose my character as his executioner - who knows maybe my warrior and Lord Emperor, both shall experience a new world - or if my Warrior is stronger in the force than Lord Emperor then he will, as tradition dictates tear him apart in a majestic Sith way - prefferably after apocalypse.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

GragorArtis's Avatar


GragorArtis
01.23.2013 , 07:41 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
Killing is such a crude word - he will simply help them transit into state of oblivion in a rather fancy way - and what is important, only one galaxy of many other that will still exist. Isnt his idea beautiful, to experience dawn of the new universe, to be the first who will plant crops. I'm fairly sure that he realizes that and most probably he will be able to initialiate a new universe by himself., after all, he is the master of the Force. Why do I call Lord Emperor - Lord Emperor? Because of his power and knowledge, partially, but most importantly because of his mercy and goodnes, thanks to his marvelous plan there wont be a need for noble citizens of the Empire to suffer at hands of those corrupted, filthy, scum beings of the republic. Lord Emperor shall bestow upon them gift of infinite silence. Ah and of course because he chose my character as his executioner - who knows maybe my warrior and Lord Emperor, both shall experience a new world - or if my Warrior is stronger in the force than Lord Emperor then he will, as tradition dictates tear him apart in a majestic Sith way - prefferably after apocalypse.
Are you roleplaying? Also, you're ok with dying just to serve a mad man? Also, you really think hes gonna spare you? He doesn't care about anyone but himself. His ritual will consume everything and i mean EVERYTHING that involves the force. And Vitiate can't die that easily. His Wrath would be destroyed before him if he betrayed.

Emperor-Norton's Avatar


Emperor-Norton
01.23.2013 , 07:44 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by GragorArtis View Post
Are you roleplaying? Also, you're ok with dying just to serve a mad man? Also, you really think hes gonna spare you? He doesn't care about anyone but himself. His ritual will consume everything and i mean EVERYTHING that involves the force. And Vitiate can't die that easily. His Wrath would be destroyed before him if he betrayed.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
You do know the Emperor's plans right? Not exactly a good thing no matter which side your on.
You do know he is a troll right? He isn't rational, nor does he say anything beyond the most laughably unconvincing propaganda. So stop feeding him.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
01.23.2013 , 07:47 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Emperor-Norton View Post
You do know he is a troll right? He isn't rational, nor does he say anything beyond the most laughably, unconvincing propaganda.
Yeah, I knew. I'm naive that he's just a very dark person.

Or maybe I just want to see what he says in reply.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."