Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who is the Emperor?

psychogobstopper
12.20.2011 , 01:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Petrus View Post
Hack. Writer.
Your subjective opinion regarding the quality of his writing aside, your assertion that Karpyshyn knew nothing about KOTOR before writing the Revan novel is demonstrably false and, in fact, couldn't possibly be farther removed from reality.

MASTERQL
02.09.2012 , 06:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Nycoto View Post
This game is set almost 4000 years before the SW movies.

The Emperor in this game is a shadowy racial Sith character in control of the Sith Empire which is different from the Galactic Empire ruled by Emperor Palpatine aka Darth Sidious.

At this point in galactic history, the Republic is not the only government state in the SW universe. The Empire is the Sith empire wich competes with the republic on the galactic political scene. Very much like the USA and the USSR of the Cold War.

It also seems to me that the Sith are the race of people that practice a anti-Jedi religion which will later evolve into the 2 man Sith teams of the SW movies.

They say the emperor is undying, obviously a person that is sustained by the dark side resulting in an unnaturally long life.

The Galactic Empire of Emperor Palpatine is the resurrected version and goal of the original Sith Empire, hence the same type of uniforms and the same general shape of the ships.
couldn't also be darth sidious because wasn't he darth plagueis the wises apprentace and didn't know how to stay alive forever until darth sidious killed him in his sleep and didm't darth sidious learn how to stay alive forever like his master
Peace is a lie,there is only passion. Through passion,i gain strength.Through strength,i gain power. Through power,i gain victory. Through victory,my chains are broken.The force shall free me.- THE SITH CODE

Etherlad
02.09.2012 , 06:47 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by nycoto View Post
the galactic empire ruled by emperor palpatine aka darth sidious.
holy fukken **** palpatine is darth sidious somebody warn anakin

Mechavomit
02.09.2012 , 07:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by drollzito View Post
Dood... The emperor is not a pureblooded Sith... There is just NO WAY he is...

The Pureblooded Siths were enslaved by a few Dark Jedis running away from the order... Those dark jedis called them selfs Lords of the Siths... becouse the siths were their Slaves...
After centurys they started to breed among themselfs, and the Half Breed Siths x Humans assumed the power Naga Sadow, Ludo Kresh, Marka Ragnos, so on...
They weren't enslaved. More like opressed, but the Sith started willingly worshiping the Dark Jedi soon enough, seeing them as gods.

That being said, the Emperor's biological father was Sith, but his mother was (most likely) human. So he is like.. 1/4 Sith considering that in those times the "purebloods" weren't all that "pure" already.

Restepor
02.09.2012 , 08:42 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by WaveRun View Post
Darth Sidious obviously.
You know more then once I thought that.

As far as I know, his name was lost a long time ago and is simply the emperor.

seekerofpower
02.10.2012 , 03:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MASTERQL View Post
couldn't also be darth sidious because wasn't he darth plagueis the wises apprentace and didn't know how to stay alive forever until darth sidious killed him in his sleep and didm't darth sidious learn how to stay alive forever like his master
No. Sidious did not know how to live forever. He states this in the movies.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

seekerofpower
02.10.2012 , 03:05 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Mechavomit View Post
They weren't enslaved. More like opressed, but the Sith started willingly worshiping the Dark Jedi soon enough, seeing them as gods.

That being said, the Emperor's biological father was Sith, but his mother was (most likely) human. So he is like.. 1/4 Sith considering that in those times the "purebloods" weren't all that "pure" already.
The book says he is Pureblood, but after performing the ritual that made him immortal (absorbing all energy on a planet, to include life energy and the Force itself) he became something more than Sith. A new being. That is why he doesn't look like a Sith.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

seekerofpower
02.10.2012 , 03:06 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Restepor View Post
You know more then once I thought that.

As far as I know, his name was lost a long time ago and is simply the emperor.
His Darth name is Vitiate. Read the Revan novel. It is good and explains quite a bit about the Emperor.

Super-Nova
02.10.2012 , 03:13 PM | #29
dead duh
Nova 50 smuggles - Iron Citadel

alexkman
02.10.2012 , 03:14 PM | #30
wait, the stories are different if you're on an RP server?