Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bonethrasher 24k SM swipe

Narazumono
12.22.2012 , 02:01 AM | #1
Not enraged, just minding my own business and I eat a 24100 damage swipe on story mode. How is this possible?
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/983...2012100992.png
Can't put a gif or image here. I'm a sad panda.

Karasuko
12.22.2012 , 02:12 AM | #2
he crit you.

CondemnedMarine
12.22.2012 , 02:14 AM | #3
He got his soft enrage from eating the add that Karagga drops in the pit.

Narazumono
12.22.2012 , 02:28 AM | #4
I'm pretty certain he was not glowing red, even then I didnt think it increased his damage 4 fold. (its normally 6k)

shackboredguy
12.22.2012 , 02:43 AM | #5
I'd imagine he ground pounded you before the swipe, it gives a debuff that ups the dmg by a ton. Should avoid him for a few seconds after he drives you into the ground.

Leafy_Bug
12.22.2012 , 04:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by shackboredguy View Post
I'd imagine he ground pounded you before the swipe, it gives a debuff that ups the dmg by a ton. Should avoid him for a few seconds after he drives you into the ground.
This is a very valid point. People often forget that they need not be close to him / at the beginning of the swipe because of that.

Narazumono
12.22.2012 , 04:20 AM | #7
I shall keep these words in mind next time I do this. Just thought I'd ask because I'd never been hit for so much on story mode before. It kinda blew my mind when I seen I was hit for 24k.

SkuzBukit
12.22.2012 , 05:19 AM | #8
After Bonethrasher has pounded a player into the ground that player will have a short-term debuff placed on them, looks like a brown / red icon of a bald man screaming. Stay the hell away until it has run out, because a high percentage of the time another player will be a "Headless-Chicken" & causing Bonethrasher to swing around wildly cleaving most of the melee, & if it hits you BOOM.

ALSO there can frequently be a nasty bug that causes the pounded player to become "Entangled" with Bonethrasher & when he swings you will be "dragged" around with his swipe & EVEN IF YOU ARE BEHIND it will hit you, the only way to get "disentangled" is putting enough range between you when Bonethrasher is one side of the pit & get to the other side away from him, or you die, so this bug kinda makes it mandatory to get yourself as far from him as possible once debuffed.
Mercenary 55 | Assassin 50 | Marauder 50 | Sniper 50 | Operative 55 | Sorcerer 55 | Powertech 51 | Juggernaut 55
Gunslinger 55 | Guardian 55 | Sage 55 | Vanguard 55 | Scoundrel 27 | Commando 22 | Sentinel 22 | Shadow 21

toyfanatic
12.22.2012 , 10:26 AM | #9
To the OP there is a know glitch in the fight where he will NM mechanics in a SM ops. So I have taken a 24k or more hit before while in campain/hazmaat. This glitch has been there a while, I don't expect it will be fixed soon.
And yes it is a random swipe, he did not eat a piggy or enrage or ground stomp. This rare glitch hasn't happened alot but I have seen it more than once.

Suzina
12.22.2012 , 11:45 PM | #10
This. Ground pound has a debuff.
Member of Bane Fleet