Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats the Point of....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Whats the Point of....

Athena-Nike
12.21.2012 , 05:47 PM | #1
PvP stats in your WZ que screen? It shows total wins, total kills, total medals, total MVP votes but not total WZ's played so whats the point? AFAIK there are no rewards for hitting certain benchmarks (1000 kills, 50 W's, 100 MVP's etc...).

Why not just show us the ratios: K/D, W/L, Medals/WZ, MVP/WZ etc... that actually tell us something

criminalheretic
12.21.2012 , 05:50 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
PvP stats in your WZ que screen? It shows total wins, total kills, total medals, total MVP votes but not total WZ's played so whats the point? AFAIK there are no rewards for hitting certain benchmarks (1000 kills, 50 W's, 100 MVP's etc...).

Why not just show us the ratios: K/D, W/L, Medals/WZ, MVP/WZ etc... that actually tell us something
Maybe Bioware doesn't to give baddies any more fuel by throwing their .113 winning percentage in their face.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Zenates
12.21.2012 , 08:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Maybe Bioware doesn't to give baddies any more fuel by throwing their .113 winning percentage in their face.
As opposed to the ones with the .1337 winning percentage.

rlamela
12.21.2012 , 10:42 PM | #4
but yet you know they have the mechanics to count losses as they do it with ranked warzones. but this was by far the least of their problems when dropping 1.2 To me by far this was still the worst patch they ever released. Some will argue 1.4 but 1.4 wasn't any where near as bad as 1.2

Jenna'syyde
<Save Face Slash Stuck>

MindSpore
12.21.2012 , 10:49 PM | #5
Bioware should add some titles or something for milestones with the stats.
Spymaster / Masterspy / Sneaky-Pete - TOFN

Malkavier
12.22.2012 , 04:43 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MindSpore View Post
Bioware should add some titles or something for milestones with the stats.
Maybe, but how many would conceal those titles on purpose, just to lure people into a false sense of security, right before turning on the pewpew fountain :P
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

Glower
12.22.2012 , 09:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post

Do you not understand, it is just very difficult for EAware...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

DarthMaulUK
12.22.2012 , 09:04 AM | #8
Its probably down to the PuGs. If you're losing and it has an impact on your stats (ie shows your defeats), then even more people will exit warzones when the team is losing.

either way, its yet another half-baked mechanic brought in when they rushed it out.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

KettleBelll
12.22.2012 , 09:07 AM | #9
nm this post, I thought you were talking about something else.

On topic: They won't players how many game they lost, because when Jeff sees that he has a record of 15-120, he likely won't play anymore.

Athena-Nike
12.22.2012 , 10:13 PM | #10
I get that they don't want to "rub it in" to the baddies but why bother showing the stats at all then? Just do away with those stats and be done with it (or do it right and show us the ratios).

Also, where's the healing/tanking stats?