Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I am Scissors. Where is my paper?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I am Scissors. Where is my paper?

HanSollo
12.21.2012 , 04:48 PM | #1
I Play a GS. Have been playing since prelaunch i have been waiting patiently for my paper to show up but its still not here. Most people dont realize that most of the DMG done my GS is white so its all mitigated by armor. This pretty much takes out anything wearing heavy armor. Ok so Guardians/Troopers/ Mercs are out they mitigate 30-40% of your DMG right off the bat. so light and medium armor lets see. Sin/shadow op/scoundral have stealth. So at best you can wait for them to pop out of stealth and start on someone else but the one without downs simply kill you first then head to thier intended target. so whats left Sent/Mara.....if i have to explain that one to u then im sorry. So Sorc/Sages granted they only mitigate 15-20% of the dmg but the problem is they have a 4k bubble on a 20 sec CD so they have somthing like 30k hp and plunty of mobility to LoS you till they can rebubble. so what exactly am i supposed to target. The only use i am in WZs is to pop bubbles so melees dont get stunned. i really am confused as to why you even made this class. Not to mention that i have to stack accurcy to even be able to hit (+15%) to make sure i hit. So while others are stacking crit surge im stacking accuracy and more accuracy and more accuracy which ****s anydmg i would do. Plz if you can explain to me how i can kill **** let me know

ArchangelLBC
12.21.2012 , 04:52 PM | #2
GS/Sniper is an excellent counter for Sent/Mara actually, and focus/rage Juggs as well, despite the heavy armor. Should learn to play better.

If you were a merc/commando your complaint would be more valid.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Chlomamf
12.21.2012 , 04:56 PM | #3
I am Rok. Where is my Sissors?

cashogy
12.21.2012 , 04:57 PM | #4
* scissors

Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

HanSollo
12.21.2012 , 05:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
GS/Sniper is an excellent counter for Sent/Mara actually, and focus/rage Juggs as well, despite the heavy armor. Should learn to play better.

If you were a merc/commando your complaint would be more valid.
really cause on my sent i take them apart very easily and take almost no dmg in the process guess im just an amazing Sent then as for the non tank Guardians i havent tried cause they have heavy armor but that still leaves only 1 class in fact that leaves only 1 class IF they dont spec tank with a class that is kinda designed to tank.

AboB
12.21.2012 , 05:01 PM | #6
this game has this other thing called "PvE," and GSs do OK there....
Also, my sniper has fun in WZs, and we're your mirror, so I really am not sure as to why you are complaining?

BattleGracefully
12.21.2012 , 05:04 PM | #7
somhow i just feel like this guy is trolling
Keiga - Guardian
Licani - Sentinel
Millianna - Vanguard

WannaSpoon
12.21.2012 , 05:08 PM | #8
You must be the only unhappy gunslinger/sniper. Most peoples opinion on this class is perfectly balanced, to a little overpowered. If you think this class needs a buff or another class needs a nerf so you can kill them easier than any other class then this class is not for you or your doing something wrong.

To answer your question, your paper would be any melee (some ranged too) beyond 10m. When they get within 10m they turn to rock.

ForsakenKing
12.21.2012 , 05:08 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by HanSollo View Post
really cause on my sent i take them apart very easily and take almost no dmg in the process guess im just an amazing Sent then as for the non tank Guardians i havent tried cause they have heavy armor but that still leaves only 1 class in fact that leaves only 1 class IF they dont spec tank with a class that is kinda designed to tank.
on my GS, i have no issues killing marauders/jugs/powertechs/mercs/and most assassins. tanks take longer to kill but they eventually die.

basically, anyone that needs to be within mid range to hit us, we counter.

ps. Sniper/GS has a much higher skill level then most of the other classes. use abilities at the wrong time, you will die much sooner.

ArchangelLBC
12.21.2012 , 05:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by HanSollo View Post
Could be the snipers you kill suck at the class as much as you do. Can't faceroll on it.

Again, try playing a merc or commando.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd