Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Augment question


Alithia's Avatar


Alithia
12.21.2012 , 09:35 AM | #1
Hi,

I am crit and surge soft-capped.

Should I use End/Power or End/Willpower?

Please explain why
Alithia, Sorceress - Xonia, Assassine - Jalen, Marauder
Scintilla, Operative - Scin, Mercenary - Thialia, Guardian
JIlly, Commando - Jaisa, Gunslinger

MasterFeign's Avatar


MasterFeign
12.21.2012 , 05:49 PM | #2
Endurance/power

I'm going to assume your power is a little low, a little extra will certainly help.

As for why not the other one, because your main stat also give a small bonus to crit, and if you don't need that, might as well go for something else that will help you.

Alithia's Avatar


Alithia
12.22.2012 , 02:52 AM | #3
I have full WH gear. It seems that the common opinion is to use End/WP.
Alithia, Sorceress - Xonia, Assassine - Jalen, Marauder
Scintilla, Operative - Scin, Mercenary - Thialia, Guardian
JIlly, Commando - Jaisa, Gunslinger

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
12.22.2012 , 03:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
I have full WH gear. It seems that the common opinion is to use End/WP.
Willpower adds to your crit chance and to your bonus damage, power adds to your bonus damage in slightly larger increments than willpower does. If you're soft-capped on crit (I'm assuming about 30% buffed) then go for power. Either way you should never have just 1 kind of augment in all your gear, go by the numbers they create. Finally, the common opinion in SWTOR tends to be wrong a lot (or at least ill-informed since an opinion can't be wrong), don't go by common opinion unless it's in-line with what you landed upon yourself.
Majinn | Blāck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
12.22.2012 , 03:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Squidkidz View Post
don't go by common opinion unless it's in-line with what you landed upon yourself.
lol life lesson.
Majinn | Blāck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

svenofnine's Avatar


svenofnine
12.23.2012 , 10:55 AM | #6
what is the hardcap for crit and surge?
"I'm not a fact I'm a proven fear, Mr. Rogers blocking my U-Haul screaming HEY YOU AIN'T MOVING HERE!!"
GST
PvE Raiding/PVP Guild

Cowflab's Avatar


Cowflab
12.23.2012 , 09:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Squidkidz View Post
Willpower adds to your crit chance and to your bonus damage, power adds to your bonus damage in slightly larger increments than willpower does. If you're soft-capped on crit (I'm assuming about 30% buffed) then go for power. Either way you should never have just 1 kind of augment in all your gear, go by the numbers they create. Finally, the common opinion in SWTOR tends to be wrong a lot (or at least ill-informed since an opinion can't be wrong), don't go by common opinion unless it's in-line with what you landed upon yourself.
I guess I'm doing something wrong, because in full unaugmented WH I have roughly 31% crit self buffed. I'm going to start augmenting END/POW as my stats self buffed are 99.96% ACC, 31% CRIT, 71% CRIT DMG. I have messed around with a couple augment slots and it seems that I get more of a damage return with straight power. Unless someone can explain otherwise, that's what I'm going to do.

DarthBama's Avatar


DarthBama
12.24.2012 , 01:02 PM | #8
Feel free to correct me, but the crit you gain from willpower is not on the same diminishing returns as pure crit.

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
12.24.2012 , 01:10 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBama View Post
Feel free to correct me, but the crit you gain from willpower is not on the same diminishing returns as pure crit.
Correct.
Majinn | Blāck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

Rynis's Avatar


Rynis
12.25.2012 , 02:09 AM | #10
If you're crit capped, you'll get more bang from you buck with power.

You know sense the assassin doesn't get fun things like 9% to mainstat or crit*/accuracy increases! *cough bioware cough*


*3% crit for madness but it's restricted to lightning charge
#AlmightyTeejus-#twitch.tv/bjagz