Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage, the paper dog king of all mmo's!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sage, the paper dog king of all mmo's!

LuciferinDNA
01.03.2013 , 03:22 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by nokizaru View Post
Circle strafe. Learn how to do it. Simply sprinting in straight lines is not 'kiting' - that's escaping. Well done on the 2 vs 1, but you only confirmed my suspicions that you need to learn to kite. THAT'S why you're having so much trouble with smashderps.
No, back-peddling is NEVER advised in PvP. Have a look at Taugrim's vids - he even removes his back peddle option. Slow your opponent, and then move in a wide, exaggerated circle around him. You never expose your back, and he's constantly trying to close the angle. Of course, they'll use force leap, grapple, force speed etc to close the distance, but you have the tools needed to get back into range. It's why Balance or hybrid specs work well. And no, if you run in Balance spec, "99%" of your skills are not channelled.
I know what you mean, I played "Darkfall" for 3 years before I switched to swtor, , )
I still using it with my Scoundrel, but sometimes I laughing on my self, because this game is auto aim, and I know well, that when my commando starts to channel grav round and a scoundrel, operative, assassin, shadow kiting around me like if he where in an FPS game, I don't have to do anything, my char is facing him, no matter how he moves (I wish it would be different here...) so he can land a back hit only if I stop channeling, or he stun me. IMO this could need a fix as well, but in that case it means a new engine , )
I was crossing my fingers when swtor launch was announced, for a non auto aim server, but it never will arrive : /

The balance spec has options for insta cast, FB - but its on 15 sec cd and the others are in the end of a combo what you have to start with a few sec of channeling.
Another problem in my eyes, we have the most sensitive AC (minimal defense, hp) so hes goal for survive would be kiting, but its the only ranged class who don't have ranged auto attack (even in his secondary dmg table, the main attribute, the willpower don't counts - you don't see another class like that in the game) and he is coursed with a bunch of channeling spells what simply root him down lol

But I thanks for your advice and I will try to set up some kind of kiting with my Sage.

LuciferinDNA
01.03.2013 , 04:00 AM | #32
Bioware is well aware of the complaints surrounding the Sage/Sorc class. I'm hoping that the expansion will see improvements made to those classes that need it most - starting with the Commando/Merc.

No, I've said it all along. And I'm not your 'dear', or 'chubby', for that matter.
Bioware do nothing.... And the swtor player base is just qq'ing on the general channel, but somehow they are not that great forum fighters(honor for exception). Thats way I started to post, even if I know, that my English is lacking like hell , )
You mentioned commando/Merc. They get the nerf in 1.2 nearly a year ago and still no upgrade for them lol
And the next expansion??? At the end of spring??? No! They should fix this issues yesterday!
An mmo player is sticks to 1 mmo, if he bored or get tired by waiting for his fix he simply leaves... It never means that he stops playing mmo, he will start a new one and he stick to that one. And its 99% that he never will go back to the one what he left - the market is way too full with MMOs
SWTOR made this mistake ones, and now what can you see? Soon they will offer free sex in Thailand if a left subscriber comes back....
Look at the forum, listen the general channel in game.... We should see a class balance patch in the next days or way too many ppl will leave.

If I would make an mmo I would come out with new skills, abilities in every even month and tweak the balance with them (you even can make a lore around it, to handle the confusion of some of the player base) and I would keep the game fresh with it.
If an mmo lacking in new content, then game over. For us, pvp players the content are new skills and balance tweaking.

"No, I've said it all along. And I'm not your 'dear', or 'chubby', for that matter."

You can call me a "blue phoenix holding a Magen David" if you like to , )

Paelo
01.03.2013 , 05:31 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by LuciferinDNA View Post
The bubble is the only defense tool for Sage, the bubble's power depends on power, willpower and force power, so it depends on bonus healing how much dmg it can absorb. Expertise gives bonus to healing and it don't improve force armor (the bubble) Thats one of the reason, way Sage goes down so easy after 50. But it won't be a wise fix to improve bubble by expertise, because its already makes indestructible classes immortal....
What a fascinating and completely redundant pile of tripe. Sages aren't tanks, they're a light armour wearing utility class, which when used right can have a huge impact on pvp.

It would be possible to leave Sage's deference like this, but in this case he should get a huge burst dmg tool table.
For the sake of all that is good on this earth, please use a translator or spell check, your posts actually hurt to read/make sense of them.

Huge burst increase? Thankyou for further confirming you have no idea what you're talking about and are simply looking for your favourite class to be given "I win" mode.

Its nonsense, that the most indestructible AC has the greatest burst DMG (jug) till the most glass class absolutely lacking in it....
For starters a jug/guard in focus spec is far from indestructible, though yes for a dps spec it does have decent survivability. Granted the whole derp sweep spec needs to be toned down a bit (have already said that previously) but then they're not the only spec that needs some slight changes in that respect. Assault/Pyro spec for BH's/Troopers is up there too.

There are few games, where back peddle is a wrong action in pvp, but not in SWTOR...
Back peddling is never the best approach.

(when you slow your opponent and you should face him to land your spell, what you do? You run away? ....
When you back peddle you cut your own movement speed in half. Pretty much defeats the purpose of even slowing them when you're making yourself run at half speed genius. If you don't know what circle strafing is/can't be bothered learning, then I'd suggest you roll something other than a sage or sorc.

By the way, try to kite better when 99% of your spells are channeling ones....
I do, every time I log my sage on. To be quite blunt your movement in that vid was nothing short of abysmal at times. My sage/sorc isn't even my main and I still use it more fluidly. Learn to kite.

May I ask what class are you playing?...
My main is a Gunslinger, so between playing him and the sage/sorc I am more than familiar with the trouble that can arise from having the majority of your skills based around an induction timer. Though I have several alts, including a sage and a sorc, and in terms of both pve and pvp I've found them to be incredibly versatile and easily able to hold their own in 1 vs 1's.

Can you show us one of your wids,
If I can be bothered installing fraps sometime soon I'll be sure to stick one up, even with my already poor ping rate.

what you made with your Sage/Sorc just to let us learn a bit how to kite.
Both my Sage and Sorc run in hybrid spec for pvp with a mix of Seer/Telekinetics. This makes them extremely difficult to kill (if you keep moving and know how to kite) and allows you to provide good team support in wz's.
Regardless of this, the spec has nothing to do with you needing to learn to kite. While some builds offer more cc to assist with it, you need to learn how to actually kite. Instead of just the back peddle.

(please don't flee this one, if you don't have, just upload one, its 10 minutes...)
Again, get yourself a dictionary or find an online translator. I haven't the patience to sit here trying to decipher your pigeon english
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally

MusicRider
01.03.2013 , 09:53 AM | #34
Yea, it seems an exaggeration, no doubt , ) and it was not 2 sec..
It looked like:
-jugg jump on me (bubble goes down immediately it stuns him, he break the cc)
Force charge/leap is not that strong of an attack to break bubble. Moving on.
Quote:
-I push the hotkey "weaken mind" till that my hp goes to 70%. I start to push hotkey "turbulance"
-jugg hit and pushback my turbulance (my hp is on 45%)
-jugg hit and pushback my turbulance (my hp is on 10%)
-jugg hit and pushback my turbulance (my hp is on 0%)
-Jugg is on 95% hp
Stun->Force speed->force lift (you did say he broke the cc). Next.

LuciferinDNA
01.03.2013 , 03:29 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicRider View Post
Force charge/leap is not that strong of an attack to break bubble. Moving on.

Stun->Force speed->force lift (you did say he broke the cc). Next.
The bubble went down, maybe I sucked something else as well....
Stun - 1 minute cd, its not that cool to use force speed when you channel a spell, force lift 1 minute cd and forget about it if its not insta. Next? : )

Altheran
01.03.2013 , 03:33 PM | #36
If you allow me to do an off-topic post...

Quote: Originally Posted by Paelo View Post
Back peddling is never the best approach.
While it's true on SWTOR, it's not true for all MMOs.

I know at least 2 MMOs where back peddling can be a good way to handle a fight.

This is why I'm bored to read some comments of people judging others and calling them noobs if they dare to back peddle in a vid.

But there's nothing personal here, it's just that the claim caught my sight while I was skipping through this thread as it wasn't 100% right because it's not universal like it implied, and I felt like I had to express my disapproval with the general attitude against back peddlers. It's just that I had to quote someone, and it happened to be you.

I swear I won't bother this thread anymore.

LuciferinDNA
01.03.2013 , 03:36 PM | #37
armour Thankyou favourite english
Ok we all can agree, than your English is way better then my, but where is the vid? : ) Are you just editing the perfect English title or an epic narration?
We are still waiting for your Sage/Sorc vid, where you show us how to kite.

Paelo
01.03.2013 , 03:44 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post

I know at least 2 MMOs where back peddling can be a good way to handle a fight..
Feel free to name them.

Paelo
01.03.2013 , 03:51 PM | #39
Ok we all can agree, than your English is way better then my, but where is the vid? : ) Are you just editing the perfect English title or an epic narration?
Interesting way to dodge the multiple areas of my last post where I debunked your absurd requests for massive unnecessary buffs. Sad, but interesting.

We are still waiting for your Sage/Sorc vid, where you show us how to kite.
We? You have someone in your pocket or are you suffering from multiple personality disorder? Get over to youtube and spend some time watching people use circle kiting (granted a lot of sage skills can't be used while doing that as they have inductions, but you should still learn how it's done. Especially if it breaks you out of that habit of back peddling) I would recomend some of Taugrims vids for starters, no shortage of them up there.

Altheran
01.03.2013 , 04:07 PM | #40
Feel free to name them.
Warhammer Online and Aion. Even if back peddling is not always the good way in these games, there are some situations when it's necessary.