Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament - Place Your Bets!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Place Your Bets!

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
12.21.2012 , 11:59 AM | #31
General Grievous vs Mandalore the Ultimate

Tyber Zann vs G0-T0*

Revan* vs Skere Kaan

Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor

Darth Traya vs Darth Plagueis

Exar Kun vs Naga Sadow

Quote:
*You may be wondering while G0-T0 is in the ‘losers’ bracket – but the fact is his victory was unexpected and a feel he is a better match for Tyber Zann than Traya. It also allows for certain individuals to make a cameo.
You just didn't want Traya to face GO-TO because GO-TO is the only one Traya can't corrupt, mind control, or auto-win with by hiding on Malachor V. :P

1. Malgus
2. G0-T0
3. Naga Shadow
4. Grievous

I think G0-T0 is the one to beat in this Kaggath. Assuming Malgus gets to the final, I think he's the only one who would be able to beat G0-T0.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.21.2012 , 12:07 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Oh no. Last time Revan went up against one of your favorite Star Wars characters he lost. Crap.

You think he's a tactical genius? I disagree, but I'll wait for his Kaggath to decide that.
You underestimate my appreciation for Revan. I'm betting on him winning this.

Oh and lets face it, Darth Traya beats Revan. Maybe not Darth Revan but she beats Revan, he hadn't become uber-Jedi yet.

P.S. On the topic of Revan I plan to restore the title of Darth to him at some point. Probably if he gets to the Semi-Finals, definitely if he makes it too the Finals. But I'm not sure yet, it depends on the make up of the tri-duel. So your just gonna have to bear with me on that front.

Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Do you mind telling us what some of the rules are for the Tri-battle-Kaggaths? I've got some questions:
Can two sides become allies to defeat the other?
Can one of the participants sit back and watch the others fall?

I honestly think that both of these should be allowed. It's your call.
Yes the can team up, however there can only be one winner so their alliance can only last so long. And yes to the second point. The logic being it won't result in victory by default seeing as one will survive and has to destroy all opposition to win.

Lol, I'm getting excited just thinking about it!

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
12.21.2012 , 12:17 PM | #33
On Tri-debates:

All that will happen is the debates will degrade into "what if" situations.

We will no longer be comparing the strengths of the armies and their plans, but which leader would do what under these circumstances that happen because the other guy was in an alliance with the first guy because for whatever reason he though that would be a good idea because the other two might have formed an alliance, so that one had to make it before the other one did and he managed to do that because he's better than the other.

And yes. It'll be that confusing.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.21.2012 , 12:24 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
You just didn't want Traya to face GO-TO because GO-TO is the only one Traya can't corrupt, mind control, or auto-win with by hiding on Malachor V. :P
No. That is not the reason. The reason is a spoiler so you'll just have to wait and find out.

Its interesting that you think G0-T0 is the one to beat though. Perhaps I underestimate him.


Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I think G0-T0 is the one to beat in this Kaggath. Assuming Malgus gets to the final, I think he's the only one who would be able to beat G0-T0
Why is that, just curious.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.21.2012 , 12:27 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
On Tri-debates:

All that will happen is the debates will degrade into "what if" situations.

We will no longer be comparing the strengths of the armies and their plans, but which leader would do what under these circumstances that happen because the other guy was in an alliance with the first guy because for whatever reason he though that would be a good idea because the other two might have formed an alliance, so that one had to make it before the other one did and he managed to do that because he's better than the other.

And yes. It'll be that confusing.
As Arbiter of the Kaggath - I shall decide which alliances are viable and which are not, to avoid such 'what if' situations. You'll put forward the arguments though. And ultimately their can only be one winner so strength of armies and plans is an inevitable factor.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
12.21.2012 , 12:31 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
No. That is not the reason. The reason is a spoiler so you'll just have to wait and find out.

Its interesting that you think G0-T0 is the one to beat though. Perhaps I underestimate him.
G0-T0:

-is Invisible (in multiple ways)
-is Very hard to kill (for Force Users too)
-is Skilled at operating in the underworld
-has No planets to defend. Or a base. Completely offensive
-his Power base is literally built of bounty hunters and assassins

Basically, it doesn't matter how large the opponents army, because G0-T0 doesn't care about planets. He doesn't care about warfare. He'll stay hidden. His countless assassins will aim straight at the opposing leader. GOOD assassins. And if the other army attempts to find him with bounty hunters of their own... well, easier said than done.

The Kaggath is all about killing the other guy. The endgame. And G0-T0 is built for endgame.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
12.21.2012 , 12:35 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Why is that, just curious.
XD You're kidding, right?

I'm gonna support G0-T0 all the way. I'm not gonna tell everyone how to defeat him! But I'm just putting it out there, that Malgus has some advantages that could make him win.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.21.2012 , 12:38 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
XD You're kidding, right?

I'm gonna support G0-T0 all the way. I'm not gonna tell everyone how to defeat him! But I'm just putting it out there, that Malgus has some advantages that could make him win.
Ha ha! Of course! Nice to see people are getting into the competitive spirit!

I must admit, G0-T0 does have some distinct advantages that will work especially well in the tri-duel. As stealth and deception are important factors. Perhaps I should revise my predicted outcome...

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
12.21.2012 , 12:43 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Ha ha! Of course! Nice to see people are getting into the competitive spirit!

I must admit, G0-T0 does have some distinct advantages that will work especially well in the tri-duel. As stealth and deception are important factors. Perhaps I should revise my predicted outcome...
Well, apparently G0-T0 can't come in first, because he didn't "win" (*Insert "are you f***ing kidding me" face here*) in the Kaggath series. So someone has to beat him.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
12.21.2012 , 12:45 PM | #40
Should note, before you do these battles. That to make sure, both sides have information on their character, their armies, what the armies consist of, and information on the troops/vehicles/weapons that they use.

More to that, I wouldn't take bland information make sure its actual information cause some of these battles(even before Kaggath) have been based on assumption and speculation or things just pulled out of thin air. Or what it says on the profile of a character that they killed jedi, or did such and such...yet there isn't any proof for that other then character statements which...really isn't proof.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.