Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

C2-N2 stopped critting (engineering sensor - cybertech)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
C2-N2 stopped critting (engineering sensor - cybertech)

Kytea
12.23.2012 , 12:09 AM | #21
Yep, you confirmed (5.6e-7) and you learned how the crit bonus calculation works, and that you can't craft twice on the same mission.
All is good.

Cleux
12.23.2012 , 12:15 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kytea View Post
Yep, you confirmed (5.6e-7) and you learned how the crit bonus calculation works, and that you can't craft twice on the same mission.
All is good.
No I pointed out to you that it is improbable to crit two times on a mission but probable to crit 0 times out of 50 tries. Thus giving you a proper illustration of the correct usage of the words you were using incorrectly. You came around.

I never back tracked on my use of that wording but you came around to the correct usage of the true meaning of the words. You did great.

You are correct after I read the link you gave I saw how the devs are combining probabilities which is not how probabilities are normally combined.

Kytea
12.23.2012 , 12:17 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleux View Post
No I pointed out to you that it is improbable to crit two times on a mission
It is impossible to crit two times on a mission. One crit per mission max.

Cleux
12.23.2012 , 12:18 AM | #24
It is impossible to crit two times on a mission. One crit per mission max.
So thus it is improbable like I said. See a correct use of the word improbable. Improbable and impossible go hand in hand.

Kytea
12.23.2012 , 12:29 AM | #25
Sure

Merriam-Webster does not list "impossible" as a synonym for "improbable"

Improbable: unlikely to be true or to occur
Impossible: incapable of being or of occurring

Anyway, you said the probability of having zero crit in fifty attemps is 5.6e-7.
You got it. The number is clear and has no ambiguity, and confirms what I have observed.
You are not contributing to the thread and I have added you to my ignore list. I will therefore not see any additional responses you make.

Cleux
12.23.2012 , 12:35 AM | #26
Sure

Merriam-Webster does not list "impossible" as a synonym for "improbable"

Improbable: unlikely to be true or to occur
Impossible: incapable of being or of occurring

Anyway, you said the probability of having zero crit in fifty attemps is 5.6e-7.
You got it. The number is clear and has no ambiguity, and confirms what I have observed.
You are correct it did confirm what you observed and you observed it was not 100% therefor complaining about it not critting was a waste of time.

But the antonym for both improbable and impossible is listed as possible. There is a connection. Just because they don't put the words there doesn't mean they aren't synonyms. The list isn't comprehensive.

http://thesaurus.com/browse/impossible

http://thesaurus.com/browse/improbable

Thank you for adding me to your ignore list. It was hard for me to add anything to the conversation when I was correcting all of your errors.

Kytea
12.24.2012 , 10:16 PM | #27
So, I was discussing this with other crafters on my server. They have also seen this behaviour and they made a suggestion which worked.
I took out C2-N2's engineering sensor, had him craft 1 item. Then I put it back on, and had him craft five items, and he critted on one of them. The next day I had him craft a few armoring mods for one of my alts and he crafted occasionally, as he did in the past before he stopped critting completely a few weeks ago.
Back to normal.

Zarakaar
12.25.2012 , 04:04 PM | #28
I suppose it's possible (but surely not probable) that leaving the Engineering Sensor in for a long time made C2 unable to crit, but I doubt it.

I've seen approximately 20% crit on mods recently. It sounds like superstition to un-equip and re-equip the sensor, but I sometimes turn off and recast Ion Cell when I lose aggro, so I can't really fault you.

Sorry you beat the odds and didn't crit for so long. Really puts a damper in the credit flow. Hope it's better from here out.

The_Duck
12.26.2012 , 11:30 AM | #29
this is the funniest thread on the boards!
MATH alert!
- The Duck

Cleux
12.26.2012 , 05:50 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Duck View Post
this is the funniest thread on the boards!
MATH alert!
What did one math book say to the other?

Spoiler