Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

C2-N2 stopped critting (engineering sensor - cybertech)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
C2-N2 stopped critting (engineering sensor - cybertech)

Cleux
12.22.2012 , 10:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kytea View Post
I wasn't complaining, I was asking if others have observed C2-N2 not critting at all recently, with the Engineering droid sensor.
It is improbable to not crit 50 times in a row.
You keep confirming what I am saying, thank you.
It is not improbable for you not to crit 50 times it is very possible this is a bell curve. As long as you fall under the curve, then nothing went wrong.

Kytea
12.22.2012 , 10:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleux View Post
It is not improbable for you not to crit 50 times
It is extremely improbable to not crit 50 times in a row (to have zero crits after 50 attempts), you even calculated the odds yourself, 5.6e-7.

Cleux
12.22.2012 , 11:51 PM | #13
It is extremely improbable to not crit 50 times in a row (to have zero crits after 50 attempts), you even calculated the odds yourself, 5.6e-7.
Improbable is to have you crit 2 times on a mission or to have you crit 1.5 times on a mission since those involve 200% chance to crit or 150% chance to crit. . You have from 0% to 100% chance to crit during crafting. You was unlucky and crit 0% of the time. That is still under the bell curve so it is probable for you not to crit just like it is probably for you to have crit 100% of the time.

All out comes from 0% to 100% are probable under the bell curve.

Maybe your wording is at issue. Call it rare, calling it rare makes it probably but not as likely to have happen.

Improbably is saying it not likely to happen but that isn't true in this case it is likely to happen. That is why critting more than once on a mission is improbably since it isn't likely to happen no matter how many times you craft.

Kytea
12.22.2012 , 11:57 PM | #14
5.6e-7 is extremely improbable

Improbable is to have you crit 2 times on a mission or to have you crit
Critting 2 times on a mission is impossible. You can only crit once per mission.

Cleux
12.22.2012 , 11:59 PM | #15
5.6e-7 is still a possibility therefore by the definitions of the word it is probable and cant be improbable.

Kytea
12.23.2012 , 12:00 AM | #16
That's fine. When you say 5.6e-7 you confirm.
Thanks

If you craft 50 times, it is improbable, not likely, that you will have zero crits.

Cleux
12.23.2012 , 12:01 AM | #17

Critting 2 times on a mission is impossible. You can only crit once per mission.
Yes now you get it that is why critting two times on a mission is improbable but critting 0 times is probable.

Thanks for agreeing with me finally you see.

Cleux
12.23.2012 , 12:04 AM | #18
That's fine. When you say 5.6e-7 you confirm.
Thanks

If you craft 50 times, it is improbable, not likely, that you will have zero crits.
Let me change that for you.
"If you craft 50 times, it is [still possible],[but rare], that you will have zero crits.

Kytea
12.23.2012 , 12:04 AM | #19
Yes now you get it that is why critting two times on a mission is improbably but critting 0 times is probable..
Critting two times on a mission is impossible in this game, you can only crit once per mission.
Game mechanics.

Critting 0 (or not critting) on one mission is probable. I've already stated that there is a 75% chance of not critting.
Thanks for confirming again.

Crafting fifty times and obtaining zero crits is a probability of 5.6e-7, like you said.

Cleux
12.23.2012 , 12:06 AM | #20
Critting two times on a mission is impossible in this game, you can only crit once per mission.
Game mechanics.

Critting 0 (or not critting) on one mission is probable. I've already stated that there is a 75% chance of not critting.

Crafting fifty times and obtaining zero crits is a probability of 5.6e-7, like you said.
I just confirmed that it is not an improbability like you said but a probability like I said an you just reaffirmed my statement..