Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How many subscriptions SWTOR still have?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How many subscriptions SWTOR still have?

SnoggyMack
12.20.2012 , 11:59 AM | #11
My guess is around 750,000 subscribers.
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

Ishagu
12.20.2012 , 12:09 PM | #12
Thinking about this, I think we are being too harsh.

There are a lof of players on thia game, and many have re-subbed. Probably 600k+ subs and a total of 1 - 1.2 million regular players
Laptop: Alienware M15x, I7 740QM, 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333Mhz, 1.5GB Nvidia GTX 460M, 500GB SATA HD @ 7200rpm, Windows 7 x64, 1600x900
-~Ishagu~-

bassfu
12.20.2012 , 12:22 PM | #13
I'm subbed, so they at least have 1.

seanisawake
12.20.2012 , 12:28 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Connll View Post
So, according to posters opinion, SWTOR amount of active subscripstions is between 300k-600k.

An average of 450k then? WoW. less than 20% of the top number.

Not sure about how I feel about this... I wanted this game to be the next WoW, you know... What did we do wrong?
WoW has 10 million people. Spread out accross 50 servers, 5 continents and all of the timezones. You probably get to play with 5000 tops. Get over it.
Jedi Sentinel -
Been a long year but the best is yet to come.

johnxtreeme
12.20.2012 , 01:02 PM | #15
350,000 subs is what I would say. Let's be clear. If every subscriber pays $15 a month, that's still like $60m a year, not counting income from the cartel shop/expansions.

Think about it. If a game was in development for 5 years at a studio that was costing 60m a year, that's $300m. EA can still make considerable profit from this game, if it actually tries.

Nemmar
12.20.2012 , 01:02 PM | #16
I'm pretty sure the number of subs has increased since F2P. There were lots of people coming back and resubbing. It actually started rising when TfB released. Should be well above 650k.

Nemmar
12.20.2012 , 01:04 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryBlade View Post
Wow if most of these predictions are accurate (between 300k to 500k subs) than it has about as many subs as FFXI.

Cheers!
There are no indicators that the game has lost a substancial number of players. Xfire is the only indicator i know of and it only saw a rise since F2P and stabilised. Bioware has also said that all their numbers saw an increase when F2P launched, so the predictions of less than 650k are well off the mark.
According to Xfire. FFXI is the 149th most popular online game (includes all games with online play, not just RPGs), SWTOR is the 12th... i think theres quite a difference here.

BrianDavion
12.20.2012 , 01:06 PM | #18
So, according to posters opinion, SWTOR amount of active subscripstions is between 300k-600k.

Not sure about how I feel about this... I wanted this game to be the next WoW, you know... What did we do wrong?
I'd say what was done "wrong" was expecting ANY future MMO to top WOW's numbers. the market has changed since WOW. it's MUCH more competitive. WoW remains king due to inertia (people stay in it cause they have well advanced chars and because it has lots of players) no new MMO is going to manage to bypass this. and when WoW is shut down, it's not going to be replaced by a single MMO. the market has simply changed as there are simply MORE MMOs out there competeing for the Public's attention

Nemmar
12.20.2012 , 01:10 PM | #19

Please dont believe numbers doomsayers pull out of their back side. They have an agenda, ignore their posts.

I wish some numbers would be revealed so we could definitly call them on their umm... you know.

Quraswren
12.20.2012 , 01:37 PM | #20
I'm still going to stick with BW's last info. about it.

We have between 500K and 1 million. F2P has added in a good number of people but no way to know how many and there not always paying customers either.

Total players - above a million with F2P but no idea how high.
Total subscription players - less than a million but still above 500K.