Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How many subscriptions SWTOR still have?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How many subscriptions SWTOR still have?

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
12.22.2012 , 12:31 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
.... ummm they ARE HIRING NEW EMPLOYEES. You don't hire new employees who cost around 100k+ a year if your game is losing money.
If your going to make assumptions...even ones that make sense....you can not then turn around and deride others for doing the same.

You are both presenting opinions with no basis in actual facts. Well, mostly anyway...you both have thrown in a few facts or numbers here and there. There is nothing wrong with that, you are both speculating based on what you see and what you know.

I see very few actual "facts" from either one of you, but that doesn't mean what you say makes no sense. It just means it's speculative and arguable.

In other words....pot, meet kettle.

Goretzu's Avatar


Goretzu
12.22.2012 , 04:17 AM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by sstanks View Post
this made me laugh.

I want to be clear here. You said that Bioware averages a new content patch every 3-4 months

Now you are aware that we are on patch 1.6. Not including the live events that is 6 content patches in one year.

So in your mind 12 months divided by 6 patches gives 3 to 4 months between content patches.
Fair enough, 2 months, however 12 weeks does not = 6 weeks.


However lets not forget that they only achieved that 2 months release date by splitting content that was supposed to go into ONE patch into 2 or even 3 seperate patches.

Which is why I said all along their 6 week promise was utterly unsustainable, unless you count a new outfit on the Cashshop as content (which I don't).
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
12.22.2012 , 08:30 AM | #153
Boy, you guys are really splitting hairs here. jarjarloves, I'd suggest you tone it down pretty strongly here before you rack up the forum violations enough to get a ban.

I'd like to point out that Eve online is widely considered a successful and original MMO.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
12.22.2012 , 08:39 AM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
I'm saying there were 5 content patches, as we have established, however 1.2 didn't seem to have any content but the Rak Plauge, did it?
patch 1.2
1 new Operation
1 new flashpoint
1 new warzone
1 new daily area

Morgalica's Avatar


Morgalica
12.22.2012 , 08:41 AM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
really? AO as original or succesful?

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/game...chy-online.php
No I see AO as successful since it has been around for 11 years now. There are still thousands of players and it still gets updates. It also has one of the best if not THE best customer support out in a modern day MMO.

yes the graphics are dated for a game that's 11 years old.

But in all honesty I am waiting for you to call me a 45 year old man who has served in both Iraq conflicts a "kid"

please do, it seems to be your thing.

"When you can't win an discussion call them a kid and see if you can push them into argument."
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
- Ronald Reagan
Peace is merely a farce put forth by those too weak to fight.

Goretzu's Avatar


Goretzu
12.22.2012 , 08:43 AM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
again. you are skipping the 2 live events? are you not counting them as content?

please explain to me how a new warzone, new flashpoint and a new operation aren't new content?'

what is your description of content?

But ok you say turning an event on isn't content? Ok fair enough. But the event itself is still content. Since that means the second live event came in patch 1.3 then 1.3 HAD CONTENT

So we are at 6 patches.
So at best by my defination SWTOR had 5 content patches in 12 months - 2.4 months
And at best by your defination SWTOR had 6 content paches in 12 months - 2 months.

Can we now agree that neither is 6 weeks.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Gruug's Avatar


Gruug
12.22.2012 , 11:32 AM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Connll View Post
Hey, guys, I am writing this in search of a small bit of info I havenīt been able to find. Everything I say in this post is based on outdated information, so it is probably wrong/innacurate by now.

Way back in 2011, it was said that SWTOR would be "very profitable" if it managed to hit 500k active subs. This was said in answer to a question if the dev expected Tor to dethrone WoW.

As far as I know, SWTOR had a peak of 2,5 million active subscriptions, and then this number started to dwindle rapidly, as more and more players finished the calss storylines.

Question is: how many active subscriptions TOR has today? I think it must be 300k tops, otherwise a transition to F2P wouldnīt be implemented so quickly. Also, is the number of subs finally stable? Or it still continues to drop?

Anyone knows the answer?
It really makes no difference....to the players. It only is a concern for those selling the game. I do know of at least two more subs they won't be getting mid-Feburary. And no, not goint "f2p" either.


Give me an MMO that I can visit and have fun! Where what I pay for is not going to those that play for free.

ShepardSpock's Avatar


ShepardSpock
12.24.2012 , 07:26 AM | #158
I would guess between 200k and 400k now and getting smaller all the time. But the free players are still making the game still seem populated.

Shingara's Avatar


Shingara
12.24.2012 , 07:42 AM | #159
alot fewer then a few days ago
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

ShepardSpock's Avatar


ShepardSpock
12.24.2012 , 07:47 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
alot fewer then a few days ago
Spent yesterday in DCUO when I found out for their Holiday present to previous subs get 1 month sub time plus in game event and access to the previous DLCs. I made an earth powered character that came in the last DLC. And access to shield wield from a previous one since I left. Well, I'll get half a month since it started about 2 weeks ago. And what did Bioware give us for the Holidays? A red neck mobile aka a lawn mower with lights that you have to pay 18 dollars for. PATHETIC.

Bioware is really pathetic when SONY of all people treat players better.