Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How many subscriptions SWTOR still have?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How many subscriptions SWTOR still have?

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
12.21.2012 , 04:45 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevalon View Post
I read that entire article and no where did it say WHY they fired any employees - haha, if this is your proof you are so completely clueless it is beyond comprehension. Please, next time, actually read what you link - You can't just google search a link and paste it here hoping it will say something you want it too. Now you look even the bigger fool.

Also, I agree SWTOR is the only thing Bioware Austin works on. I never said it wasn't. Some other dude did.
so all this time you beleive that the 100 or so people who were fired from Bioware were fired because.......?

CosmicKat's Avatar


CosmicKat
12.21.2012 , 04:46 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevalon View Post
I don't have any proof. Which is why I made all that crap up

That being said, its just as possible as your posts
I think the secret rocket factory is more possible.

CosmicKat's Avatar


CosmicKat
12.21.2012 , 04:47 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
so all this time you beleive that the 100 or so people who were fired from Bioware were fired because.......?
Umm, the game tanked. You think that doesn't have a cost?

Trevalon's Avatar


Trevalon
12.21.2012 , 04:48 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
so all this time you beleive that the 100 or so people who were fired from Bioware were fired because.......?
I don't know why they were fired and neither do you. You THINK they were fired because the game was doing poorly and I agree with you. I think many, most, or all of them COULD have been fired for that reason.

I also think that 90 of them could of been fired for low subs and then 10 were fired for "other reasons" and those 10 positions are now being refilled because they were integral positions that must be refilled.

This whole thing started because you said, with certainty, that Bioware was hiring new people because of F2P money being put back into the game.

I said you have no idea if that's true or not and you have yet to prove me wrong. You still, after 2 pages of back and forth have NO clue if it is true or not.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
12.21.2012 , 04:48 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevalon View Post
I don't know why they were fired and neither do you. You THINK they were fired because the game was doing poorly and I agree with you. I think many, most, or all of them COULD have been fired for that reason.

I also think that 90 of them could of been fired for low subs and then 10 were fired for "other reasons" and those 10 positions are now being refilled because they were integral positions that must be refilled.
actually I do know. My brother was one of them.

prove me wrong.


btw if 10 of them were fired and they were intrigral they wouldn't have waited 4 months to post the job listing.

Goretzu's Avatar


Goretzu
12.21.2012 , 04:51 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
again, you haven't provide ANY evidence. 0 ZIP ZILCH. So I ask again what proof do you have of their expectations.
What proof do you have of their expectations?

0, ZIP, ZILCH and NADA perhaps.

So what does that mean?


Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
you realize 6 weeks between content patches is incredibly fast. Blizzard averages 4-5 months their record is 11 months between content patches. The only game that might be faster is Rift.

You are also missing the bigger point which is F2P is a success for SWTOR, and they are putting that money BACK INTO the game.
Yeah 6 weeks would be quite fast, if indeed it were 6 weeks, however 3-4 months is closer to the current average, and whichever way you cut it is it MILES behind Rift.

So if SWTOR were pumping it out every 6 weeks it would be as good as Rift, but it is not, it doing nothing like that, so I can't really see your point here.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Izorii's Avatar


Izorii
12.21.2012 , 04:55 PM | #147
I would like to believe that if people enjoy a game it does not matter how many playes simply that I enjoy the game. Tghe truth is however other players are needed for PvP flash points and Raids which are the end game of any MMO. Personaly I would expect the subscripers to have fallen since free to play and the initial rush of Cartek purchas oto have fallen once people release nothing but cosmetic outfits to buy.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
12.21.2012 , 04:59 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
What proof do you have of their expectations?

0, ZIP, ZILCH and NADA perhaps.

So what does that mean?




Yeah 6 weeks would be quite fast, if indeed it were 6 weeks, however 3-4 months is closer to the current average, and whichever way you cut it is it MILES behind Rift.

So if SWTOR were pumping it out every 6 weeks it would be as good as Rift, but it is not, it doing nothing like that, so I can't really see your point here.
except those games their staff has grown, they have put out new content and paid expansions. Therefore they are succesful.


3-4 months? are you joking? Since they announced their 6 week content cycle they have been pretty much spot on.

Look for yourself at the content patches http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.6.0/ancient-hypergate

it comes out to just about 6 weeks. I beleive there is 1 exception where it is just over 6 weeks

but starting from what was it last week in August with the Live Event.
then TFB 1.4 9/26/12 4 weeks
Hk-51 1.5 11/15/12 7 weeks (their one overstep)
Ancient Hypergates 12/11/12 3.5 weeks

so... yeah they are doing pretty good.

edit: in fact if you include patch 1.3 then that is 8 weeks in between that and the live event. But i don't belive 1.3 was considered part of the 6 week content cycle.



edit edit: Just did the rough math in my head. Starting from patch 1.0 in december to 1.6 they averaged 5.8 weeks between content patches. Yes there was a BIG gap between 1.1 and 1.2 but that is negated by the fast content we have been receiving.

sstanks's Avatar


sstanks
12.21.2012 , 05:23 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post

Yeah 6 weeks would be quite fast, if indeed it were 6 weeks, however 3-4 months is closer to the current average, and whichever way you cut it is it MILES behind Rift.

So if SWTOR were pumping it out every 6 weeks it would be as good as Rift, but it is not, it doing nothing like that, so I can't really see your point here.
this made me laugh.

I want to be clear here. You said that Bioware averages a new content patch every 3-4 months

Now you are aware that we are on patch 1.6. Not including the live events that is 6 content patches in one year.

So in your mind 12 months divided by 6 patches gives 3 to 4 months between content patches.

Skoobie's Avatar


Skoobie
12.21.2012 , 05:50 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
prove that Bioware Austin is only working on one game? ummm ok

http://www.bioware.com/about

done
You need to read the links you post.

That extremely outdated post, from BEFORE Mass Effect 3 & Dragon Age 2 even came out, no where claims that the only game being made in Austin...even at the time, was SWTOR.

You have no idea what projects Bioware may currently be working on in Austin. None.