Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How many subscriptions SWTOR still have?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How many subscriptions SWTOR still have?

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
12.21.2012 , 04:09 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
I said ~500,000 or under, so yes 500,000 is about right.......... not sure how that could be any clearer really.

SoE seems to be going after WoW with its new MMORPG, certainly.

Trion probably not so much, but then it had (and has) a tiny budget and Dev staff compared to SWTOR (or WoW) and yet they put out a phenomenal amount of content.

Turbine with LOTRO? Their biggest problem was not releasing in the early 2000's when LOTR fever was at its peak.
again, you haven't provide ANY evidence. 0 ZIP ZILCH. So I ask again what proof do you have of their expectations.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
12.21.2012 , 04:10 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Considering the speed of content creation they do in fact really NEED to hire more staff, at least 50% more really.
you realize 6 weeks between content patches is incredibly fast. Blizzard averages 4-5 months their record is 11 months between content patches. The only game that might be faster is Rift.

You are also missing the bigger point which is F2P is a success for SWTOR, and they are putting that money BACK INTO the game.

Trevalon's Avatar


Trevalon
12.21.2012 , 04:12 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
again, you haven't provide ANY evidence. 0 ZIP ZILCH. So I ask again what proof do you have of their expectations.
Now now, let's not be a hypocrite - you are saying things too that you have no evidence of either.

For instance you said that Bioware is making money on F2P and putting that money back into the game? Where is the proof of that? How do you know that? What if all the extra cash from the Market is going back to EA? You really have no proof of any claim your making too.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
12.21.2012 , 04:13 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevalon View Post
Now now, let's not be a hypocrite - you are saying things too that you have no evidence of either.

For instance you said that Bioware is making money on F2P and putting that money back into the game? Where is the proof of that? How do you know that? What if all the extra cash from the Market is going back to EA? You really have no proof of any claim your making too.
.... ummm they ARE HIRING NEW EMPLOYEES. You don't hire new employees who cost around 100k+ a year if your game is losing money.

Skoobie's Avatar


Skoobie
12.21.2012 , 04:13 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
.... ummm they ARE HIRING NEW EMPLOYEES. You don't hire new employees who cost around 100k+ a year if your game is losing money.
Now prove that those employess are going to be working on SWTOR.

Trevalon's Avatar


Trevalon
12.21.2012 , 04:16 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
.... ummm they ARE HIRING NEW EMPLOYEES. You don't hire new employees who cost around 100k+ a year if your game is losing money.
Oh Im sorry did you miss my post completely debunking your theory on this issue or are you just choosing to ignore it lol!?

Let me repeat it for you:

You cannot assume that they are hiring those people BECAUSE of F2P - Perhaps those positions are from people who quit to go somewhere else but are essential positions (Note 3/4 are Senior positions) so they must be filled out of necessity.

Just because a company is hiring doesn't mean its increasing its staff size lol! I am a teacher and we hire new teachers all the time to replace retiring people or teachers who quit, but we never add more teachers to the overall number at the school.

So your point there has 0 traction...sorry.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
12.21.2012 , 04:19 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Skoobie View Post
Now prove that those employess are going to be working on SWTOR.
wow you are a kid if you don't know how to read
lets read what one of the job postings at BIOWARE AUSTIN has to say

BioWare Austin is searching for a Senior Technical Artist to join our team.

hmm how many games does Bioware Austin have? Just 1 it's called SWTOR.

You lost kid, go home.

jarjarloves's Avatar


jarjarloves
12.21.2012 , 04:20 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevalon View Post
Oh Im sorry did you miss my post completely debunking your theory on this issue or are you just choosing to ignore it lol!?

Let me repeat it for you:

You cannot assume that they are hiring those people BECAUSE of F2P - Perhaps those positions are from people who quit to go somewhere else but are essential positions (Note 3/4 are Senior positions) so they must be filled out of necessity.

Just because a company is hiring doesn't mean its increasing its staff size lol! I am a teacher and we hire new teachers all the time to replace retiring people or teachers who quit, but we never add more teachers to the overall number at the school.

So your point there has 0 traction...sorry.
i'm a teacher as well and 2 weeks ago they had 6 positions for entry level programers and 3d artists.

So yes you can assume that because of F2P they are hiring more people to fill their ranks.

Skoobie's Avatar


Skoobie
12.21.2012 , 04:21 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
wow you are a kid if you don't know how to read
lets read what one of the job postings at BIOWARE AUSTIN has to say

BioWare Austin is searching for a Senior Technical Artist to join our team.

hmm how many games does Bioware Austin have? Just 1 it's called SWTOR.

You lost kid, go home.
What other projects are they working on?

Roalmo's Avatar


Roalmo
12.21.2012 , 04:22 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
wow you are a kid if you don't know how to read
lets read what one of the job postings at BIOWARE AUSTIN has to say

BioWare Austin is searching for a Senior Technical Artist to join our team.

hmm how many games does Bioware Austin have? Just 1 it's called SWTOR.

You lost kid, go home.
Sorry read the ad's more closely.. they list several games that they have.

And several locations... including in Canada.. strange that.

But, for their senior tech ad they do mention he'll be working on SWTOR. Which is very interesting if you follow the consumer service forum....