Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official swtor solo player-easter egg thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official swtor solo player-easter egg thread

Leigabar
12.20.2012 , 08:26 AM | #11
And THIS is what stopped me from unsubing. Seriously I' will have to solo all FP now to check with all companions.

B.R.
Leigabar

AshlaBoga
12.20.2012 , 11:08 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Leigabar View Post
And THIS is what stopped me from unsubing. Seriously I' will have to solo all FP now to check with all companions.

B.R.
Leigabar
You're going to solo all the flashpoints (other than Collicoid games, and LI) with each companion? That's 41 companions and 15 (out of 17) flashpoints. That's going to take a while.

Tell you what, I'll go solo Maelstrom Prison on my Sentinel to find out what Kilran says so you won't have to do it on a Knight.

And I'll solo SM FE on my Juggernaut to see what Malgus says to a Warrior (probably, "We meet again Wrath").
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

AshlaBoga
12.20.2012 , 11:16 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Gamman View Post
Ah, that's probably it. Only I had unlocked HK at the time when we tried it.

Well I'm currently trying it now, solo. Made it to HK and it worked, but they both said stuff that were a little different than the one quoted above:

HK-51: "Reassurance: The 47 series is an inferior model, master. Easily dismantled."
HK-47: "Correction: Inaccurate! The 47 series remains the pinnacle of Hunter-Killer models! My upgrades further secure my superiority."
I did this on my Sorc so maybe it varies by class. Of course it could vary by faction. Were you on a Pub toon when you did this?

Quote: Originally Posted by Gamman View Post
Well I continued my soloing of The False Emperor. I've made it to Darth Malgus with my Jedi Sentinel, here's what Malgus said to greet me:

Malgus: "Come, Master Jedi. Witness your fleet's destruction."
I updated my original post with your quote - ty Gamman
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

AshlaBoga
12.20.2012 , 12:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentKitty View Post
Oh... I had no idea about this
T'is an honour indeed to have enlightened the Great Kitty. *bows*
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Leigabar
12.20.2012 , 04:09 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
That's going to take a while.
Thats the point This will keep me enjoyed for another 2 months. Not to mention that my main still do not have BH equipment

Gamman
12.20.2012 , 05:13 PM | #16
I did this on my Sorc so maybe it varies by class. Of course it could vary by faction. Were you on a Pub toon when you did this?
Yeah, I did it with my Jedi Sentinel. It could be by faction. Both versions of the HK-51 dialogues we experienced doesn't seem to mention anything specific about our classes. Best of course, if someone could confirm by bringing an HK-51 to HK-47 and noting the dialogue and see if they are similar to ours.
Quote:
I updated my original post with your quote - ty Gamman
No problem. I love soloing content that's normally made for groups in MMO's. It's one of the things I find fun and challenging. And now knowing that their could be easter eggs like these, it's definitely a nice bonus.
Force Watch |Force Supremacy - The Ebon Hawk Server
Gamman Levenforth - Jedi Guardian
Miko - Scoundrel | Fronnia - Sage | Roanna - Commando
Neverus - Juggernaut | Zexana - Sorcerer | Kalmer - Sniper | Guuno - Powertech

Murillio
12.20.2012 , 05:17 PM | #17
There is a Calo Nord reference (he's the bounty hunter from KOTOR) for the BH on Hutta

Forgon
12.20.2012 , 05:18 PM | #18
Stuff like this is cool. I am glad this thread exists.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

SilentKitty
12.22.2012 , 01:58 AM | #19
T'is an honour indeed to have enlightened the Great Kitty. *bows*
Ha ha, thank you!

This is a really fun thread, I'll keep my eyes on it for updates, think I'll try to see some of this myself actually. It is such a great easter egg for soloing. Glad that they put it in the game.

Good job!

Malkavier
12.22.2012 , 07:46 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentKitty View Post
Give us a few leads at least, pretty please
Here are two free Easter Eggs: The starting Imperial base on Hoth, bears more than a passing resemblance to the "abandoned Imperial base" the Rebel Alliance is using during The Empire Strikes Back.

When dealing with a certain datacron on Nar Shadaa: It requires you to choose an activation code to unlock both access to the datacron, and to open the door behind it to make your escape. The proper code to use, is the exact same as the serial number used for the trash compactor door in Star Wars: A New Hope.

Here is a bonus Easter Egg in the spirit of the holiday season:

Halo Reference - While in Talloran Village, the first hut on the right contains an NPC inside for the quest Scavenger Hunt. He is standing next to a table looking at a poster of what looks highly like Master Chief from Halo.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."