Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Most pvp damage for Sentinel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Most pvp damage for Sentinel

PoliteAssasin
12.20.2012 , 09:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Racter View Post
If you guys think focus is bad 1v1 you're not playing it right... Leap crush do whatever smash choke do whatever smash. Almost 100% of the time bads will stun you when you leap out of fear, crush builds your stacks while you're stunned and then you can either break it and smash or wait it out depending on how hard you're getting hit. If you're not ready to smash, target is still out of dispatch range and you start feeling like it's going south, just vanish and run out for another leap.

Pretty much gg. I don't think I've lost a 1v1 to anything other than a sniper or a geared ops opening out of stealth. It's not uncommon to finish this out with full health or pretty close to it. Specific situation that comes to mind, first game as focus, went snow in an acw at start as usual, someone else got trans they had no pred. VC + Zen leap smash crush pacify eat the stun.... smash choke vanish smash cap. lol

Not to say combat can't do that either, but you are way more likely to get your damage gimped by something, stunned during your ravage, etc
Watchman will always beat the other two specs in a 1v1. Sorry to break it to you. Additionally you shouldn't be losing to a sniper as a sentinel.
RP and PVP apprentice of Dreadmaster Zuhara. Ruler of the 7 realms, the 7 seas, and lord of the 18 servers, God save the queen.

wwkingms
12.20.2012 , 10:42 PM | #22
heres my advice for any mara/sentinels

throw your 41 pts in any order in any tree in any slots... it doesnt rly matter

next,

attack someone in a warzone, click one of you 378734 defensive cooldowns, watch them die

great success
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Jaruslothran
12.21.2012 , 04:27 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
heres my advice for any mara/sentinels

throw your 41 pts in any order in any tree in any slots... it doesnt rly matter

next,

attack someone in a warzone, click one of you 378734 defensive cooldowns, watch them die

great success
Quoted for truth.

I get tired of people saying that sentinal is a master class. First time out in pvp with recruit gear and I take top damage. Seriously.. people don't play hard classes. People tend to go toward the easiest most broken and imbalanced classes they can find. Hence, why you see so many sentinals. If you can't win a 1-on-1 fight as a sentinal.. you are fighting another sentinal.

Smash needs to be reduced so all the super smash monkey teams go away. Other trees need to be made more viable .. and combat needs to be made harder.

Right now..

Step 1: Roll a sentinal
Step 2: Target an enemy
Step 3: Smash face on keyboard
Step 4: Profit

Getting old fast.

Furthermore the game should not just focus on who does the most damage. I have seen too many MMO's go that route. Eventually other classes stopped showing up for pvp.. healers,.. tanks.. nothing but dps. I have quit many games like that. The lopsided mentality of DPS DPS DPS DPS will kill the game faster than you can imagine.

PoliteAssasin
12.21.2012 , 05:43 PM | #24
Yeah keep thinking that sents are easy to play right now its pretty obvious who the fotm ones are and who the originals are based on their performance. Don't even kid yourself.
RP and PVP apprentice of Dreadmaster Zuhara. Ruler of the 7 realms, the 7 seas, and lord of the 18 servers, God save the queen.

Jaruslothran
12.21.2012 , 06:23 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Yeah keep thinking that sents are easy to play right now its pretty obvious who the fotm ones are and who the originals are based on their performance. Don't even kid yourself.
Who's kidding who? I ground up all variants of all classes to level 50 to see how each class worked. The best way to beat your opponent is to know what they can and can not do.

Sorry, but sentinal and slam build guardians have to be some of the easiest classes to be successful with. I have been sticking with my Merc now for some time. So don't even TRY to call me a FOTM player. If I was one of those, I would have dumped my broken class a long time ago.

The truth is that sentinal is a very very easy class to play. I am sorry to say that, but it is just fact. People ( being the general masses ) tend to drift toward the easiest to play classes. It is pretty common in MMO's particularly. You have more utility than any class I can think of, while doing insane amounts of damage.

That is why it was so easy to do so well in recruit gear, when I played it for a few days... because it is frankly an unbalanced class. This is why I decided against playing it. I hate FOTM classes and this is FOTY. Been out of whack for a loooong time. Honestly I would not be surprised to see a lot of changes in 1.7. And when it happens.. I will read all the QQ's here from people talking about how balanced sentinal currently is.. but I will not shed 1 tear.

Ramtar
12.21.2012 , 06:29 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Watchman will always beat the other two specs in a 1v1. Sorry to break it to you. Additionally you shouldn't be losing to a sniper as a sentinel.
Not always true. I have beaten my share and have lost my share of 1 v 1 fights with Annihilation Marauders as a Focus Sentinel.

PoliteAssasin
12.21.2012 , 06:30 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Who's kidding who? I ground up all variants of all classes to level 50 to see how each class worked. The best way to beat your opponent is to know what they can and can not do.

Sorry, but sentinal and slam build guardians have to be some of the easiest classes to be successful with. I have been sticking with my Merc now for some time. So don't even TRY to call me a FOTM player. If I was one of those, I would have dumped my broken class a long time ago.

The truth is that sentinal is a very very easy class to play. I am sorry to say that, but it is just fact. People ( being the general masses ) tend to drift toward the easiest to play classes. It is pretty common in MMO's particularly. You have more utility than any class I can think of, while doing insane amounts of damage.

That is why it was so easy to do so well in recruit gear, when I played it for a few days... because it is frankly an unbalanced class. Honestly I would not be surprised to see a lot of changes in 1.7. And when it happens.. I will read all the QQ's here from people talking about how balanced sentinal is.. but I will not shed 1 tear.
Maybe your referring to smash/sweep sents, but the other two specs have learning curves. You're not going to be able to convince me that all of these fotm bad watchmen/combat sents are playing it correctly. It's one thing to dps, its a whole different thing to survive, or dps efficiently. We may have utility, but so do other classes, some have more. Quit QQing.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ramtar View Post
Not always true. I have beaten my share and have lost my share of 1 v 1 fights with Annihilation Marauders as a Focus Sentinel.
Again, bads. A well played watchman vs a well played combat or focus, the watchman will always win. It may not be the best spec to into rateds according to some, but it is a far superior 1v1 spec than the other two.

Jaruslothran
12.21.2012 , 06:58 PM | #28
I am not QQ'ing. This is pretty much how it is. I know people tend to defend their classes, because they want to feel leet, but it is really just this simple.

I play a guardian as well. Smash builds are stupidly easy to play. I admit it. I hate them. Vigilance is my preferred poison. It is unfortunate that they will never put up the same numbers.

P.s., when I played my sentinal, to test it... it was NOT a smash build. Pretty easy to win with all that utility and dps.

You can call this QQ if you wish. I am done talking about it now. I am sure you will have some "witty" reply, but facts are facts. Sentinal is played by so many, because it is so easy to do well with them.

That is just human nature.

PoliteAssasin
12.21.2012 , 07:52 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
I am not QQ'ing. This is pretty much how it is. I know people tend to defend their classes, because they want to feel leet, but it is really just this simple.

I play a guardian as well. Smash builds are stupidly easy to play. I admit it. I hate them. Vigilance is my preferred poison. It is unfortunate that they will never put up the same numbers.

P.s., when I played my sentinal, to test it... it was NOT a smash build. Pretty easy to win with all that utility and dps.

You can call this QQ if you wish. I am done talking about it now. I am sure you will have some "witty" reply, but facts are facts. Sentinal is played by so many, because it is so easy to do well with them.

That is just human nature.
Sure thing boss.

SenseX
12.21.2012 , 09:59 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Racter View Post
Pretty much gg. I don't think I've lost a 1v1 to anything other than a sniper or a geared ops opening out of stealth.
Then you've never fought a good Assassin 1vs1. An Assassin should always win a 1vs1 against a Sentinel, and if he doesn't, he's just crap and should l2p... In fact, an Assassin should win ANY 1vs1, except when fighting a Shadow.