Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Most pvp damage for Sentinel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Most pvp damage for Sentinel

LarryRow
12.20.2012 , 08:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
All specs are capable of doing decent wz dps i've done over 800 with all 3 of them and if i can do it anyone can. Focus is probably the easiest one for big numbers/dps in wzs because its aoe and yes combat is hell to play with bubble stuns everywhere but they all do good dmg.
Yes, we've all had to adjust to open with ranged moves. It sucks because you can't leap in for focus (don't want to waste it) so you are better off with your focus-building saber attack. If it procs Ataru, you are golden, but if not you need to risk a Blade Rush to proc Ataru so you don't waste your Blade Storm on an unprocced attack. Eh, maybe when I gear up a little more I can rely on my Crippling Throw to pop it.

Honestly, this really illustrates how important it is to have an obvious visual indicator for when the bubble will stun you on popping. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there is presently no way to tell if Leap->Gore>Ravage will leave the enemy in a state of severe pain, or just severe rofl.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Youngster
12.20.2012 , 10:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
sh pec is good for heavy melee groups, but isn't that great for 1v1 or as good like a guardian smash spec. A guardian smash is stronger.
no way a focus guardian can beat a focus sent 1v1
worse sentinel ever

LaVall
12.20.2012 , 01:32 PM | #13
1. Focus with the most overall damage due to AOE, however much poorer 1v1 than the other two.
2. Watchman with the most 1v1 damage due to more sustained damage.
3. Combat with the least overall damage. The most burst out of the 3, less sustained damage (than Watchman) and next to 0 AOE. They sacrifice overall damage for great utility and quick burst.

IMO anyways. I have never played focus, so I'm basing my opinion on playing against them.

PoliteAssasin
12.20.2012 , 03:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Youngster View Post
Any guardian for that matter vs any sentinel.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

sirullrich
12.20.2012 , 04:42 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
Get your broom out and start sweeping.
LOL awesome quote!!!

Racter
12.20.2012 , 06:08 PM | #16
If you guys think focus is bad 1v1 you're not playing it right... Leap crush do whatever smash choke do whatever smash. Almost 100% of the time bads will stun you when you leap out of fear, crush builds your stacks while you're stunned and then you can either break it and smash or wait it out depending on how hard you're getting hit. If you're not ready to smash, target is still out of dispatch range and you start feeling like it's going south, just vanish and run out for another leap.

Pretty much gg. I don't think I've lost a 1v1 to anything other than a sniper or a geared ops opening out of stealth. It's not uncommon to finish this out with full health or pretty close to it. Specific situation that comes to mind, first game as focus, went snow in an acw at start as usual, someone else got trans they had no pred. VC + Zen leap smash crush pacify eat the stun.... smash choke vanish smash cap. lol

Not to say combat can't do that either, but you are way more likely to get your damage gimped by something, stunned during your ravage, etc

UGLYMRJ
12.20.2012 , 06:12 PM | #17
Rage/Focus: Biggest over all damage numbers.

Carnage/Combat: Best single target burst damage and team utility

Annihilation/Watchman: Best marauder/sentinel 1v1 spec (IMO) but not viable for rated.

vimm
12.20.2012 , 06:43 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by sirullrich View Post
LOL awesome quote!!!
Hey, it's sithsanity! Hello there.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

vimm
12.20.2012 , 06:44 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Rage/Focus: Biggest over all damage numbers.

Carnage/Combat: Best single target burst damage and team utility

Annihilation/Watchman: Best marauder/sentinel 1v1 spec (IMO) but not viable for rated.
Annihilation is also great for PvE!
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Knockerz
12.20.2012 , 07:36 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Youngster View Post
That's what i meant.
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc