Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Most pvp damage for Sentinel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Most pvp damage for Sentinel

Bassturd
12.20.2012 , 02:57 AM | #1
What spec will give me the most damage in pvp for Jedi Sent? I believe it's between Combat and Focus. I usually average around 300+ but i see some jedi who get like 500+. At the end of the day how do I get to 500+? Right now im combat and I thought you get the most damage out of it because of burst. But people with focus can get a 5 k hit with that smash move. Please help...

Belly
12.20.2012 , 03:47 AM | #2
Combat will give you more single target DPS. But focus gives more damage overall, since it hits multiple people with lol-sweep
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Bassturd
12.20.2012 , 04:11 AM | #3
so your saying combat is better 1v1

PoliteAssasin
12.20.2012 , 05:08 AM | #4
Watchman is the best 1v1. Combat is easily shut down. For the highest overall dps, go with watchman or focus, the latter getting the highest in close quarter warzones like voidstar.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

Knockerz
12.20.2012 , 05:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bassturd View Post
so your saying combat is better 1v1
Combat is the best spec for pvp 1v1. Watchman is garbage due to the nerf. Smash spec is good for group aoe, but isn't very good at 1v1.

Read this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=569424

I originally was a watchman spec, which I used to level and pvp at 50. You won't kill a good healer in pvp or put out enough damage if the healer knows to dispel your dots. It's really that simple. Combat on the other hand with good gear can put enough pressure on a healer, but your a little squish compared to watchman. Only very well geared and experience healers will survive otherwise the healer will die if your left alone. Smash spec is good for heavy melee groups, but isn't that great for 1v1 or as good like a guardian smash spec. A guardian smash is stronger.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

byteresistor
12.20.2012 , 05:42 AM | #6
If you're a solo player, I'd advice to stay away from combat (unless you're willing to respec for it in huttball). Bubble stun will shut down your burst completely in most cases atm.

vimm
12.20.2012 , 05:53 AM | #7
Get your broom out and start sweeping.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Riivu
12.20.2012 , 06:23 AM | #8
lolsmash ftw!
Zenzey
< Harbinger >
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

PoliteAssasin
12.20.2012 , 07:22 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
Combat is the best spec for pvp 1v1. Watchman is garbage due to the nerf. Smash spec is good for group aoe, but isn't very good at 1v1.

Read this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=569424

I originally was a watchman spec, which I used to level and pvp at 50. You won't kill a good healer in pvp or put out enough damage if the healer knows to dispel your dots. It's really that simple. Combat on the other hand with good gear can put enough pressure on a healer, but your a little squish compared to watchman. Only very well geared and experience healers will survive otherwise the healer will die if your left alone. Smash spec is good for heavy melee groups, but isn't that great for 1v1 or as good like a guardian smash spec. A guardian smash is stronger.
This isn't true at all. Watchman was and still is the best 1v1 spec. Even after the heal nerf. As far as killing healers is concerned, If you have trouble doing that then you weren't playing the class right.

Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
Get your broom out and start sweeping.
Lol nice.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

AngusFTW
12.20.2012 , 07:29 AM | #10
All specs are capable of doing decent wz dps i've done over 800 dmg per second with all 3 of them and if i can do it anyone can. Focus is probably the easiest one for big numbers/dps in wzs because its aoe and yes combat is hell to play with bubble stuns everywhere but they all do good dmg.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch