Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level cap and class nerf

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Level cap and class nerf

Capt_Beers
12.20.2012 , 09:10 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
xD commandos would still suck!
I thought about this already.

It will be possible to make an Assualt/Gunnery Hybrid with the CD reset for Full Auto on Grav Round and the reset for HiB on Full Auto.

You'll be able to spec high enough in to the healing tree to get the interrupt proof shield. So Assault Commandos would be able to to spec in to the lower CD on Reactive Shield and the interrupt immunity on Combat Shield.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

iDraxter
12.20.2012 , 09:19 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Riggz View Post

Full juggernaut tanks w/ leap cc immunity
seriously I think you ment full smasher with cc immunity after each leap
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

dejavy
12.20.2012 , 09:25 AM | #13
Fuc*ing lottery. "Congratulations, commandos/mercs get a new very strong channeled ability, hoooraaay!"

Lalainnia
12.20.2012 , 09:25 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I thought about this already.

It will be possible to make an Assualt/Gunnery Hybrid with the CD reset for Full Auto on Grav Round and the reset for HiB on Full Auto.

You'll be able to spec high enough in to the healing tree to get the interrupt proof shield. So Assault Commandos would be able to to spec in to the lower CD on Reactive Shield and the interrupt immunity on Combat Shield.
Yup wish we could do that now.
That Assualt Gunnery Hybrid isnt very ammo friendly, and the interrupt immunity won't do much of anything for Assault tbh considering all the massive buffs other classes/specs would get. Plus if we picked the immunity would miss out on some key gunnery talents

On a side note the Classes that scare me the most if everything stays the same plus the extra 5 points(better not stay the same) are assassins(already have the most hybrids),Juggies with unstoppable and Pyro Pts getting all the flame talents that give those shiny 2k flame bursts while still being able to pick up TD.

I hope bioware moves certain talents around or locks spcefic moves to that tree so it can't be used by the other(this would upset alot of people but idc commandos don't even having working hybrids.)
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Rassuro
12.20.2012 , 10:15 AM | #15
I think it's too early to start worrying about hybrid specs at the moment. We both do not know how BioWare will change the trees, and we do not know how good the new talents will be.

For example, some of the important abilities which could make a hybrid very strong might be moved further down the tree than what they are currently.

Even if the only thing they do is to just add new tiers to the existing trees, it's still not guaranteed that hybrids will be good. As an example, Operative healer with Corrosive Grenade (not that useful IMO but just a simple example), you can already do that right now, but the thing which keeps healers from taking Corrosive Grenade is that Recuperative Nanotech is so good. It's possible that the new abilities which are coming will make the same thing happen with those, you could go hybrid but you won't because it might not be worth it because the new talents might be so good.

Again, there is a lot which we do not know at the moment.
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

Theodulus
12.20.2012 , 10:19 AM | #16
I wouldn't worry about hybrids yet since they said they are expanding the skill trees. You will probably have to spend 33 points or more to get the top tier skill in one tree which would probably kill viable hybrid specs for many classes.

L-RANDLE
12.20.2012 , 11:40 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtBranham View Post
you forgot about rage juggernauts with unstoppable. This would probably be the most overpowered "hybrid" 4 sec of cc immunity and 20% dr on leap. Bubble stun can't compete with that.
Ummmm can't you pretty much do this now?

Rotate between Choke and Enrage? Get some PvE set bonus for Enrage CD buff? Mix in some slash/rav/scream in between?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

UGLYMRJ
12.20.2012 , 12:03 PM | #18
I would hope they're smart enough to arrange the trees a bit to avoid some insane hybrid possibilites. And give sorcs some burst and I'm calling them the next FOTM.

ArchangelLBC
12.20.2012 , 02:45 PM | #19
To late to tell if the new tier of talents will be good enough to discourage hybrids or not, not to mention other class balance things.

As for new abilities, here's my predictions!

Knight/Warrior: Cooldown buffing Bonus Damage and Force Bonus Damage by 20% for 12 seconds, 2 minute CD.
Shadow/Assasin: New defensive cooldown. Maybe armor buff? 2-3 minute cooldown.
Sage/Sorc: Ability which instantly restores 50% of your force, 2 minute cooldown.
Smuggler/Operative: 25% extra Crit rating for 12 seconds, 2 minute CD.
Vanguard/PT: 15% armor penetration for 12 seconds, 2 minute CD.
Commando/Merc: Cooldown which makes the next Hammer Shot/Rapid Shots crit on the first hit.

Calling it now.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Technohic
12.20.2012 , 02:58 PM | #20
I've been working on my crafting and finishing leveling some toons so I will have one of everything in some form, and will be able to make my own augments, nades and stims. Hopefully I have enough time. Seems I haven't been able to get in my SWTOR much lately.

I actually don't care what is FOTM though. If I did, you might actually catch me on my Marauder or Assassin (although I do kind of like the swiss army knife of assassin.) Sniper has been my favorite, but so has my merc at times, and my scoundrel depending on my mood. So it will come down to how fun they are once it goes live and I like having options.