Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What has happened?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What has happened?

-Mythix-
12.20.2012 , 02:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I noticed you said you and your co-workers. Plural. Why didn't you just group up yourselves?

Just a question.
Because that would constitute a pre-made, in which he further detailed how those are ruining the game!!!

Lol

Theodulus
12.20.2012 , 02:38 PM | #12
I noticed you said you and your co-workers. Plural. Why didn't you just group up yourselves?

Just a question.
Maybe his coworkers were bad and he needed to finish his weekly with the help of veterans in the guild? I know I wouldn't take bads on my premade when rolling normal warzones.

WannaSpoon
12.20.2012 , 03:02 PM | #13
Remember how excited the devs where about 1.4and how it was going to fix the unstoppable marauders.

Capt_Beers
12.20.2012 , 03:15 PM | #14
I feel like people are starting use premade as a blanket statement for any team that's good. I have been in all pug teams where people just do what they are supposed to and it works out.

Aside from the fact that just because you put 4 morons on voice chat doesn't mean they all the sudden become PvP gods, you're just as likely to have a premade on your team. Who may or may not just be 4 morons on voice chat. Group up or play smarter. when I pug (almost 100% of my WZ, my guild doesn't PvP nearly as much as I do) I always assume everyone else is terrible and is not going to do anything right.

I'm not hating on anyone, I drive the same way (I always assume the person in front or behind me is insane and will do random unpredictable things). I always assume someone is not calling incs if I see 4 or less red names so I go check if I can. I always look backwards for passes in HB because I know no one is going to go ahead of me. I ask in chat if the other node is okay. It helps people to stay aware and usually helps us win.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | Kee'th 55 Pyrotech

Theodulus
12.20.2012 , 03:17 PM | #15
I feel like people are starting use premade as a blanket statement for any team that's good. I have been in all pug teams where people just do what they are supposed to and it works out.

Aside from the fact that just because you put 4 morons on voice chat doesn't mean they all the sudden become PvP gods, you're just as likely to have a premade on your team. Who may or may not just be 4 morons on voice chat. Group up or play smarter. when I pug (almost 100% of my WZ, my guild doesn't PvP nearly as much as I do) I always assume everyone else is terrible and is not going to do anything right.

I'm not hating on anyone, I drive the same way (I always assume the person in front or behind me is insane and will do random unpredictable things). I always assume someone is not calling incs if I see 4 or less red names so I go check if I can. I always look backwards for passes in HB because I know no one is going to go ahead of me. I ask in chat if the other node is okay. It helps people to stay aware and usually helps us win.
Words of wisdom. If you need to bring a premade to win in normal warzones then you are just plain bad and shouldn't be allowed to queue for PvP.

Larry_Dallas
12.20.2012 , 03:21 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
I've came back after a few months, resubbed to see how is the game. OMG WHAT IS THIS? This is the most insane stun feast I've ever seen, i mean it was bad when i left, but now. Did they nerf every single offensive abilities, all i see is overweighted, middle aged, balding, Jedi stunning the crapp ot of everybody. Is this the new SWTOR PvP?
They changed resolve to allow you to be stunned longer before whitebarring.

Yeah, I didn't understand it then and don't understand it now, either.

ArchangelLBC
12.20.2012 , 03:22 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Words of wisdom. If you need to bring a premade to win in normal warzones then you are just plain bad and shouldn't be allowed to queue for PvP.
I win and lose with premades, but victory is sweeter with people to share it with, and misery loves company when you lose.

Words of Wisdom, if you aren't grouping up with people in an MMO you shouldn't be allowed to play an MMO.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

pixieish
12.20.2012 , 03:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I win and lose with premades, but victory is sweeter with people to share it with, and misery loves company when you lose.

Words of Wisdom, if you aren't grouping up with people in an MMO you shouldn't be allowed to play an MMO.
Hey genius, you know what the G stands for in PUG? No?

But please, by all means, go suggest that they get rid of solo queues. I'm sure that will make things so much better. Better still, seeing how you despise those damned solo queuers, why don't you and your lovely premade stick to ranked games, hm? You know, where you're going up against other groups? Where you can earn those extra ranked points?

-Mythix-
12.20.2012 , 03:33 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by pixieish View Post

But please, by all means, go suggest that they get rid of solo queues. I'm sure that will make things so much better. Better still, seeing how you despise those damned solo queuers, why don't you and your lovely premade stick to ranked games, hm? You know, where you're going up against other groups? Where you can earn those extra ranked points?
Or how about you make friends, and quit blaming your losses on pre-mades?

ArchangelLBC
12.20.2012 , 03:38 PM | #20
Oh good. This debate had sorta died down recently.

Quote:

Got no problem with the solo queuers. Got a problem with people acting like it's the premade's fault they lose when they can do the same exact thing. Saying you're a bad if you use a premade to win a warzone is just plain silly. Almost as silly as not using the tools available to try to get the best outcome. The Imps are damn sure queuing with premades from guilds that PVP a lot. I can either whine about it or group with guildies of my own and try to give as good as I get. I choose the latter. I have no sympathy for anyone who chooses the former.

Ranked is a different animal. Go in with a good comp of well geared and well played players or go do something more productive with your time cause you will get crushed.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd