Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most frustrating thing in Huttball

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Most frustrating thing in Huttball

Capt_Beers
12.20.2012 , 10:41 AM | #11
I happened to be on the upside in this one but I would have been f****** furious had I been on the other team.

I was following our ball carrier healing him. We were on the upper walkway near their goal waiting for the last fire to go down when out of no where a wild Jugg appears. He leaps up and force pushes our ball carrier.

Towards his goal.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 55 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

NoTomorrow
12.20.2012 , 10:42 AM | #12
This is why snipers are important to guard your half of the map. I remember when i was sitting at the goal line with enemy guardian in the pit, i can only imagine him keeping target on me and tapping leap button just in case i moved

No sir! I like my cover!
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

LarryRow
12.20.2012 , 10:43 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RyderQuanTy View Post
I was wishing for friendly fire so i could use my knock back to get him off the bridge
Better yet, make a sage and pull his *** into the fire whenever he stands there. Maybe you could ring a little bell every time you do it, so eventually all he needs to do is hear the bell and he will move.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

rob_y
12.20.2012 , 01:26 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
For the poster that asked what class I was, I'm also a shadow-tank. I'd used up all the tricks I know to get to the fire in that particular case - (mostly force sprint and my cc breaker though). I think my entire team was behind me, trying to DM the other side. If you want to go through the other things I could have done I'm glad to read. Always willing to learn what I don't know (or even what I used to know and forgot ).
Best tip I can think of is to save your tricks for the scoring push, not to get to a middle point ahead of your teammates. If you have a travelling pack of teammates, stay with them until you get a chance to make the final push (or hope that one of them is smart enough to get ahead of you). I can't tell you how frustrating it is to be in a convoy, healing the ball carrier, only to have them leap / sprint ahead faster than you can keep up and then die for some reason or another. If you can leap or sprint to their red zone, go for it, otherwise, don't get too far ahead of your team.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

UGLYMRJ
12.20.2012 , 01:29 PM | #15
More frustrating thing in Huttball...

Ranged DPS firing at the warrior, ball carrier in the pit FROM THE LEDGE OF THEIR OWN ENDZONE!!!.

Seriously... how are people that bad?

That's not even skill... it's common sense.

criminalheretic
12.20.2012 , 02:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
Best tip I can think of is to save your tricks for the scoring push, not to get to a middle point ahead of your teammates. If you have a travelling pack of teammates, stay with them until you get a chance to make the final push (or hope that one of them is smart enough to get ahead of you). I can't tell you how frustrating it is to be in a convoy, healing the ball carrier, only to have them leap / sprint ahead faster than you can keep up and then die for some reason or another. If you can leap or sprint to their red zone, go for it, otherwise, don't get too far ahead of your team.
I'm assuming you mean the ball carrier? Cause for everyone else, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE run ahead of me. You are wide receivers, I am the QB, please run your route, don't stay in to "block".
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Monterone
12.20.2012 , 02:25 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post
No the most infuriating thing in huttball is to have the ball and spend the next 30 seconds "trying" to take 2 steps forward but you can't because you are PERMANENTLY rooted.
^^ This.

If there are two maras on the other side who know what they're doing... you are NOT going to move. It is the the most annoying thing to be rooted for that long and have ZERO resolve to show for it.
Sominette . Saminette
Wrath of Xedrix

Capt_Beers
12.20.2012 , 03:27 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
More frustrating thing in Huttball...

Ranged DPS firing at the warrior, ball carrier in the pit FROM THE LEDGE OF THEIR OWN ENDZONE!!!.

Seriously... how are people that bad?

That's not even skill... it's common sense.
I thought you were good at this game Ugly?

The goal line is the best firing position for a Commando. You can see everywhere so you can mortar volley everyone perfectly and then you can use Hammer Shots to clean up the mess.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 55 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

rob_y
12.20.2012 , 03:55 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
I'm assuming you mean the ball carrier? Cause for everyone else, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE run ahead of me. You are wide receivers, I am the QB, please run your route, don't stay in to "block".
Yes, I do.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

Lintman
12.20.2012 , 05:56 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
This is why snipers are important to guard your half of the map. I remember when i was sitting at the goal line with enemy guardian in the pit, i can only imagine him keeping target on me and tapping leap button just in case i moved

No sir! I like my cover!
Must have been a bad guardian, that is like a gift for me when I'm playing my guardian, I'll just come at you from an angle, force push you out of cover then leap up to you.
Guardian Tank Vengeance Juggernaut
Sharpshooter Gunslinger Hybrid Tanksin
and a litany of alts Healer Operative
It's not about playing the best class spec, but about playing the one you find fun.