Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whoever says this game has no hard PvE hasn't done 16 Man NiM EC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Whoever says this game has no hard PvE hasn't done 16 Man NiM EC

Ephesia
12.27.2012 , 05:16 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
So raiding is a chore to you? How is that fun?

I am not trying to be critical, just trying to understand why people like it.

This is my first MMO, been playing since launch, and I just can't get into the raiding aspect at all.

Which is okay in SWTOR, with it emphasizing alts so heavily.
Not everyone has to like raiding, but what is fun about it is that unlike your opinion it is not always the same thing over and over, each boss and even trash can have different tactics and methods to execute those tactics, and I admit Bioware is doing a good job at it. Fights like Colonel Vorgath, Operator IX are very original fights with quite innovative thinking.

It's like learning to dance in a way the more unforgiving the moves are to execute the better because when you accomplish a difficult dance there is a sense of satisfaction, it is something like that. Not to mention you do this while being in the company of your guildies / friends, so there is a social aspect too.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

uniz
12.27.2012 , 04:15 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by USCG_Davis View Post
The mechanics change for most 16 man fights. Even the first boss we did back in 1.0 or 1.1, the Annihilator droid in Sm EV 16 man, had different mechanics than the 8 man counterpart. I highly suggest that you do a 16 man raid and experience the difference before you jump into a thread like this and embarrass yourself.

And I'm fascinated that you think the UI is the reason for challenging raids. Please, please, please try to explain your justification for that asinine statement.
the ui has no target of target for a ma. ma is a main assist in case you didn't know. you cant heal through the target nor cast though it. also it is a pain to see any debuffs. beside i never said it is "the" reason but rather one of many in which i gave a few examples.

i am sorry i stepped on your toes here but this game isn't at all challenging mechanic wise when you already can go into the zone and do the fights on a lesser mode to learn the basics. this is main point i am trying to make.

also this game has strategy posts and videos on such content taking the skill of learning how to defeat new encounters more of a lesson of video watching and copying than having the skills to figure them out yourself. perhaps i should have added this point also to my first post but didn't.

if the op stated his guild went into ec for the first time and completed it. then noticed it was on nim i would slapped him on the back and say job well done. perhaps then even agree with him. but he didn't and hence for what i said.

Khevar
12.27.2012 , 04:37 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post

i am sorry i stepped on your toes here but this game isn't at all challenging mechanic wise when you already can go into the zone and do the fights on a lesser mode to learn the basics. this is main point i am trying to make.

I don't see this. I think there are a number of challenging mechanics in end-game content.

Just see how long it took someone to do NM 16M EC. It didn't happen in a minute, despite plenty of people with 8 Man NM practice behind their belt.

Have you completed 16M NM EC? If you haven't then it sounds like you're just trying to put down someone else's accomplishment.

Hovergame
12.27.2012 , 09:57 PM | #34
To me, 16 isn't really really a lot harder (in terms of mechanics), but every mistake is leading to a wipe, and the odds are against them