Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whoever says this game has no hard PvE hasn't done 16 Man NiM EC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Whoever says this game has no hard PvE hasn't done 16 Man NiM EC

lmey
12.21.2012 , 12:08 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
sorry but anytime you can go into a zone on easy mode to learn the fight and then go in afterwards doesnt make it "challenging" nor even all that impressive. this is the problem with story, hard and nightmare mode wow clone end game mechanics. it is designed for all to see but really isn't challenging content when you just learn to stand out of the fire and then kill the droids now too.

the mechanics dont make raiding in this game challenging. what does is the lag, players less skilled than they think they are and the below average ui we have to deal with.
It's a wonderfull thing that human language afford us to talk about things we don't even know.

USCG_Davis
12.21.2012 , 04:36 PM | #22
sorry but anytime you can go into a zone on easy mode to learn the fight and then go in afterwards doesnt make it "challenging" nor even all that impressive. this is the problem with story, hard and nightmare mode wow clone end game mechanics. it is designed for all to see but really isn't challenging content when you just learn to stand out of the fire and then kill the droids now too.

the mechanics dont make raiding in this game challenging. what does is the lag, players less skilled than they think they are and the below average ui we have to deal with.
The mechanics change for most 16 man fights. Even the first boss we did back in 1.0 or 1.1, the Annihilator droid in Sm EV 16 man, had different mechanics than the 8 man counterpart. I highly suggest that you do a 16 man raid and experience the difference before you jump into a thread like this and embarrass yourself.

And I'm fascinated that you think the UI is the reason for challenging raids. Please, please, please try to explain your justification for that asinine statement.
Raid Leader for <E>
Prophecy of the Five
Atrýss Leggo'my-agro Haji'go-boom Chive-on Sweetims
I'carry-baddies I'carry-scrubs I'cause-QQ

Dragonbgone
12.21.2012 , 10:19 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by USCG_Davis View Post
The mechanics change for most 16 man fights. Even the first boss we did back in 1.0 or 1.1, the Annihilator droid in Sm EV 16 man, had different mechanics than the 8 man counterpart. I highly suggest that you do a 16 man raid and experience the difference before you jump into a thread like this and embarrass yourself.

And I'm fascinated that you think the UI is the reason for challenging raids. Please, please, please try to explain your justification for that asinine statement.
There's no bell sound when he gets a debuff, it's too hard to look around and find the right spacing so that you're 5 meters away from everyone, he can't just press a button that automatically targets the mobs he wants to target, etc. You know, not being spoon-fed ways to get around mechanics.
. : Messores Republicae : .
Reapers of the Republic

USCG_Davis
12.22.2012 , 09:21 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonbgone View Post
There's no bell sound when he gets a debuff, it's too hard to look around and find the right spacing so that you're 5 meters away from everyone, he can't just press a button that automatically targets the mobs he wants to target, etc. You know, not being spoon-fed ways to get around mechanics.
Ah gotcha. So basically he just wants the UI to tell him how to avoid every mechanic that makes 16 man raids a blast to butt your head against. I'm guessing this guy is a huge fan of the add ons from WoW? You know, the ones that tell you your rotations for you. So glad SW:ToR hasn't gone to that level yet.
Raid Leader for <E>
Prophecy of the Five
Atrýss Leggo'my-agro Haji'go-boom Chive-on Sweetims
I'carry-baddies I'carry-scrubs I'cause-QQ

AshlaBoga
12.25.2012 , 10:54 PM | #25

I like how Uniz hasn't bothered replying here since he got shot down for being a troll. Still, he's not the only delusional player on these forums. There will always be people who go "PvE? lol faceroll play!" as if they have even half a clue what they're talking about.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Khevar
12.26.2012 , 01:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I like how Uniz hasn't bothered replying here since he got shot down for being a troll. Still, he's not the only delusional player on these forums. There will always be people who go "PvE? lol faceroll play!" as if they have even half a clue what they're talking about.
I believe he got stunlocked by a team of Operatives during Forum PvP.

arunav
12.26.2012 , 04:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by arkitip View Post
Uh huh, then gather 16 people and go do it.

That's really all that needs said to the naysayers. Go do it then. Don't start with the excuses about why you can't do 16m.

Besides, the mechanics for Kephess NiM are different then they are for Kephess SM/HM. You might think 2 Warriors in each shield for the Trenchgutter phase shouldn't change much, but it did. That's why several guilds still can't clear that phase and the ones who have cleared it then ran solidly into a brick wall of an enrage timer.

lol@honestly blaming lag and UI.
Why do people have fun doing this? I just don't get it.

Tried to get into the MMO raid thing, and it's just doing the same thing over and over again until a new raid comes out a few months later. Then doing the same thing over and over again.

Is it a function of where people live? Is there nothing better to do?

Ephesia
12.26.2012 , 08:11 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
Why do people have fun doing this? I just don't get it.

Tried to get into the MMO raid thing, and it's just doing the same thing over and over again until a new raid comes out a few months later. Then doing the same thing over and over again.

Is it a function of where people live? Is there nothing better to do?
Same mentality can be used in a lot of chores, such as football where it can be argued it's just 22 men chasing a ball, or let's not go that further, look at PVP, it's always revolving around killing people in other faction.

But need to go in depth to understand, for PVE'ers for example, it's not just same things over and over. If that was the case most PVE'ers would be bored. In fact Bioware itself is well aware of this and they work really hard to provide original encounters in those operations you are mentioning, and they are doing a pretty good job at it. It is never as simple as it seems from afar.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

arunav
12.26.2012 , 11:36 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Same mentality can be used in a lot of chores, such as football where it can be argued it's just 22 men chasing a ball, or let's not go that further, look at PVP, it's always revolving around killing people in other faction.

But need to go in depth to understand, for PVE'ers for example, it's not just same things over and over. If that was the case most PVE'ers would be bored. In fact Bioware itself is well aware of this and they work really hard to provide original encounters in those operations you are mentioning, and they are doing a pretty good job at it. It is never as simple as it seems from afar.
So raiding is a chore to you? How is that fun?

I am not trying to be critical, just trying to understand why people like it.

This is my first MMO, been playing since launch, and I just can't get into the raiding aspect at all.

Which is okay in SWTOR, with it emphasizing alts so heavily.

Khevar
12.26.2012 , 11:56 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by arunav View Post
So raiding is a chore to you? How is that fun?

I am not trying to be critical, just trying to understand why people like it.

This is my first MMO, been playing since launch, and I just can't get into the raiding aspect at all.

Which is okay in SWTOR, with it emphasizing alts so heavily.
I like 3 things about it:

1. It is a cooperative endeavor, requiring coordination with other people.
2. It is challenging, requiring skill, reaction time and patience.
3. I frequently make friends with the other good raiders.

A part of #2 is a sense of personal improvement. SM EC used to be practically impossible to me. Now HM TfB is something I feel confident about. It's a good feeling to know you've gotten markedly better as a player.