Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whoever says this game has no hard PvE hasn't done 16 Man NiM EC

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Whoever says this game has no hard PvE hasn't done 16 Man NiM EC

AshlaBoga
12.19.2012 , 03:34 PM | #1
NiM EC hit live November 15th 2012.

ACE took NiM EC Kephess down on December 19th 2012.
34 days later.

Here's a WoW link for all 4.1 prior bosses - Everything prior to Fireland.

As you can clearly see this is the first SWTOR boss that would have a place in our "Boss Hall of Fame." As such I look forward to there being an 8 man boss that takes this kind of time and effort in the future (us 8 mans are feeling neglected here).

Again, congrats to ACE on proving that NiM EC 16 Man wasn't overtuned, but tuned JUST right.

I am trembling with anticipation for NiM TFB

Edit: Sorry, put Friendly Fire by mistake in post, it's been corrected.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Donalj
12.19.2012 , 03:42 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post

Friendly Fire took NiM EC Kephess down on December 19th 2012.
34 days later.

As you can clearly see this is the first SWTOR boss that would have a place in our "Boss Hall of Fame." As such I look forward to there being an 8 man boss that takes this kind of time and effort in the future (us 8 mans are feeling neglected here).

Again, congrats to Friendly Fire on proving that NiM EC 16 Man wasn't overtuned, but tuned JUST right.

Guild was Ace, not FriendlyFire...
Donal - Xarea - Pasta - Wotsit - Vebbeg - Potential - Greengiant
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

arkitip
12.19.2012 , 03:45 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post

Friendly Fire took NiM EC Kephess down on December 19th 2012.
34 days later.

Again, congrats to Friendly Fire on proving that NiM EC 16 Man wasn't overtuned, but tuned JUST right.

And honestly, NiM Kephess 16m is in fact overtuned, just like tanks were.

DarkhorseForLife
12.19.2012 , 03:47 PM | #4
I think you meant Ace.
Moxboss, Founder of now defunct <Memories of Xendor> on POT5
Darkhorse, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

Fardarter
12.19.2012 , 04:24 PM | #5
I don't think WoW raiding is all that impressive. I played wow in the beginning, it was harder at the beginning, even then it was significantly easier to raid in that game than everquest was. WoW is the benchmark because that game is so accessible. Overall I think that is a good thing. EQ through the first several expansions anyway was extremely challenging. In WoW a few over-geared players could generally carry the rest of the raid since the content is designed around so few people. WoW did away with 40 man content pretty early on if I remember correctly because they felt it was too much. Contrast that with EQ that had 72, YES SEVENTY TWO! man raids! You think organizing 20 people is difficult...

Since then even EQ has dialed that number back. I would imagine it is more a function of being 14 years old than anything else. I miss the hige raids but I simply font have that type of time anymore we are better off as players but the raids are less epic for sure.

sang
12.19.2012 , 05:23 PM | #6
Super congrats to AcE for the accomplishment. I honestly just wish there were more 16m guilds in SWTOR. Most of the best NA 16m guilds coincidentally all play on the same server and it has become very difficult to keep a full 16m raid going. For us, since the death of CKN, we have been trying very hard to rebuild, but unfortunately its quite hard to find enough dedicated people willing to put the time into raiding at such a level.

Again, major hat tip to AcE!
Twitch StreamYouTube VoDs

Sanglol - Sangpt - Sangsin - Sangptz - Sangzrd - Sangzly - Sangmerc - Sanglul - Sangadow - Sangrawr - Sangocity

AshlaBoga
12.19.2012 , 05:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by sang View Post
Super congrats to AcE for the accomplishment. I honestly just wish there were more 16m guilds in SWTOR. Most of the best NA 16m guilds coincidentally all play on the same server and it has become very difficult to keep a full 16m raid going. For us, since the death of CKN, we have been trying very hard to rebuild, but unfortunately its quite hard to find enough dedicated people willing to put the time into raiding at such a level.

Again, major hat tip to AcE!
I was wondering why their site was always down, guess they're 1.5KCKN now.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Raekor
12.19.2012 , 07:26 PM | #8
So far the hardest part for us is getting 16 good players on without connection issues. Tried a couple of times, but then gave up as there is no benefit over 8 man.

Pity, I would like to do it just to say I have done it.

ChikenSammichPie
12.20.2012 , 12:44 AM | #9
Most of the highest ranked guilds have quit the game. Let's check some of the websites for the world ranked guilds from EC HM, shall we?

Millennium - No longer lists SWTOR on their website
Condemned - Website gone, presumably disbanded
Legacy Of Matukal - On their website, they're back to WoW
The Remnant - Website not updated, presumably disbanded
Nerfed - Website inactive, presumably disbanded
Lethal Dose 50 - Active
Retribution - Back to WoW
Instinct - Back to WoW
Thirteen Thirty Seven - Back to WoW
Ambient - Disbanded
Working as Intended - No news posted for NiM EC on their site
Nightmares Asylum - Website not updated, presumably disbanded
Nostrum Dolus - Active
Might - Back to WoW
Methodical - Mostly back to WoW, some members may still be here
Chosen - Active
Anomaly - Back to WoW
Cali Killed Nox - Disbanded

lmey
12.20.2012 , 03:29 AM | #10
So considering that most of real PVE HL players are gone...
GG to the guilds which continue to do 16 HM... Because even in these guilds... that's not always an easy thing to find 16 real PVE HL player.