Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Major mission bug, dissatisfaction with handling by customer service.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Major mission bug, dissatisfaction with handling by customer service.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VicinityProxy
12.19.2012 , 02:42 PM | #1
After being contacted by customer service twice with no resolution other than "please create a bug ticket" (which I have done thrice), I've decided to re-created my request. This issue came to surface nearly two weeks ago, and still no fix, despite multiple communications with customer service.

I'll copy and paste the issue as I have done:

"I had completed the mission "Multiple Fronts", I had the required amount of five "Droid Memory Cores", but my mission tracker would not update from "4/5" to "5/5". I logged out and then back in, to find that the tracker for the mission had vanished, but it was still in the quest log. This time with the update of "5/5" (all other objectives were also completed before hand), but it wouldn't move me on to my next objective. I abandoned the obviously bugged/glitched mission (the reset button did not work) to pick it up again, hopefully un-bugged. But now I can not pick up the mission from anywhere, nor any of it's prerequisite missions. I'd very much like to do this story-arch as it is a major one in the Alderaan series, that also leads to the Bonus Series. Hopefully the tech support team can resolve this issue for me.

I've also tried resolving the issue myself with the help from other players, with the method of sharing the mission or it's earlier missions. No luck. "

As previously stated, I have reported the issue as a bug (both via in game ticket, and through e-mail as requested), as well as request an immediate solution to the issue, which I feel has gone ignored. I request an immediate solution to this yet again, as I've fallen victim to an unprecedented bug.

At this point, I'd like to express my dissatisfaction with the service I've received, as well as the speed of which I've received my replies. I've been a huge fan since the development stages, I've been a well paying customer since launch, I've been making large transactions on the Cartel Market and have been a constant subscriber. Due to the amount of credit I've invested into playing this game, I'd have expected to fall back on strong support should any issue arise (such as this). Perhaps I was mistaken, but I duly hope not.

I request that the mission be re-added into my mission log or that it is made able to be picked up again. I feel that this issue was unavoidable and at this stage game-breaking for me. If yet another bug report is required, I'd be inclined to write a full report, detailing any specifics requested.

Thank you for reading, I hope this will be dealt with soon.
“When a Library expels a book of mine and leaves an unexpurgated Bible lying around where unprotected youth and age can get hold of it, the deep unconscious irony of it delights me and doesn’t anger me.” - Mark Twain

VicinityProxy
12.20.2012 , 11:41 AM | #2
Bump. I won't let this be ignored or pushed back. This is a major issue that has the possibility to occur with other players, or may have all ready occurred with other players and it needs a satisfactory solution ASAP.
“When a Library expels a book of mine and leaves an unexpurgated Bible lying around where unprotected youth and age can get hold of it, the deep unconscious irony of it delights me and doesn’t anger me.” - Mark Twain

VicinityProxy
12.21.2012 , 06:34 AM | #3
Still no response after two days. I am disappointed. Perhaps I was right to doubt the service team after all. If this matter is not dealt with promptly, my subscription will be canceled.

Bronholz
12.21.2012 , 07:05 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings VicinityProxy,

Thanks for contacting us.

At this point once a main Planetary mission has been abandoned, as you have experienced, it is not possible to reacquire it. We are also unable to grant this mission to your character.

You can still continue your characters progress as your class missions will lead you to the next planet. As you won't be able to continue on the planet mission you may need to level through alternative means until you can move to the next planet (PvP, Flashpoints).

We understand the frustration this will cause, but at this time there is no other steps that can be taken.

Thank you.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

VicinityProxy
12.21.2012 , 08:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings VicinityProxy,

At this point once a main Planetary mission has been abandoned, as you have experienced, it is not possible to reacquire it. We are also unable to grant this mission to your character.

You can still continue your characters progress as your class missions will lead you to the next planet. As you won't be able to continue on the planet mission you may need to level through alternative means until you can move to the next planet (PvP, Flashpoints).

We understand the frustration this will cause, but at this time there is no other steps that can be taken.

Thank you.
I appreciate the reply, but this is unacceptable. The mission was rendered completely invalid, and no other option was available other than to abandon it (as previously stated, resetting the mission proved to be futile). I should not be excluded from what I feel is a vital part of the game (story, the fourth pillar which was made such a selling point for this game) because of bad coding. This should be rectified, lest my subscription be canceled and all future funds for this game be spent elsewhere until a fix is issued (either directly to myself or through a patch).

Don't let me or the community down for something that isn't our fault. This issue and the bug I've experienced should be rectified immediately.

I expect a prompt reply. I'm not going to drop this.

GeKaLoN
12.21.2012 , 08:53 AM | #6
Call phone support (lol)

VicinityProxy
12.21.2012 , 08:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GeKaLoN View Post
Call phone support (lol)
I'd have more luck dodging rain in a thunder storm.

VicinityProxy
12.21.2012 , 11:54 AM | #8
Bumping. I need another reply.

CarpeSangrea
12.21.2012 , 01:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings VicinityProxy,

Thank you.
This is honestly your response? "Sorry, you are just SOL"

The customer service here is insulting and a complete joke.

VicinityProxy
12.21.2012 , 01:57 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CarpeSangrea View Post
This is honestly your response? "Sorry, you are just SOL"

The customer service here is insulting and a complete joke.
I'm inclined to agree. I'll keep pushing this until I get a real result.