Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Suggestions...

Maaruin
02.19.2013 , 10:42 AM | #121
I'm still advocating

Darth Nox vs Barsen'thor (with all their resources at the end of the game*)

*not exactly, Barsen'thor before the ending ceremony and Darth Nox after the ending ceremony so they have all their resources at their disposal.

Edit: Another interesting combatant would be ESB Admiral Piett (including General Veers' ground troops).
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Aurbere
02.19.2013 , 12:17 PM | #122
What about Empress Teta (including Odan-Urr or Ooroo as they were crucial in the defense of the Koros system)? Her forces fought well against Naga Sadow's vast illusions.

Only problem is that the size of the Tetan forces is unknown. Then again, we don't know the numbers of many of the previous combatants.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Warren-Stride
02.19.2013 , 07:59 PM | #123
Sorry, this is kinda off-topic.

Does anyone else find it a tad strange that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place were all taken by galactic powers that existed within about 50 years of each other? The Old Republic was a dangerous time. 0_o
G0-T0 - "Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating."
Guri - "I am what I am. I don't think there can be any salvation for me."
PROXY - "I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to kill you myself."
HK-01 - "The Great Droid Revolution will not fail."

Aurbere
02.19.2013 , 08:37 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Sorry, this is kinda off-topic.

Does anyone else find it a tad strange that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place were all taken by galactic powers that existed within about 50 years of each other? The Old Republic was a dangerous time. 0_o
It is interesting, but look at the final two combatants. Seems the big winners are people who hide in the shadows. We shouldn't be surprised. Sidious did take over the galaxy through shadow play.
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

GarfieldJL
02.19.2013 , 10:50 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I can't think of anyone who can really beat Thrawn. Someone out there could give him a challenge, but he could outwit anyone. He can make something out of nothing. You would have to pit him against a Galactic Government in order to have a good match-up, and we saw what happened when he went up against the New Republic. If it weren't for the Noghri, Thrawn would have swept the New Republic aside.
Pelleon could maybe take on Thrawn successfully, and that's because Pelleon was Thrawn's protege.

Garm Bel Iblis was the only guy that I recall that actually could go toe to toe against Thrawn, but then the Corellian was fairly unorthodox.

Bird_of_Thunder
02.19.2013 , 11:53 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
I'm still advocating

*not exactly, Barsen'thor before the ending ceremony and Darth Nox after the ending ceremony so they have all their resources at their disposal.

Edit: Another interesting combatant would be ESB Admiral Piett (including General Veers' ground troops).
Barsen'thor and Nox would have to both be the same AC based on assumption. Does Nox have the ghosts? Does the Barsen'thor have some kind of advantages like Force ghosts?

Assuming they're Sage and Sorcerer, we're seeing an interesting fight here
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Aurbere
02.19.2013 , 11:55 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Pelleon could maybe take on Thrawn successfully, and that's because Pelleon was Thrawn's protege.

Garm Bel Iblis was the only guy that I recall that actually could go toe to toe against Thrawn, but then the Corellian was fairly unorthodox.
Pallaeon did come into his own after Thrawn was killed, and even noted that he carried some of Thrawn with him. It is not out of the question for Pallaeon to go toe to toe with Thrawn, but that would mainly come from his experience in working with the Grand Admiral.

Garm on the other hand. He managed to go toe to toe with Thrawn, but IIRC Thrawn managed to gain the upper hand in their engagements. However, he did hold his own quite well.

GarfieldJL
02.20.2013 , 02:08 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Pallaeon did come into his own after Thrawn was killed, and even noted that he carried some of Thrawn with him. It is not out of the question for Pallaeon to go toe to toe with Thrawn, but that would mainly come from his experience in working with the Grand Admiral.

Garm on the other hand. He managed to go toe to toe with Thrawn, but IIRC Thrawn managed to gain the upper hand in their engagements. However, he did hold his own quite well.
Actually Garm was outnumbered in one engagement to begin with, and managed to get his forces out of there successfully.

TBH if Thrawn had been around when the Vong were starting their rampage, the NJO series would have been at most 3 books, where Thrawn ends up doing a savage beatdown. Thrawn and Luke Skywalker on the same side, the Vong wouldn't have stood a chance.

Beniboybling
02.20.2013 , 05:37 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
I'm still advocating

Problem here is that the Barsen'thor as an entire army at his/her disposal. Whereas Nox's confirmed powerbase consists of a few fleets and no real ground forces to speak of. And Barsen'thor (as far as I'm aware) only possesses ground forces...

Aurbere
02.20.2013 , 11:45 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Actually Garm was outnumbered in one engagement to begin with, and managed to get his forces out of there successfully.

TBH if Thrawn had been around when the Vong were starting their rampage, the NJO series would have been at most 3 books, where Thrawn ends up doing a savage beatdown. Thrawn and Luke Skywalker on the same side, the Vong wouldn't have stood a chance.
I believe Palpatine was preparing for the Vong invasion. Besides having Thrawn pacify the Unknown Regions (which he did), Palpatine had sent him to find the Vong. So he was looking for them.

IMO, the Empire would have crushed the Vong. SSD's that can destroy a ship with a single shot, the Death Star, the Galaxy Gun, an unlimited army, Thrawn, and Palpatine himself would be more than enough to crush the Vong.

But had Thrawn survived, or been with the New Republic, the Vong wouldn't stand a chance. Putting Luke and Rogue Squadron under the command of Thrawn? Yeah, no way the Vong would get anywhere.

Edit: How about Garm Bel Iblis and his private militia as a suggestion for the Bonus series? Garm vs. Kota maybe?