Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Truth about SWTOR's Competitive PvP and how to fix it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Truth about SWTOR's Competitive PvP and how to fix it.

-Mythix-
12.19.2012 , 12:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Fayme View Post
3. Ability to chose the warzone you want to play

5. Single player queuing for ranked matches
Awful ideas.

UGLYMRJ
12.19.2012 , 12:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
It baffles my mind how you want xserver queses over class balance. Even if you get your xserver queues you will still be facing the same exact team setups.
Just for the sake of argument... let's use the king of all MMO's.

WoW... 8 years later. Still not balanced...

I dare you to look on any MMO forum or play any other MMO and say it's significantly more well balanced than this game.

My point is that if we wait on class balance before other changes... we will never see change.

Antipodes
12.19.2012 , 12:26 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
...and despite that WoW's arena actually added to its player population and sales increase by a gigantic fold. It is quite a success. Despite however angry you may be at its class inbalance.
Just saying Season 8 was one of the worst season, so I'm not sure why you highlight it. It was the last season I played after getting burned out on farming PvE (Icecrown) for PvP gear. The season was so long and stagnant that I still got Glad even after quitting for 3-4 months.

JustinxDuff
12.19.2012 , 12:27 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Just for the sake of argument... let's use the king of all MMO's.

WoW... 8 years later. Still not balanced...

I dare you to look on any MMO forum or play any other MMO and say it's significantly more well balanced than this game.

My point is that if we wait on class balance before other changes... we will never see change.
Warhammer and DAOC are much more balanced than ToR specifically from a class standpoint.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Xinika
12.19.2012 , 12:28 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
Just saying Season 8 was one of the worst season, so I'm not sure why you highlight it. It was the last season I played after getting burned out on farming PvE (Icecrown) for PvP gear. The season was so long and stagnant that I still got Glad even after quitting for 3-4 months.
Because it's true? S7/S8 were excellent seasons for Blizzard's gain in profit. Also, I did quit for a while, came back and got Gladiator similar to you. Class Balance is an unimportant feat. (Though I do not agree with that)
Profit is what matters to these companies.

Players need to realize that.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

Motoeric
12.19.2012 , 12:31 PM | #26
well said OP,

smaller battle type PvP (arena) and adding DR to Resolve would be a big step in the right direction
Trollmage <Don't Panic> The Bastion

Fayme
12.19.2012 , 12:49 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
1. Fix resolve system correctly this timeyep, no brainer.
2. Cross sever queuesShould be in.
3. Ability to chose the warzone you want to playThis is where I do not agree with. The matches should be random and whether it be you get to choose your map for ranked or regs you will get groups focusing on particular maps where certain classes have more of an advantage and that should not be the case. Giving the player the choice makes them more likely to play, limit to reg. only then.
4. Match-making system for ranked matchesThis will be needed more than ever now that WH is starting to level the playing field and more teams are going to start doing ranked (hopefully)
5. Single player queuing for ranked matchesnot a fan and I never liked having the idea of you being ranked for anything with 7 random members. I am not a fan of this either but it is needed if the new gear was only obtainable through doing ranked matches, see next item.
6. New commendations for new gear only obtainable through ranked matchesOnly if the gear is cosmetic only. Should not release any sort of advantage through ranking of any kind. I honestly don't feel cosmetic alone is enough incentive to play ranked matches and ranked is suffering enough as it is, if the next tier was only available through ranked, everyone would play get rating and be solo queued within the same rating level.
7. Arena style system for 4 players and below (ranked and regular)I would be down if they can get all classes to actually be within 5% of each other.
8. Large scale warzones for 16 players and aboveIf the engine could handle it I would love to see large scale battles, I mean there is a war going on after all.
I understand what you are saying, and I do agree with you, but I'd like to see ranked warzones flourish, and the only way to see that is to offer more of an incentive to play them.
SWTOR PvP = nerf teams of stunlocking operatives to create teams of stunlocking [insert any AC here]

Antipodes
12.19.2012 , 12:59 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
Because it's true? S7/S8 were excellent seasons for Blizzard's gain in profit. Also, I did quit for a while, came back and got Gladiator similar to you. Class Balance is an unimportant feat. (Though I do not agree with that)
Profit is what matters to these companies.

Players need to realize that.
Arena was the most fun I've had in WoW. I'm just disagreeing that S8 was height of it. Attendance was far better during TBC, but hey, I think it was mostly due to the rewards being easier/more appealing back then.

I would like Arena in this game but I don't know if it would be successful. SWTOR feels like it needs an (real) expansion to introduce deeper mechanics.

I agree with you on how stupid objectives can be in this game. 25 minute CW games that are decided in the first minute (whoever caps side node first) is poor game design.

Xinika
12.19.2012 , 01:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
Arena was the most fun I've had in WoW. I'm just disagreeing that S8 was height of it. Attendance was far better during TBC, but hey, I think it was mostly due to the rewards being easier/more appealing back then.

I would like Arena in this game but I don't know if it would be successful. SWTOR feels like it needs an (real) expansion to introduce deeper mechanics.

I agree with you on how stupid objectives can be in this game. 25 minute CW games that are decided in the first minute (whoever caps side node first) is poor game design.
I see your points. That's understandable.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

-Mythix-
12.19.2012 , 01:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Fayme View Post
I understand what you are saying, and I do agree with you, but I'd like to see ranked warzones flourish, and the only way to see that is to offer more of an incentive to play them.
The incentive is for competitve matches; not for "fluff" or for "solo players".

/end