Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ashara Zavros useless?

Relith
02.29.2012 , 01:35 PM | #71
I forget where I saw it, but someone did a breakdown of the companions and their dps in different specs against some mob with a lot of hp. It wasnt very exhaustive, he just did 3-4 runs per setup, but a general theme emerged.

Ashara DPS with bleed > Ashara with armor penetration > Andro (in sniper since it was single target) > Khem Val (obviously)

The numbers were close in the grand scheme of things for the DPS options. Ashara with bleed did like 10-15% more dps than Andro in sniper. Everyone was in the same gear...centurion, or tionese or something along those lines. Khem val DPS was something like 50% or 60% of the DPS classes.

All this said, I prefer Khem val as my companion 95% of the time. WHen I need DPS, I use Andro. Why? Because range is great. First of all, AOE isnt a problem. And If a fight is close i can run a circle around andro while he does his cast time abilities for mega damage. I'd like for ashara to be better though. Two lightsabers is pretty sexy....plus, shes supposedly my wife...but im pretty sure I kill her every time I do boarding party.

MissJuly
02.29.2012 , 02:06 PM | #72
50 sin here.

From a Deception point of view the healer companion was my bread and butter once i got him. When i Finaly got Xelek I geared him in columi / Champ gear. His dps compined with mine is outstanding. Ashara just can't compare.

Kantoro
02.29.2012 , 02:09 PM | #73
In testing, Ashara out dpses Revel on single target.

In 20+ attempts against the same mob with 130k health, Ashara does roughly 13% more dps. ( Yes, I farm mobs for orange drops )

577dps vs 505dps. The gear I have them in is as close to the same as I can get it, the level 51 purple mods from dailies. I could post my numbers on each attempt, but the people who like revel will say it is anecdotal. In my testing with a stopwatch and zero help from me, Ashara does better dps in Exsanguination stance against a single target. On packs, Revel does better, but it is much harder to test.
Stupid should be painful.
Thorns shall not bar my path, I am the Thornwalker.

Kantoro
02.29.2012 , 02:10 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Relith View Post
I forget where I saw it, but someone did a breakdown of the companions and their dps in different specs against some mob with a lot of hp. It wasnt very exhaustive, he just did 3-4 runs per setup, but a general theme emerged.

Ashara DPS with bleed > Ashara with armor penetration > Andro (in sniper since it was single target) > Khem Val (obviously)

The numbers were close in the grand scheme of things for the DPS options. Ashara with bleed did like 10-15% more dps than Andro in sniper. Everyone was in the same gear...centurion, or tionese or something along those lines. Khem val DPS was something like 50% or 60% of the DPS classes.

All this said, I prefer Khem val as my companion 95% of the time. WHen I need DPS, I use Andro. Why? Because range is great. First of all, AOE isnt a problem. And If a fight is close i can run a circle around andro while he does his cast time abilities for mega damage. I'd like for ashara to be better though. Two lightsabers is pretty sexy....plus, shes supposedly my wife...but im pretty sure I kill her every time I do boarding party.
That was me, I am up over 20 reps (each companion) now. With the same results.

scootle
02.29.2012 , 02:57 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
That was me, I am up over 20 reps (each companion) now. With the same results.
That is excellent info... and is in-line with reports on the BH forums in debates of Gault vs. Torian dps (our companion mirrors).

Just curious... on Ashara do you just stack +power on her to maximize the bleed DoT?

Thanks for doing this!
utinni!!!

Kantoro
02.29.2012 , 03:01 PM | #76
No, actually, I stack Str if I have a choice, as far as secondary stats, I would value Power > Crit > Surge > Accuracy.

Solemnone
02.29.2012 , 03:59 PM | #77
Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more with most of the posts here. Get her a full set of orange gear, balance out her endurance, while keeping strength just a slight bit higher and make sure you either make her blue mods/Armor mods and let the DPS fly. I'm not healing specked so maybe that is why I can utilize her so easily. Put a static shield on her, send her in, lightning storm, add another shield to her, use your chain lightening proc and bam, it's over.

This worked from the moment I got her to lv50, although with some adjustments to my rotation, (hadn't aquired lightening storm yet, at least i don't think i had) and we can take on anything. I have trouble with 2 silver strongs, but that has nothing to do with Ashara, they destroy Khem all the same; so I just cc one, turn off Ashara's AOE, burn one down and then the other.

Ashara for me is a great tank, with awesome DPS; especially after you get her the hilts from belsavis dailies. Does she lose aggro? Absolutely, but I have my static shield up, and enough HP to handle the mobs till their dead. If that isn't an option, I bubble, knock back, cloud mind and let her beat on them longer.

The only time I can actually say that I've died with Ashara is when a group of unexpected adds has shown up. Other than that I'm soloing all +2 heroics, and happy. Try out the tips I gave you, I think you will be suprised. Making your own armor mods is nice, but not necessary. Buy her good armor mods with commendations; you can try the GTN, but usually anything useful on there is so overpriced that I refuse to buy it.

Anyway, just my two cents. I leveled all the way to 50 using only Ashara once she was available, and it's been smooth sailing.
Bringer of Death.

crunchybacon
02.29.2012 , 04:44 PM | #78
This is more about playstyle than which companion is better.

From a madness sorc's perspective:

Ashara can't hold aggro but does awesome single target dps. This lends to a playstyle that focuses on cc's and fast kills, one target at a time.

Khem holds aggro extremely well and will get the mobs all bunched for aoe. Throw a bubble on him and cleave the living **** out of packs.

Both options work, just pick the one you personally like best.

I prefer Khem myself, together we have a tank/dps/healer all rolled into a well oiled death machine. I just like the synergy.

Akash
02.29.2012 , 10:35 PM | #79
I use her as my main companion. But I play Assassin, tank role and I don't want her to have aggro.

Her dps is quite good, though she has no sense about where to stand and just insists on moving to in front of the mob and eating conal aoe.
Memnon - 50 Commando ~ Untagonis - 50 Juggs
Adepta - 50 Sniper ~ Khatovar - 50 Sin ~ Varpaal - Mid level Sin
Antagonis - Mid level Operative ~ Jenize - Mid level Sentinel
Osanobua - Mid level Merc ~ Ka'Tahar - Mid level Juggs

Gitsumkikin
12.10.2012 , 09:46 PM | #80
I have a 41 Sorc, I geared Ashara up with leftover comms from Taris and Hoth, she puts out a ton of dps. Anytime I get useless customizable gear I strip the pieces that will improve her and slap em in where they are an improvement. I figure I can keep her up to speed and very useful doin it this way.