Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ashara Zavros useless?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Ashara Zavros useless?

Harambee
12.24.2011 , 10:36 PM | #21
Does she ever gain light side points? I just got her, and i had a Orange Lightsaber waitng for her...however it requires Light I and above (stupid...)

through affection does she get light-side points or can she just not equip this item as companions stay neutral?
IT'S A TRAP!

Darth_Vicente
12.24.2011 , 10:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Harambee View Post
Does she ever gain light side points? I just got her, and i had a Orange Lightsaber waitng for her...however it requires Light I and above (stupid...)

through affection does she get light-side points or can she just not equip this item as companions stay neutral?
Companions use the player's alignment.
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nšeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

Ashnazg
12.24.2011 , 11:27 PM | #23
Imho Ashara is in every way inferior to Revel.

Revel does comparable (actually, IMO bigger since he doesn't need to "travel" to the target) dps, can tank just as well as Ashara (both wear medium), and is ranged, therefore he is not in danger of soaking up random aoes AND you can kite a mob around while Revel blasts him effortlessly, which isn't the case with Ashara, since she needs to keep up with the mob.

So for the DPS spot, I'd have a hard time justifying picking up her over Revel.

For tank spot, Khem and Xalek are identical, so its your personal preference.

I used to play a dps sorc with Revel, but I've seen the light and I respecced to heals + Xalek. DPS playstyle is a slow motion picture compared to this. I'm using Xalek to gather 10-12 mobs and blast them with Storm for quick questing and adrenaline rush. With a full heal spec, mana is never an issue, and keeping him or yourself up isn't difficult either.

Rhazesx
12.24.2011 , 11:38 PM | #24
I spent about 200k putting her in blues and purples it was a waste.. Still low damage and still bleeds like every hit was to her jugular. If your only fighting weak mobs she is ok if you stand in middle and use force storm...

I had a level 43 friend help me get Xalek at level 40. Best time investment ever.

lokdron
12.24.2011 , 11:48 PM | #25
Yeah khem val was getting his *** beat at higher levels and I got tired of it when I hit voss so i blasted through my class quests to get xalek he is an awesome tank with a cool voice and I never regret doing it so now I can finally do side quests without ressing my tank after each pull. I mean he dies sometimes but not as much as khem.

MacDaddyTMT
12.26.2011 , 02:10 AM | #26
She's useless. Andronikus is far better dps.

Onager
12.26.2011 , 04:36 AM | #27
I recently improved her gear, and will see how she stands up, but I'm with the Andronikos Revel crowd here. He doesn't have to travel, I think his defensive CD lasts longer (not certain) and he simply outputs higher DPS than she does.

And her coloration is completely wrong for a Togruta. There, I said it. All the yellow on her face should be crimson or rust. I shouldn't have to buy an authenticator just to have her face make sense from a SW lore canon standpoint. Her sith ancestor was colored fine. Actually hell, I'd rather have him as a companion.
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

Revhenge
12.26.2011 , 06:31 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MacDaddyTMT View Post
She's useless. Andronikus is far better dps.
I totally agree. DPS Sorc here using Andronikus all the time atm. I am lvl 37. Sometimes he dies, but its rare and I usually can take out groups with my health about 50% if there are elites involved (one mixws in a group let's say) I can't see myself ever using Ashara for anything but sowing my robes on the ship. She has a bonus for it <grin>

Seriously, she just annoys the heck out of me. Whiny and just plain annoying.

Anelyn
12.26.2011 , 06:56 AM | #29
Dunno for class Q bosses I prefer KV, I am deception spec and can't last even in tank stance using cds and hp pot vs a champ with 4-6x my hp. Having KV and taunting off him while putting the pain on them is way more better.

On Tattoine for example when you get Andronicus to kill the merc in the bunker, I could not pull it off with Andronicus dps, got boss to 25% and I died. Popped KV for next attempt and we killed him with KV at 50% hp in less time.

darkonnis
12.26.2011 , 07:24 AM | #30
I get what you are saying but, as an assassin khemval was pretty useless for me from level 20 onwards. He had his moments but literlly because i didn't have a viable healer (that robot does not count.) Azshara was the best companion i had up until then and i had been gearing khem up really well with unique and blue items, she just owns in greens. Ofc once i got a companion that could heal all others where cast to the side as pointless unless i group with someone who has a better healer companion.
Don't even get me started on the final companion, what a let down. He's just khem val, mk 2.
Darth Bain, Black Dawn Syndicate - 50 Assassin - Luka Sene
Valar Morghulis, Apotheosis - 50 Marauder - Luka Sene