Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin tanks any good in PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Assassin tanks any good in PvP?

DesperadoIG
12.19.2012 , 06:00 AM | #1
So i've just resubbed since 3 months after release

Was thinking about starting over fresh. Are assassin tanks any good?

Xinika
12.19.2012 , 07:35 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DesperadoIG View Post

They're *okay*.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

cycao
12.19.2012 , 07:40 AM | #3
This thread will go well.

Xinika
12.19.2012 , 07:42 AM | #4
Inb4tearsofnerfspeak.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

Technohic
12.19.2012 , 07:44 AM | #5
You can't go wrong rolling an assassin if that's what you are asking. You likely won't spec as tank when all said and done if you want optimal performance. Prepare for QQ.

I feel no sympathy for the 'nerf assassin" folks though. The new breed is what you get and what you deserve for the crying to nerf the tanksins back in the day. The more crying done, really the better they hybrids became.

Campaigner
12.19.2012 , 08:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DesperadoIG View Post

Assassins have been nerfed too hard and now no one wants one for PvP groups, especially not for rateds. Roll a DPS operative for the utility and damage assassins simply can't match.
OldTraunus (Formerly Traunus from SoEK)
Prophecy of the Five
<Old Republic War>

tacito
12.19.2012 , 08:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Campaigner View Post
Assassins have been nerfed too hard and now no one wants one for PvP groups, especially not for rateds. Roll a DPS operative for the utility and damage assassins simply can't match.
*snort* Admit it! You did that on purpose! I almost choked on my lunch, pure comedy gold

itsmymillertime
12.19.2012 , 08:47 AM | #8
assassin tank in pvp gear is still fun, as you get a grip and can stealth and a speed boost. Its fun to play, but I am not sure if the hardcore crowd likes it. Play for fun, play for yourself.

Capt_Beers
12.19.2012 , 08:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Campaigner View Post
Silly troll everyone knows you Arsenal Merc if you want the most well rounded class for PvP.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

NoTomorrow
12.19.2012 , 09:22 AM | #10
Lets just wait and see what will 1.7 bring. the game doesnt need too many changes to shift th attention back to sins and witness their return as a FOTM class. In fact all you need to do is nerf stun bubles and rage spec and it will be teams with half of them asassins all over again.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.