Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are groups allowed to queue with solo players in warzones?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why are groups allowed to queue with solo players in warzones?

Atramar
12.19.2012 , 08:40 AM | #21
With all those 'evil' premades running around, atleast every other game you should play as teamed with one... if you still loose with 4 'god all mighty voip fotm premade hackers' then maybe you are just... bad..?

for the record, I pug all the time since I'm in pve guild, have life etc... most of games are fun, but sometimes you see so bad/stupid players, I just wanna /gquit and join pvp guild who runs premades 24/7...
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

megoix
12.19.2012 , 08:41 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
This isnt really about outcome. Some might be fine with premades because those premades will also guarantee a win from time to time. My problem with it is that regardless how people twist and turn things we'll have outcomes determined by premades. If you get the good one they would probably have won without you and with a bad one you can't single handedly make up for it. And that's how it is, they're either bad or good because I rarely, if ever, see really good players form premades with bads.

There would have been much more diversity, and probably also closer games, if the system had matched premades against other premades and pugs against pugs. As a pug you'd get some good and some bad players but so would the other team. It wouldnt be a RNG roll every time.

Some people make it sound like pugs are in minority and should adapt. If this is the case they shouldnt have a problem with a premade queue. I mean, surely there must be enough premades to go around. And if people can't wait 2 extra minutes for a fair fight to be established then they shouldnt play in the first place.
Signed.

TheBigBee
12.19.2012 , 08:42 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
This
. As a pug you'd get some good and some bad players but so would the other team. It wouldnt be a RNG roll every time.

God have mercy on us all...brainless zombies now rule the earth
PUT YOUR HELMET ON !!!

Abkhazia
12.19.2012 , 08:47 AM | #24
Quote:
I have trouble understanding that when you use an argument that uses the premise of basically "gladiators vs drunken fun friends" that somehow, "gladiators" vs "drunken fun randoms" is better. It's not better, its way way worse.
I didn't say it was better.. I was saying it was worse which is why we can't have groups vs groups in unrated pvp. I think you missed the point sorry if i was unclear?

Quote:
There's only 2 possible immediate solutions to this. That will remove the inherit unfairness now currently in the game.
Quote:
1. Remove the ability to queue as a group all together.
I will not even dignify this with a response.

Quote:
2. Make people that queue as a group play versus others that queue as a group.
Premade haters like to run on this but it is a terrible point when thought out for reasons I just described;. More skilled groups will obliterate lesser skilled groups without a rating system which cannot currently work in this game, nor does it make sense anyway because the warzones are inherently bad for competitive pvp which is another argument though. Lesser skilled groups will pretty much never queue then and we'll see group pvp destroy itself with your proposed "solution" and suddenly people can't play with friends which is entirely unacceptable.

I think the issue here is that people do not actually realize how underskilled they are and when they run into more skilled opponents they want to blame it on the fact that there are too many of them in a single warzone (which good players virtually across the board absolutely HATE queuing solo into random battlegrounds btw and would sooner quit)

I don't really see the problem tbh. ANYONE and EVERYONE is able to group up. It's not like you were born not being able to while some people are... Forming a group in trade is much better than not. Pugging is not the same as randoming. Pugging is MUCH better, not to mention more entertaining. Do you guys not like other people or something?

jibboo
12.19.2012 , 08:50 AM | #25
Understand that even if they get rid of queuing as a group, people will still be queue syncing via voice chat.

This might result in slightly less premades, but there will still be premades.

How will you complain about that?
Zimbra - Assassin

Xiaaa
12.19.2012 , 08:53 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post
Understand that even if they get rid of queuing as a group, people will still be queue syncing via voice chat.

Simple solution, cross server queues? It puzzles me, why it has not been done already, considering this game has lost so many players and this still is not implemented.

megoix
12.19.2012 , 08:54 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by jibboo View Post

Laughing at it, is what I would do. If people where that luck then by all means. It's not something you can do much about either, nor does it really matter either.

jibboo
12.19.2012 , 08:57 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by megoix View Post
Laughing at it, is what I would do. If people where that luck then by all means. It's not something you can do much about either, nor does it really matter either.
Luck doesn't have much to do with it. If 8 people are in Vent saying "3, 2, 1, QUEUE!" most, if not all, will end up in the same warzone (unless cross server queues were implemented as mentioned above).
Zimbra - Assassin

megoix
12.19.2012 , 08:59 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Abkhazia View Post
I didn't say it was better.. I was saying it was worse which is why we can't have groups vs groups in unrated pvp. I think you missed the point sorry if i was unclear?

I will not even dignify this with a response.

Premade haters like to run on this but it is a terrible point when thought out for reasons I just described;. More skilled groups will obliterate lesser skilled groups without a rating system which cannot currently work in this game, nor does it make sense anyway because the warzones are inherently bad for competitive pvp which is another argument though. Lesser skilled groups will pretty much never queue then and we'll see group pvp destroy itself with your proposed "solution" and suddenly people can't play with friends which is entirely unacceptable.

I think the issue here is that people do not actually realize how underskilled they are and when they run into more skilled opponents they want to blame it on the fact that there are too many of them in a single warzone (which good players virtually across the board absolutely HATE queuing solo into random battlegrounds btw and would sooner quit)

I don't really see the problem tbh. ANYONE and EVERYONE is able to group up. It's not like you were born not being able to while some people are... Forming a group in trade is much better than not. Pugging is not the same as randoming. Pugging is MUCH better, not to mention more entertaining. Do you guys not like other people or something?
You were saying premade vs premade is worse, you even repeated it now. That inherently means that it is better than premade vs randoms. There's no third alternative here in between.

We currently have no rated system, which means that the only way you can ensure skill. Is by grouping with skilled people. And to top it all of, you can group those versus random people. Turning it into an unfair advantage.

I'm baffled that you do not understand that you're actually presenting an argument to the benefit of premade vs premade, not the other way around. Just the fact you're saying premade vs premade without a ranking system is unfair, without understanding that premade vs random is even more unfair is totally, and utterly, mind blowing.

LarryRow
12.19.2012 , 09:09 AM | #30
I simply cannot believe it is easier to make endless threads about the same topic and bang your heads against the wall offering the same suggestions over and over to Bioware, than to just form a frigging premade.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.