Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are groups allowed to queue with solo players in warzones?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why are groups allowed to queue with solo players in warzones?

PoliteAssasin
12.19.2012 , 07:45 AM | #11
Just because you're in a premade doesn't mean you are going to win. Even in voice chat. I've fought 4 and 8 man premades in pugs, and we've won. I've also lost to pugs in my own premades. Player skill and team composition are huge factors. If the pug has a superior comp, chances are they will win. If they have equal skill, they have a good chance at winning. People see multiple enemies with the same guild tag and assume that they're at an advantage.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

cycao
12.19.2012 , 07:47 AM | #12
I have lost count. How many threads on this topic have been started?

megoix
12.19.2012 , 07:55 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Just because you're in a premade doesn't mean you are going to win. Even in voice chat. I've fought 4 and 8 man premades in pugs, and we've won. I've also lost to pugs in my own premades. Player skill and team composition are huge factors. If the pug has a superior comp, chances are they will win. If they have equal skill, they have a good chance at winning. People see multiple enemies with the same guild tag and assume that they're at an advantage.
You're right in two aspects; it doesn't guarantee a win & skill and team composition matters. But the premade is inherently unfair in that it favor the 4 people that plays together. All I'm saying is that the inherently unfair part should be removed.

Also, just so it is said. If there's people in a warzone with the same guild tag and that equals a premade (it might not) for the sake of the argument. Then they are at an advantage. There's not really any discussion. The degree of advantage is pointless to discuss. Because we can discuss the relevance every single detail until the day we die.

Technohic
12.19.2012 , 07:58 AM | #14
They need the better matchmaking put in place to where there is no need for separate queues, but there would be no teams of 2 groups of 4 against 8 PUGs. Right now, I think that happens more than not because I think their logarithm is designed to just fill 8 spots as quick as possible and 4+4 is the path of least resistance.

I don't really care what the takes on this are anymore. Bottom line is there could be a win-win here where everyone still can queue how they want without slowing down the pops; and as long as people are unhappy now, they are just going to lose subscribers the longer it takes them to do something about it.

MidichIorian
12.19.2012 , 08:18 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
This isnt really about outcome. Some might be fine with premades because those premades will also guarantee a win from time to time. My problem with it is that regardless how people twist and turn things we'll have outcomes determined by premades. If you get the good one they would probably have won without you and with a bad one you can't single handedly make up for it. And that's how it is, they're either bad or good because I rarely, if ever, see really good players form premades with bads.

There would have been much more diversity, and probably also closer games, if the system had matched premades against other premades and pugs against pugs. As a pug you'd get some good and some bad players but so would the other team. It wouldnt be a RNG roll every time.

Some people make it sound like pugs are in minority and should adapt. If this is the case they shouldnt have a problem with a premade queue. I mean, surely there must be enough premades to go around. And if people can't wait 2 extra minutes for a fair fight to be established then they shouldnt play in the first place.

Vladnar
12.19.2012 , 08:22 AM | #16
it was going to be for them to practice up before heading into rated, fine tuning their skills, and a good chance things would have changed by season 1 or 2 at least but this hasn't come to pass and its been left to just hang around and annoy.

I find im either rolling the other team or being rolled over, with only very occasional even matchups but things will change its just over time............i have faith..............HOPE
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Xiaaa
12.19.2012 , 08:25 AM | #17
Doesnt matter how many posts of this has already been made, just make them more maybe BW will start paying attention, because it has gone out of control. This should be really split ages ago, there is other games out there, with less player base, and they have this implemented, premade vs premade.

To everyone that is constantly reminding us this is an MMO, yes it is, that doesnt change the fact, that every MMO has also pugs and casuals, those pay as much sub as all the rest, and maybe we dont want to search for friends that play 24/7 premade pvp, and telling us when to be online so we can actualy play PVP. Most of us just want to log and play an hour or so when we have the time.
It might become as a shock to you, but we do have friends in real life, and we dont need to search for friends online to play an hour a day with them?
Stop being so hostile against casuals, because if we all casuals stop paying subs, your premades will be left with no game at all.

Capt_Beers
12.19.2012 , 08:33 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I have lost count. How many threads on this topic have been started?
We are moving towards a "Premades ruining WZ's" singularity. Soon all posts will be about this.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

Abkhazia
12.19.2012 , 08:34 AM | #19
People of similar skill want to play together and not be bogged down by others. You can't have groups solely queue into groups because then you will have unrated rated battlegrounds basically and it is going to be very miserable on teams that aren't that good and just want to have drunken fun with friends while basically gladiators slaughter everyone.

They don't have an unfair advantage, it isn't like their abilities do more damage or anything, they just play as a group better. Skill and coordination is to be encouraged, despite what you think. All you nay sayers to premades keep on being in denial. You just hate that people are playing better than you.

megoix
12.19.2012 , 08:39 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Abkhazia View Post
People of similar skill want to play together and not be bogged down by others. You can't have groups solely queue into groups because then you will have unrated rated battlegrounds basically and it is going to be very miserable on teams that aren't that good and just want to have drunken fun with friends while basically gladiators slaughter everyone.

They don't have an unfair advantage, it isn't like their abilities do more damage or anything, they just play as a group better. Skill and coordination is to be encouraged, despite what you think. All you nay sayers to premades keep on being in denial. You just hate that people are playing better than you.
I have trouble understanding that when you use an argument that uses the premise of basically "gladiators vs drunken fun friends" that somehow, "gladiators" vs "drunken fun randoms" is better. It's not better, its way way worse.

There's only 2 possible immediate solutions to this. That will remove the inherit unfairness now currently in the game.

1. Remove the ability to queue as a group all together.
2. Make people that queue as a group play versus others that queue as a group.