Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are groups allowed to queue with solo players in warzones?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why are groups allowed to queue with solo players in warzones?

megoix
12.19.2012 , 04:09 AM | #1
Now since the launch of SWTOR this has been possible. It is commonly known as "premades".
It usually means a combination of the following things.

- Friends playing together.
- VOIP coordinated.
- Level of gear is usually in the very high end spectrum.

The result of this is that 4 out of 8 players on the other team, 8 if you're unlucky, are able to coordinate and play in a fashion random people never will. Effectively winning close to every game, resulting in the opposing team giving up. Which means one thing only, farming the medals you can before the game is over.

I would love to hear from Bioware why this is still possible to PVP this way as it is clearly disadvantageous to everyone but the "premade". Anyone?

As a last note, I have the perfect solution. With keeping the ability for friends and guildies to play together. Team them versus each other. Group queued(premade) vs group queued(premade). In the meantime this should be disabled so that people have an equal chance of success based on how they enter any warzone.

MidichIorian
12.19.2012 , 04:20 AM | #2
The system could atleast try to match premades for a few minutes before mixing it up. Right now it's just throwing whoever it can find into a game.

I used to be fine with having no matchmaking criterias but it has now reached critical mass. Not only are the imps on my server consistently picking better classes for pvp but they also seem to form more premades of "those classes". I'm at a point where I'll probably get banned soon for yelling at my team mates. And yes, they suck but they would have sucked less if not every match had been an uphill battle. I can't remember the last time I had a really close game.

Inb4 form a premade of your own. Couple of problems with that.
1. The population is now big enough to support matchmaking criterias so you will only run in to the same pug team mates every now and then. It's hard to form an opinion of people based on just one game ever now and then.
2. You want to form premades with capable players, or you might aswell just save yourself the trouble, but it's hard to tell who's good and not when the other team has a "four warrior premade" that focuses people.
3. Classes. There are probably ten commandos for every sent on the Shadowlands, it seems to be the other way around for mercs and maras. I am not forming a premade with commandos in that enviroment.

NoTomorrow
12.19.2012 , 04:42 AM | #3
I am just sick of fighting all these stupid premades on my own. I let our enemy have a taste of their own medicine. If the other 4ppl are not bad, we can actually push the republic scum back to their spawn area on huttball. I ask my self, isn't this too much what i am doing? Then I realize that this is the same the scum does to us when they have the opportunity, so i show no mercy.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Sleprock
12.19.2012 , 05:08 AM | #4
Because people like to play with their friends???

This is an MMO and if you want to play alone go play a console with one of those cool "pew pew" games.

MidichIorian
12.19.2012 , 05:13 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sleprock View Post

This is an MMO and if you want to play alone go play a console with one of those cool "pew pew" games.
Or you could realize that just as many are pugging and paying customers. If BW continues to ignore said group it's going to hurt the game and whatever little premade you are in.

And don't fool yourself on the whole MMO thingy. This game has been blamed for being a single player game with MMO influences so when did it all of a sudden become a full scale MMO?

rawfox
12.19.2012 , 05:15 AM | #6
L2P

nwm, its really a "learn to play" thingy, from whatever direction i look at it.

From PuGs view, is a real chellange and nearly always a lost game.
Lost the game can also mean, learned something.
At all, to loose in PvP was never a problem to me as long as i knew, why.
Mostly i came to the conclusion, that i made wrong.
Yeah, sometimes you dont make wrong but still ... loose.
So, loads of time to watch or skirmish in a match thats lost anyways.
Why care so mutch ?

From the premade's view, its just practise.
Where should i practise to play together with my friends to find my role in the team ?
Im still a nabber without EWH gear, i cannot go to ranked WZ, so what ?
Over that its epic fun to have friends for PvP and its a win due to voice coms only, beside of the players that join groups to advance their PvP are anyways skilled for a certain level.

So here are my tips how to engange a good premade ...
Show no respect, combat wise.
No need to get personal and hate rage, its a game, it may have a sportive character.
Use EVERYTHING you have, try to win a fight instead of the match.
Try to hinder them, stay on the ball, doors, objectives.

When your heartbeat is going up and your body responses to the game, changeing your breathing, your adrenaline, you seriously must master that in first place.
There is no way to make rational decisions while going emo.
Once you have overview, try to watch the people and yourself, learning starts here i think.

I dont wrote that directly to OP, but there is a lot complaining about premades in Pug WZs and thats not quit right to me. Everyone can ask himself, with how many PKs you enter lvl 50 for the first time.
And at all, why is "build your own premade" not allowed as argument ??!

Sleprock
12.19.2012 , 05:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Or you could realize that just as many are pugging and paying customers. If BW continues to ignore said group it's going to hurt the game and whatever little premade you are in.

And don't fool yourself on the whole MMO thingy. This game has been blamed for being a single player game with MMO influences so when did it all of a sudden become a full scale MMO?
Talk to people and que up with players and make the best of the game ffs. Just because you feel it's a single player game doesn't mean we need your negative vibes. I used to pug alot and still do. Ya meet people along the way and join up with them. Can anyone talk to one another these days? This is an MMO and I stand by my case lol. And I'm not a part of a little so called "pre-made". I group with people in my friends list and those in my small guild of 15 or so players. We have fun and enjoy it.

You can't please everyone, especially the loners.

AlyxDinas
12.19.2012 , 05:28 AM | #8
It really does just come down to the fact that friends should be able to enjoy content together. Does it sometimes affect the matches? More than sometimes! Often!

But the real issue isn't that people can queue in a group. The issue is that BioWare's done a pretty bad job of providing incentive for guilds and groups and teams to queue for Ranked WZs can thus thin out the disparity. If there was more incentive to play Ranked and, thus, less premades rolling pugs because they're too busy fighting other premades...well, being able to queue with some friends wouldn't be as big of an issue.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

Sleprock
12.19.2012 , 05:37 AM | #9
I agree with the rated problem. For small guilds it's out of the question for us to have enough geared players on all at once, and for big guilds there is not enough other big guilds queing. They need to give better rewards and fluff items and also allow teams of four to que in them. Then have these teams of four paired with another and face other teams that are made of of two premades which happens alot in non-ranked already. Then you could help solve some of the pugger's griefs.

megoix
12.19.2012 , 05:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Sleprock View Post

I don't want you to not be able to play with friends. I'm saying you can play with your friends vs other people that also play with their friends. Otherwise you stack skill and gear in your favor.

Though I suspect your sentiment is meant to throw the issue off its intended target. 4 john doe's teaming up isn't a problem. 4 people (friends) with an interest, skill and time (gear) teaming up together, that's a problem when they're teamed with 4 more john doe's vs 8 john doe's.

EDIT: On further realization this answers all the others that chime in with "We want to play with friends".